Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I downloaded a bunch of mods for Skyrim, including one that allows the player character to have sexy adventures with NPCs (what can I say? I was curious). The mod contains all sorts of sexy good fun, like my character passionately and tenderly telling everyone, "I want you to give me your hole [sic] fist" and NPCs wandering away from the player character in their underwear, nonchalantly observing her screaming her orgasms unto the empty skies.

One of those times, this sequence of events happened:

No, it probably isn't.

Evidently!

I think we all have, Onmund.

Doubtful.

Also, Louis Letrush has some problems:

I think the part that worries me most here is accusatory his glare is. Like, he knows he's glitching out and that it's my fault somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Never mind.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 11:44 on Jul 23, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Factory Factory posted:

Those are not glitches. Those are creepy loving mods from Skyrim Nexus. What made you think that post was a good idea?

I made one before and no one got upset. I'm sorry you didn't like it. I thought it was funny, the juxtaposition with the naked lady and the text sort of referencing the situation, but you're right, it's not really a glitch. I'll take them down.

Sometimes, breathing calmly and slowly helps quell unnecessary rage. Just a tip!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Cbouncerrun posted:

Why did you install a naked mod?

I didn't. I installed a mod that changed the basic female body shapes because I wanted a hotter character. I'd never downloaded mods for a game before and I wanted to see what a bunch of them did, and then I just kept it because I thought it made the chicks look awesome and I am, in essence, a very shallow person.

The sex mod, I downloaded when I was drunk and it's pretty funny when it glitches out.

Wait...who cares? :psyduck:

Enough of this derail, please. If you really want to make a squawk over what Skyrim mods I download, PM me.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I know Bethesda games are famous for having terrible options for faces during character creation, but saying you wanted a 'hotter character'... probably not the best justification you could've made.

Lord knows, the video game industry and its fans have never capitalized on humanity's inherent desire to see some hot big-titted ladies run around stabbing things with swords! Don't you remember the whole Valkyrie Wilde joke in PSM?

ON TOPIC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khRNQgMjLMM&feature=related

Someone gives a character in Oblivion a thousand pieces of venison, while a weird giant stomps around in the background.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Cbouncerrun posted:

Again, not a glitch.

You sure? There's a pretty huge NPC in the background there. Granted, I didn't finish Oblivion, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't come standard.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Brother Jonathan posted:

From Bioware's Star Wars: The Old Republic, a problem with the character scripting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiczLzXRIjQ

Hello, she is obviously receiving a divine message from some Dark Side deity. The clip cut off before she picked up the snake and started speaking in tongues.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

haveblue posted:

Yeah, it's important to remember for every embarrassing glitch and mistake ITT there were probably ten more that were a lot less funny and a lot more disruptive to actually playing the game, but they aren't here because they were caught internally and fixed

This is very true.

As an example, today three deleted script lines showed up in a pre-release build because nobody checked the drat ID numbers and instead of saying "clearly we have put the wrong words here, the words struck out in red and marked DELETE OR DO NOT USE, and we should replace them with the dialogue lines marked USE THIS INSTEAD OF LINE XYZ" they assumed it was my fault and complained the script did not make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Tricky Ed posted:

Keith David played Julius in the first Saints Row, in which he gives the player character the nickname "Playa," as in player, as both a meta thing and as a way to get around the player character having no name. He spent an entire game pronouncing playa in that way, plus additional appearances in other entries in the series.

And yet, in an audio log you can find in Saints Row 4, he pronounces the word playa as though it were the Spanish word for beach, when referring to the player's actions. You'd think that everyone involved would know how Julius referred to the player character, but it slipped past because the read kind of made sense and was probably recorded out of order. Games are hard.

He probably just wanted to point out what a little beach the player character was being.