Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007

Leospeare posted:

They do and holy hell yes I would proudly sport a Blood Pact Scout badge.

Count me in as well if you ever decide to sell a Blood Pact Scout badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

maxnmona posted:

Yesterday beat our record for downloads and we are back on the iTunes top 200, so that's all cool. Total downloads at a little over 23,000.

Totally deserved. This whole series is so refreshing and original and well produced I look forward to every episode.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Just wanted to say that A Story About You is easily my favorite episode so far. The writing was absolutely top notch and I really loved the ending. Please don't ever stop making Nightvale, its easily the coolest most unique podcast ever in the world ever.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
New episode is one of my favorites so far. I love you guys.

doctorfrog posted:

Also I would pay money for a quality map of the town and its environs.

I know you're waiting to see a return on the shirts but holy poo poo this.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

End Of Worlds posted:

I know you're waiting to see a return on the shirts but holy poo poo this.
A map seems like such an obvious thing to put in the upcoming book, I think. I hope there's a map in there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

This is gonna sound super nerdy but I genuinely want to run a one shot rpg game set in Night Vale. I think it would work pretty decent as a scientific exploration into the city under the bowling alley.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Len posted:

This is gonna sound super nerdy but I genuinely want to run a one shot rpg game set in Night Vale. I think it would work pretty decent as a scientific exploration into the city under the bowling alley.

You have our blessing to create one, as long as you don't try to make any money off it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

maxnmona posted:

You have our blessing to create one, as long as you don't try to make any money off it.

I wouldn't try and do that. It'd just be me using some established system and tweaking it a bit to play with friends. It would probably work with any of the many Call of Cthluhu systems out there.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Len posted:

I wouldn't try and do that. It'd just be me using some established system and tweaking it a bit to play with friends. It would probably work with any of the many Call of Cthluhu systems out there.

You are touched by an angel. Roll D20 not to poo poo yourself and go blind.
Your funeral will be wonderful.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

If you want a Night Vale shirt, and we are not currently offering your size (http://www.commonplacebooks.com/p/commonplace-books-store.html), let us know today and we may be able to arrange a shirt for you. This'll be the last chance for a few months. nightvale@commonplacebooks.com

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Can you take two XXL shirts and sort of cut and resew them together into one XXXXL shirt?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Earwicker posted:

Can you take two XXL shirts and sort of cut and resew them together into one XXXXL shirt?

I am actually printing a special order 5XL shirt, thus the asking if anyone else has a special order.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Is that for a goon? If so please give us this user's name because I worked out a deal with Lowtax where I am officially the fattest person on the SA forums and no one fatter is allowed here.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Impressive advertising campaign you guys are running.

http://m.abc27.com/default.aspx?pid...type%3drssstory

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
New episode is up!

Carlos :swoon:

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

This cast is officially

PERFECT

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?
Everything I love is eventually proven to have originated with goons. What the hell.

This is my way of saying I loving love Night Vale.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Sex Robot posted:

This cast is officially

PERFECT

What cast? That was Carlos.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003

maxnmona posted:

What cast? That was Carlos.

I was hoping to find out whether his perfect, beautiful hair had recovered from the butchering inflicted by the vile Telly.

Telly.

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

Just started listening to this. Love it so hard. I had the "Waiting at the Bus Stop" song in my head for days. I look forward to new episodes!

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Ms. Happiness posted:

Just started listening to this. Love it so hard. I had the "Waiting at the Bus Stop" song in my head for days. I look forward to new episodes!

WAITIN' FOR THE BUS AW poo poo IT'S ANOTHER BUS.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003

Sex Robot posted:

I like to queue that song up while I am, in fact, waiting for a bus and only seeing other buses.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
Any notice on when we'll find out what submissions will be used for the book?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Any notice on when we'll find out what submissions will be used for the book?

Currently I'm traveling around Europe until March, so definitely not until then. Other than that, the best answer I can give you is as soon as we can finish the selection.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
Oh man, 17 is one of your top 3 or 4 best, I think. Do you guys have any plans for how long this will run or are you just gonna ride it out?

