Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

BooDoug187 posted:

Cool, one question, where does one submit their stories? On that site or is there a email addy?

Or do I knock on the south most wall of my house and whisper it into the ear of the bear? :tinfoil:

Yeah, I completely forgot to put the email address in the writers requirements. The email to submit is listed in the artist one, so just send any submissions to that email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Len posted:

That's good. I'm really loving this series. I really like how each time I listen I catch something I didn't before. Are you guys still kicking around a tshirt idea?

To answer your question more fully:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
I finally got a chance to listen to the latest episode. It was really great, it might be my favorite one yet. Great Job.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

maxnmona posted:

To answer your question more fully:

When can I throw money at you guys?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Len posted:

We are working on figuring out the ordering and shipping structure. It should be ready either in the next couple days, or after Christmas. I'll post here when it is.

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
The latest episode was pure gold. I work overnights in an office and some of the descriptions used made me feel like I was spiraling down into the story itself.

Don't ever stop.

Night Vale has become an important office staple, we play it every other Sunday (or so) for the whole overnight staff to hear. We need something like this to unify us and it gives us a common hatred for Desert Bluffs. Man, I really hate those guys.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Len posted:

We'll not really doing much to promote this until everyone's home from the holidays but

http://www.commonplacebooks.com/p/commonplace-books-store.html

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

maxnmona posted:

We'll not really doing much to promote this until everyone's home from the holidays but

http://www.commonplacebooks.com/p/commonplace-books-store.html

Awesome. Gonna buy this once I can deposit christmas money into the bank.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
Ep. 13 is amazing and maybe the strongest so far. I'd love to see more format-breaking episodes like it. Also, having Cecil interview actual guests would be awesome.

Who runs the Twitter? They're hilarious.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

End Of Worlds posted:

Ep. 13 is amazing and maybe the strongest so far. I'd love to see more format-breaking episodes like it. Also, having Cecil interview actual guests would be awesome.

Who runs the Twitter? They're hilarious.

Thanks! Episode 19 is going to be another format-breaking episode, in an even bigger way than this one was.

No interviews so far, but this winter will have a few voices besides Cecil showing up.

And the twitter is me and my co-writer Jeffrey. In terms of the planning and writing of Night Vale, it's just us.

A reminder again that we now have t-shirts for sale and that they're awesome: http://www.commonplacebooks.com/p/commonplace-books-store.html

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

maxnmona posted:

Thanks! Episode 19 is going to be another format-breaking episode, in an even bigger way than this one was.

No interviews so far, but this winter will have a few voices besides Cecil showing up.

And the twitter is me and my co-writer Jeffrey. In terms of the planning and writing of Night Vale, it's just us.

A reminder again that we now have t-shirts for sale and that they're awesome: http://www.commonplacebooks.com/p/commonplace-books-store.html

I don't know if it's just me or not but the add to cart links don't work in Opera.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Len posted:

I don't know if it's just me or not but the add to cart links don't work in Opera.

That's quite possible. The Amazon checkout code kinda sucks. It definitely works in Explorer, Safari, and Firefox.

DevilsChapstick
Oct 30, 2011
Holy poo poo I want one but you guys don't have fat sizes. I need a 3x stat.

Radical Polio
Nov 8, 2007

Creatively Bankrupt
(*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*)
First episode was really remarkable. I love what you're going for and I don't even know why. Thank you a lot recording of gold or star doesn't matter which. Get back to me soon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

maxnmona posted:

That's quite possible. The Amazon checkout code kinda sucks. It definitely works in Explorer, Safari, and Firefox.

Yeah I just swapped over to Firefox and picked it up. I don't normally go for spending that much on tshirts but I really like what you guys have done with Night Vale and I wanna show support.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Radical Polio posted:

First episode was really remarkable. I love what you're going for and I don't even know why.

Thanks!

Radical Polio posted:

Thank you a lot recording of gold or star doesn't matter which. Get back to me soon.

what?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

New Year. New Night Vale.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/welcome-to-night-vale/id536258179
http://feeds.feedburner.com/WelcomeToNightVale

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

We are, you'll notice, getting better about remembering when the episode would come out when writing it. At first there was no connection between the time of year and the content of the episode because we write them months in advance.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Just got my shirt today, faster than I expected too, can't wait to wear it places.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I love this Podcast, I have been listening to it since episode 2.

