Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've started working through Nightvale after jumping off around the book of crushes years ago, i forgot how good all the weather music is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MariusLecter posted:

Dio - Aye ft. Sef
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVDr93UJQQ

Still my fave track that WTNV has brought to my attention.

That's a very good one, I liked Neptune's Jewels enough to buy the album

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lampsacus posted:

I picked up a book John Died at the End and really enjoyed it. To my surprise, a reccomedation to listen to Night Vale led me back here to SA. Did it start by one of the forum members?

Also, is it too late to jump on the hype train for Night Vale? Is it still a popular thing? Is it still available to listen to from the start, knowing nothing much about it? Or has the brand got too convoluted that it's probably best not to try this rabbit hole? Cheers.

The first post

maxnmona posted:

Hi there, you might remember me for the book on the unused story ideas of H.P. Lovecraft and the other book on what it means to be a grown-up.

Now I have a podcast which I genuinely think is completely different from any other podcast out there, and I wanted you all to hear it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mokinokaro posted:

I think one of your weather artists might have at some point?

Satellite High I think?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Zack Parsons wrote that really good episode with the submarine

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That and the one about waiting for the bus in the rain are the only good Weathers IMO.

My criteria for "good" is "do I remember them afterwards?" and "am I pumped up and/or 'gized?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVDr93UJQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkwpOnarcUU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

We caught the Pittsburgh show back in February and it was a lot of fun. If you're near a show definitely try and go

Maybe get there early though because they didn't have anywhere near enough fat person shirts :smith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I bought tickets for the Columbus show Saturday morning. Managed to snag front row seats for it as well!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Can you just relay the message to Cecil that his voice is phenomenal at getting my fussy baby to sleep? She's dozed off to many episodes of Nighvale over the last two months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Earwicker posted:

hello i am back to remind you that we are on the road again

Jan 9 - Austin
Jan 11 - Tuscon
Jan 12 - LA
Jan 13 - SF
Jan 14 - Sacramento
Jan 17 - Eugene
Jan 18 - Portland
Jan 19 - Seattle (2 shows, 7pm and 9:45pm)

i am particularly excited about the SF show as we are at the Castro Theatre where I've been going to see movies my whole life. in fact i've only seen movies there, never any kind of stage show, tho it makes sense since we have a projector element in our show now

anyway come check it out!

Double posting to say last nights show was great