Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

hello we are on tour again!

Portland
Seattle (two shows!)
SF
LA
San Diego
Phoenix
Santa Fe (at Meow Wolf!)
Boulder

the Portland, LA, and Santa Fe shows are sold out already but there are still tix for the others. if you come to a show, come say hi from a safe distance! im the one on the stage with the keyboard and laptop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Oh, to see you and Meow Wolf together would be a unique experience
Come to Memphis

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Earwicker posted:

hello we are on tour again!

Portland
Seattle (two shows!)
SF
LA
San Diego
Phoenix
Santa Fe (at Meow Wolf!)
Boulder

the Portland, LA, and Santa Fe shows are sold out already but there are still tix for the others. if you come to a show, come say hi from a safe distance! im the one on the stage with the keyboard and laptop
oh drat i just missed the san francisco one, ah well, going to SF from east bay is too much work :colbert: No Fox Theater this time? I saw some of the first couple tours there and had a blast; it's the best bay area venue these days imo.

ah well, have a good time, those are some cool places. Hows the crowds these days? Do people still dress up a lot as glow clouds and stuff?

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

I'm a bit behind and catching up on the last few months, but I think The Delivery Man is going to be my new go-to standalone episode to play for people to introduce them to Night Vale.

This is actually a very helpful recommendation- I like Night Vale but I haven't kept up with it for years so if anyone has other suggestions for episodes/arcs that work well on their own and don't need much knowledge of Night Vale lore it would be much appreciated

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Most Night Vale episodes are pretty self contained, with metaplot references that you will enjoy MORE if you are all caught up, but are not required.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I can still can't get over how good that Huntokar episode with that sick loving song by The Royal They was

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Harold Fjord posted:

I can still can't get over how good that Huntokar episode with that sick loving song by The Royal They was

That and the one about waiting for the bus in the rain are the only good Weathers IMO.

My criteria for "good" is "do I remember them afterwards?" and "am I pumped up and/or 'gized?"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That and the one about waiting for the bus in the rain are the only good Weathers IMO.

My criteria for "good" is "do I remember them afterwards?" and "am I pumped up and/or 'gized?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVDr93UJQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkwpOnarcUU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anyone know the specific episode where Cecil has the line that goes like " stars are dead eyed sigils, funeral markers of our defeat against time and distance"?

Also, fave weathers are still Palestine by Sam Baker and Aye by Dio. Not that Dio,
https://youtu.be/gq3PhQfg1vU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Finally caught up with the last couple of months. The tenth anniversary episode had me very emotional. I can't believe I've been listening since the very start, since I saw that thread in GBS and thought "Huh, sounds neat". It took me a while but once I got it, I got it. Now I've been to four live shows, shaken hands with most of the cast, and listened faithfully for an entire turbulent decade. Dang. Got me feeling a kind of way.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Glad to finally be able to catch the show tonight in Berlin!

I had the ticket for Helsinki before the ’rona hit, then everything happened and now I missed the show in Helsinki but happen to be living in Berlin for a year. Woo

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

hello just bumping this thread with a reminder that we are about to go on tour again, i'm pretty these will be the very last shows of the Haunting of Night Vale script

Newark 4/21
Madison 4/23
Bloomington 4/24
Detroit 4/25
Portland (Maine) 4/28
Providence 4/29
New Haven 4/30

Mal Blum is opening/weather. hope to see some of you there!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Earwicker posted:

hello just bumping this thread with a reminder that we are about to go on tour again, i'm pretty these will be the very last shows of the Haunting of Night Vale script

Newark 4/21
Madison 4/23
Bloomington 4/24
Detroit 4/25
Portland (Maine) 4/28
Providence 4/29
New Haven 4/30

Mal Blum is opening/weather. hope to see some of you there!

I saw the show in Richmond, it was a lot of fun!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

We caught the Pittsburgh show back in February and it was a lot of fun. If you're near a show definitely try and go

Maybe get there early though because they didn't have anywhere near enough fat person shirts :smith:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

hello i am once again bumping this thread to remind you about a tour. but this is a new one!

we are doing a brand new show called the Attic. it has cool projections! and we have james felice, al olender, and juliana finch as musical guests

we'll be on the road for three weeks starting in the northeast, doing a bunch of the midwest, and ending in the mountain zone.

we are playing in omaha nebraska and fayetteville arkansas for the first time ever, ive never even been to those states before. after that i only have wyoming and alaska left to have visited all 50

here is the schedule and ticket link https://www.welcometonightvale.com/live

and please feel free to come say hi after the show while im cleaning up my stuff on stage. and also please consider wearing a mask as there is a covid wave going on and we don't want to cancel the tour!