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Today's episode's weather is just plain marvelous.

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

Sex Robot posted:

http://satellitehigh.bandcamp.com/track/the-bus-is-late

Aww poo poo found the link.

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Did I hear you guys interviewed on NPR? I want to say it was on Fresh Air maybe?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

End Of Worlds posted:

Oh man, 17 is one of your top 3 or 4 best, I think. Do you guys have any plans for how long this will run or are you just gonna ride it out?

We have no current plans to end it.

cheapandugly posted:

Today's episode's weather is just plain marvelous.

Yeah, that's a song I first heard 7-8 years ago and always really liked.

Wizzle posted:

Did I hear you guys interviewed on NPR? I want to say it was on Fresh Air maybe?

Boy I wish.

We did get interviewed by the Dallas Morning News. Short and not hugely informative article here: http://artsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/welcome-to-night-vale-eerie-witty-podcast-has-texas-ties.html

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Oh, and next episode has a surprise guest writer who you all will definitely have heard of. We'll announce who in a week. Unless we forget and one of us mentions it earlier.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

maxnmona posted:

Oh, and next episode has a surprise guest writer who you all will definitely have heard of. We'll announce who in a week. Unless we forget and one of us mentions it earlier.

Wow, the excitement from this has been palpable.

I'll announce it here before twitter cuz why not: the guest writer who wrote the main story for ep 18 is SomethingAwful's own Zack Parsons. The episode is called "The Traveler" and his story, as anyone who has read his creepy/funny sci-fi writing could guess, is awesome.

Look forward to that next Friday.

Every Man Jack
Jan 14, 2010
Pillbug
Welp, I'm even more stoked for next episode now. Liminal States was one of my favorite books from last year, and I've loved some of hiss creepier articles on the site, Like 'Instructions For A ____" and Lambspoke. Now that I think of it, I'd love to see a Lambspoke podcast/radio play.

I am glad February is such a short month so I can get my fix a few days sooner.

elpintogrande
Sep 3, 2000

Hey, everybody should check out this podcast! It was a lot of fun to collaborate on Episode 18: The Traveler.

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

that episode made me really want a beard...

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
What was the music playing during the final part of the most recent episode? That entire segment was fabulous! :3:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Some Strange Flea posted:

What was the music playing during the final part of the most recent episode? That entire segment was fabulous! :3:

Atalanta Fugiens from the Disparition album Transmutations. It's a song I've used a few times (it's in the pilot, actually) but I think this is the first time I've let it run almost its entire length.

And thanks. That ending bit was something I wrote in a plane while flying over Colorado. I'm terrified of flying, so I was mainly happy that I was able to concentrate enough while flying to get a little work done.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Also I want to take a second and publicly thank Zack again for his contribution. When we talked about guest writers, Zack was right at the top of the list, because he'd been doing this kind of weird fiction/horror/comedy for years before we even thought of doing it.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I wish I hadn't been so cynical when I read "A podcast unlike any other" and ignored the thread when it first popped up. I've just listened to every episode over the course of a few days. It's amazing. I'm very much looking forward to this Friday.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Thanks!

This Friday is the most ambitious episode we've done, and it's more ambitious than any other podcast episode I've personally come across.

The script for it that my co-writer wrote is about twice as long as anything we've done, and I spent hours recording the voices and sound effects for it, as well as composing and recording a brand new score for it. I'm very excited to see it released, finally.

Also very excited about this, which was one of the happiest moments in my life: https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/309872379033710593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

maxnmona posted:

Thanks!

This Friday is the most ambitious episode we've done, and it's more ambitious than any other podcast episode I've personally come across.

The script for it that my co-writer wrote is about twice as long as anything we've done, and I spent hours recording the voices and sound effects for it, as well as composing and recording a brand new score for it. I'm very excited to see it released, finally.

Also very excited about this, which was one of the happiest moments in my life: https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/309872379033710593

One of my favorite bands is pimping out my favorite podcast. That's pretty neat.