Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I've got my ticket to the Austin show, and I can't wait. I won't be dressing up, but I'll be wearing my Glow Cloud shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Wow, tonight's show was great! I'm really glad I got the chance to see a live show. (If anyone saw a big goony guy in a Glow Cloud shirt with an Eternal Scout button and a :iamafag: pin, that was me.)

Are you doing the same show in Europe? I kinda hope not, because I want the recording sooner rather than later. Thanks for a great time, from my friends and I.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 18, 2014

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Kor posted:

They already had breakdowns at the very idea that Carlos and Cecil might not last forever. You can see some of that here. I'm still not entirely sure what started it (those tweets seem to be in reply to something somebody said, perhaps something about Carlos potentially dying?) But yeah, Tumblr goes rabid at the thought that Cecil and Carlos might not be a perfect, unbreakable couple.

Holy loving poo poo I hate "fandom". I'm gay, I love seeing the relationship between Cecil and Carlos in such popular media, and I hope they work out in the long term. But they're not my characters! I don't decide what happens to them. As long as the writing remains good, that's what matters.

I hope all the Tumblr people meet with a smiling god.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Now I'm hoping we'll see Kevin again. Thanks.

Also, now I want 301 custom-made pencils that say "I WON A THING."

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

AstroZamboni posted:

What do you want to bet that'll be the next thing to show up in the merch store?

I'd buy it. But I just bought the "A Memory of Europe" postcards, so...

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

So, um, has anyone figured out the Morse code on the cover of the novel? At least that's what it looks like to me. But I'm not familiar enough with the code to read it.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Guys, we've already been over this.

maxnmona posted:

Cecil is a lion. This is canon.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I listened to most of the novel on a trip last week and finished it last night. That was really wonderful, and hearing it read by Narrator Cecil Baldwin (as distinct from Voice of Night Vale Cecil Palmer) was quite enjoyable. Though it was disturbing to hear my own first name over and over again.

Then I listened to Epilogue again, and it was even better the second time around, after the novel. It worked really well both ways.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I love this first episode of Alice Isn't Dead. Can't wait to see where it goes.

thistle

vortmax fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 8, 2016

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

The weather this week was particularly good given what happened Sunday. I doubt it was intentional, but I appreciated it.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

The last episode of Alice Isn't Dead comes out Monday, right? Because I'm hoping to listen to the whole season while driving to Dallas for the live show.

Also, these relaxation tapes aren't really helping my anxiety. I think there might be something wrong with them.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Jurgan posted:

It's only the end of part one. They've already guaranteed another part (season?).

Oh yeah, I meant the last episode of season one.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

The live show in Dallas was amazing, as expected. And I wasn't crying at the end you were.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Met posted:

I like Welcome to Night Vale. I really like Alice Isn't Dead. I'm listening to Within The Wires and I don't get it at all.

There's definitely a story developing here, with the visualization exercises telling you how to escape, but I'm not sure where it's going. And I'm okay with that.

I just listen, remember, and comprehend.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 31, 2016

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

The Message is good, and extremely short. A team works on interpreting an alien signal.

Limetown is great, and you should listen right now if you haven't. It's about the disappearance of everyone from the town just over a decade ago. (I don't know if we'll ever get more, but it stands well on its single season.)

I liked Sayer, and that's a completed series. It's sort of like if GLaDOS ran a space station, but not so homicidal.

For general horror stuff, I like Knifepoint Horror. The No Sleep Podcast and Chilling Tales are very hit-or-miss, but worth checking out.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 21, 2016

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I love the first season finale of WtW. I really hope she was listening too.
And I'm so worried our narrator got caught cleaning up. That would make her interesting to The Institute.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I'm not really into Orbiting Human Circus either, and I think it's that I don't like the janitor for some reason. I do love the Orchestrel (Orkestrel?) idea though.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I'm so mad at you guys right now. But time heals all wounds. Too bad time doesn't work right.

PS I'm so excited about the new season of Alice!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

What the gently caress? This is actually unsettling.
I don't think I've been this worried about Night Vale since the Strex takeover.

No, not worried. Concerned.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

So, uh... :stare:

:stonklol:

I'm sure everything will be fine?

(Alice Isn't Dead continues to be fantastic.)

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you're calling the show in Tennessee Germantown instead of Memphis? I didn't think there were shows near me until someone either here or in the show intro mentioned that it's basically Memphis. And now I'll see you next Tuesday!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

As if seeing you guys live isn't cool enough, a guy here in Memphis gave me an extra ticket for the orchestra pit. (I already had a ticket, just not so good.) I'm ridiculously excited about this.
You can't miss me, I'm the guy with purple hair.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I'm not entirely hooked on It Makes A Sound yet, but I'm interested to see where it goes.

PS if you actually need a working tape player (I assume that's just part of the story and you don't need one), I'm still using a stereo with dual tape decks, which worked last time I tried it (years ago). I can even copy the tape with it!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

So I guess they made it out of The Institute together after all! I think I'm going to have to listen to WtW from the beginning before I start season three. Will we ever get the full picture of the Reckoning and the Society?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Kazy posted:

Yes.

It's been laid out in a bit of detail already. I just finished relistening to the series.

The Reckoning was an all-out nuclear war that occurred sometime in the 1920s. All but about 200 million people died, and a lot of old art was destroyed (such as Starry Nighy). The Society was founded to find a way to keep this from happening again. They found that nationalism and family were the root cause of violence.

I got that, it's basically a parallel universe where WWI resulted in a nuclear exchange and The Society evolved as a result. But I'm wondering if we'll learn more about what led up to the event and the formation of The Society, and how it differs from our history in more detail.

I should add that I'm fine if we never learn the answers to these questions. I still love this series.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Oh my, after the weather I just knew where it was going. And I was right. :cry:

He'll be back, right? The timeline will be repaired and they'll all be restored, right?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I trust that things will work out (for varying definitions of "work out") because they always have in the past. Even if we lose people.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I absolutely love when y'all get James Urbaniak involved in an episode.

Also the music for this episode, especially the track at the end, reminded me of the Silent Hill soundtracks (particularly 2 and 3). This is a good thing.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Y'all that was so good. I knew you wouldn't let us down. I'm not crying you're crying.

PS Sister Act does hold up after all this time

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Jurgan posted:

I tried with DreamBoy, but the vivid description of a veiny uncircumcised cock in episode two was too much for me. Sorry, just not to my taste.

See that's exactly my taste and I don't think I even made it far enough to hear that. I didn't really like It Makes A Sound either.

But I absolutely loved Adventures In New America and I'm glad there's another season coming!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

The author of John Dies at the End was a writer for Cracked, not a goon afaik (even though I love the book and the sequel). But at least three people who started WtNV are goons

vortmax fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 22, 2021

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Earwicker posted:

three? who else besides maxnmona and me? i dont think jeffrey or cecil have ever been on this site

I honestly thought Jeffrey was a goon :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Oh, to see you and Meow Wolf together would be a unique experience
Come to Memphis