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 18, 2023

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I bought tickets for the Columbus show Saturday morning. Managed to snag front row seats for it as well!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm sorry for whatever we did to you guys in Winnipeg that makes you now avoid us like the plague.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yea im not sure why we are not going to Canada with this show, other than one Toronto show that was added very recently. we havent been to Canada since the pandemic actually. i have nothing to do with the booking side of things but i wouldnt be surprised if its become more difficult to perform or get gigs up there in some respect but again, dont know why, sorry.

i enjoyed Winnipeg we had some good Ethiopian food and i wandered around and found lots of cool public art. altho i went to a local record shop and they were completely sold out of Venetian Snares which kind of bummed me out! i was really looking forward to buying a copy of Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole, in Winnipeg. no offense, you unterstand.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 18, 2023

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
My wife and I enjoyed the last show when you came through Richmond, hoping to attend this one as well.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
It has been a few years since I've listened to the podcast, but I recall Cecil announcing a while back that he was retiring from touring. From the live event page, it looks like he's in this one?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

WhiteHowler posted:

It has been a few years since I've listened to the podcast, but I recall Cecil announcing a while back that he was retiring from touring. From the live event page, it looks like he's in this one?

They explained it in one of the public patreon posts iirc. He was considering retiring after the last tour due to the stress of so much traveling but he missed doing live shows during the pandemic.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Mokinokaro posted:

They explained it in one of the public patreon posts iirc. He was considering retiring after the last tour due to the stress of so much traveling but he missed doing live shows during the pandemic.

Thanks for the info. I'm glad he was able to figure out a balance, because he's got a great stage presence at the live shows.

(You do too, Earwicker, but you don't get to talk much.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

WhiteHowler posted:

Theater, if you've heard the man speak as Cecil Baldwin instead of Cecil Palmer, is in his blood, you cannot keep him from the stage for very long.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Randalor posted:

I'm sorry for whatever we did to you guys in Winnipeg that makes you now avoid us like the plague.

now that im packing, i remember. our first Winnipeg show was actually one of our more hosed up shows! not the audience's fault of course but there was a lot of sketchy/weird poo poo going on at that venue that night - it was converted, very 80's movie theatre - and i took a roll of gaff tape from the place and have kept it with me ever since as a sort of ward. ive long since used up the actual tape and it saved our merch bag a couple times in some rough spots and also holds one of my old laptops together, now i still just carry the cardboard center of the roll around with me on every tour.

we did a second show in winnipeg a year later in a different venue and it was quite nice from what i remember. so i hope we'll be back.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

hello i am back to remind you that we are on the road again

Jan 9 - Austin
Jan 11 - Tuscon
Jan 12 - LA
Jan 13 - SF
Jan 14 - Sacramento
Jan 17 - Eugene
Jan 18 - Portland
Jan 19 - Seattle (2 shows, 7pm and 9:45pm)

i am particularly excited about the SF show as we are at the Castro Theatre where I've been going to see movies my whole life. in fact i've only seen movies there, never any kind of stage show, tho it makes sense since we have a projector element in our show now

anyway come check it out!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Can you just relay the message to Cecil that his voice is phenomenal at getting my fussy baby to sleep? She's dozed off to many episodes of Nighvale over the last two months

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Earwicker posted:

hello i am back to remind you that we are on the road again

Jan 9 - Austin
Jan 11 - Tuscon
Jan 12 - LA
Jan 13 - SF
Jan 14 - Sacramento
Jan 17 - Eugene
Jan 18 - Portland
Jan 19 - Seattle (2 shows, 7pm and 9:45pm)

i am particularly excited about the SF show as we are at the Castro Theatre where I've been going to see movies my whole life. in fact i've only seen movies there, never any kind of stage show, tho it makes sense since we have a projector element in our show now

anyway come check it out!

Double posting to say last nights show was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am so behind on episodes. I need to get caught up, I don't remember the last episode I listened to. Probably sometime after the space war episodes