But listening to it alone in my room in the dark especially the last two episodes really frecked me out it was so great.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Len posted:

Just got my shirt today, faster than I expected too, can't wait to wear it places.

Take a pic of you wearing it and send it to us. That goes for everyone who buys one, we wanna see you wearing this weird thing we thought up on your bodies.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

maxnmona posted:

Take a pic of you wearing it and send it to us. That goes for everyone who buys one, we wanna see you wearing this weird thing we thought up on your bodies.

Can do. Also I like the little personal note on the invoice it was a nice touch showing that you guys aren't just a nameless company.

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Any idea how the podcast is doing out there? Anything to reference it against?

Pretty sure I will be picking up a Night Vale t-shirt here before too long, very excited about it. Days that aren't the 1st or 15th are painfully long.

On3moresoul fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 16, 2013

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

On3moresoul posted:

Any idea how the podcast id doing out there? Anything to reference it against?

Pretty sure I will be picking up a Night Vale t-shirt here before too long, very excited about it. Days that aren't the 1st or 15th are painfully long.

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I can tell you that at a few days short of six months, the podcast has had over 21,000 downloads over all episodes. So that's been exciting for us.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
A big thumbs up to whoever is writing/managing the Night Vale twitter feed, it's pretty great.

I yoinked a shirt, hope it arrives soon. If you do any more merch you can count me in on it.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

seigfox posted:

A big thumbs up to whoever is writing/managing the Night Vale twitter feed, it's pretty great.

I yoinked a shirt, hope it arrives soon. If you do any more merch you can count me in on it.

All shirts ordered so far are in the mail.

And the twitter account is just Jeffrey and me.

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006
My shirt arrived! Sorry to make you ship it all the way to the UK.

The little note was nice as well :)

Loving everything about this podcast

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The latest episode seems to have taken a detour through the Mobius onramp near the dog park. After the traffic report, it started over.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Coco13 posted:

The latest episode seems to have taken a detour through the Mobius onramp near the dog park. After the traffic report, it started over.

YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE DOG PARK!

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Coco13 posted:

If that happened to you, try redownloading it, because the episode definitely does not do that.

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

Was that a Dark Tower reference?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

FuzzyPickles posted:

Was that a Dark Tower reference?

Yeah

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

All things considered, pretty smart of him to lock it in a town like Night Vale. Hopefully this seed blooms into something good.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

FuzzyPickles posted:

All things considered, pretty smart of him to lock it in a town like Night Vale. Hopefully this seed blooms into something good.

I can tell you that other than a few important facts we have yet to reveal about the city under Night Vale, the running plotlines are all pretty much made up as we go along.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

maxnmona posted:

I can tell you that other than a few important facts we have yet to reveal about the city under Night Vale, the running plotlines are all pretty much made up as we go along.

Seeing what happened when King tried to tie up all his Dark Tower storylines (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE), I suggest you stick to this plan.

Also I would pay money for a quality map of the town and its environs.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Speaking of paying money I would buy the NRA bumpersticker mentioned in episode 1.

I tried to introduce my friends to the series and they seemed to find it funny but I doubt they'll listen to anything past episode one because they're the worst.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Len posted:

Speaking of paying money I would buy the NRA bumpersticker mentioned in episode 1.

Yeah, we're getting a lot of merch requests for different stuff, but since we're funding any merchandise printing out of our own pockets, along with the expense of the show, we're waiting to see if the t-shirts make back their money before going forward with anything else.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I don't know if American scouts wear their ranks as badges or something, but if they do some of the Night Vale ranks would be pretty cool.

Also I think this latest episode was the most menacing one yet, at least the introduction to Street Cleaning Day. Or maybe the time station management was acting up has it beat, I'll have to listen through the whole series again soon.

I liked this episode's weather, too.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Woebin posted:

I don't know if American scouts wear their ranks as badges or something, but if they do some of the Night Vale ranks would be pretty cool.

They do and holy hell yes I would proudly sport a Blood Pact Scout badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Yesterday beat our record for downloads and we are back on the iTunes top 200, so that's all cool. Total downloads at a little over 23,000.