Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Shuffling this in with CONELRAD on my playlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gau posted:

This is really up my alley. I listed to the first three episodes; I'm going to download the rest. It's perfect for the early-morning bus rides to university.

As a slight criticism, it might be worthwhile to leave a little more to the listener's imagination, at times. There are a few moments where I wish you'd segued into something else and instead you went on to describe the phenomenon or occurrence in more detail. Like I said, it's a tiny thing, and I really, really enjoy this show.

You mean like the shape in Grove Park?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Apr 5, 2013

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

showbiz_liz posted:

Just finished episode 3 or 4 and I'm digging it so far.

Is there ever any explanation for how this community survives, given the constant mass death?

Anchors posted:

Forced spawning/mating/budding.

Xemloth posted:

Constant mass life.

All plausible, but I think 'A Story About You' has the answer to the majority of Night Vale's population.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

numerrik posted:

As a Texan, I always thought it was out in the middle of no where in Nevada, near where they tested the nukes back in the day.

Same here, I imagine something like Blythe.
Night Vale is great while playing Fallout New Vegas, sometimes I can almost see it on the horizon.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 24, 2013

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

OWLS! posted:

You only specifically mentioned not replacing with EXACT body doubles. Are you going to replace everybody with imperfect copies? :tinfoil:

Are you saying they would settle with anything but perfect highest quality doubles for their fans?

Steve Carlsberg account spotted. :colbert:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
At one in A Story About You point I think he calls 'you' an idiot. :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
:toot:

And of course, Welcome to Desert Bluffs didn't make it in the top ten, they can't do anything right.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I pictured Carlos along the lines of Charlie Day.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Desert Bluffs and their hideous podcast lose again!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Obviously.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

maxnmona posted:

Oh, and I guess the word is out now, so I can say here that the guest star from later this summer will be Jasika Nicole, aka Astrid from Fringe.

:stare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhOG3XwX9Yw

:stare:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Yo, imma blob posted:

Just finished this last night, found the thread today and started listening to it over again from the start just now. I really love Cecil's unbridled scorn for Desert Bluffs, and the Mayor is loving awesome. :allears:

Desert Bluffs deserves every bit of it, them and their hideous sports arena.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Neat!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Feriowind posted:

:haw: Well I drew this a couple days ago too, of Cecil and Kevin's meeting.

Any chance you can do one of Vanessa and her double making a new shelving unit?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hope you like ice cream shaped styrofoam.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Pirate Cecil in a Halloween themed episode! I wonder if and how they celebrate Halloween in Night Vale.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

maxnmona posted:

I work with Cecil, I don't own him, and I don't "allow" him to do anything.

Well there goes my fanfic. Thanks a lot.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh thank the BROWN stone SPIRE this thread still exists!

Another great episode, you guys are awesome. :allears:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

maxnmona posted:

I can honestly say it's the most exciting news of my entire life so far, and I can't talk about it at all until Sunday.

You're pregnant?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Earwicker posted:

this may shock some of you but there are actually people who are into the show that don't really identify with any particular internet site.

Heresy!

And oh boy, this last episode hit me where I live, lost my own cat not too long ago. Can't wait for Cecil to go First Blood on Strexcorp.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So in this new episode, tumblr is canon?

:suicide:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Maxnmona, I was having a rough time on the night shift (like every night :qq:) and WTNV is some good news in my dreary world! At last, a reason not to kill myself!

Also, my coworker overheard the recipe for pulled pork in one ep and didn't feel like eating on our lunch break. :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ZorajitZorajit posted:

When I first discovered WTNV in 2013, I was working a swing shift in a locked room by myself in a literal closet. My most significant romantic relationship ever has just ended and I was not in a good place. It helped a lot.

:glomp:

Also, we were gonna make pork chops in sauce with potatoes that night. :chef::mrapig:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

It is.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

maxnmona posted:

Cecil is a lion. This is canon.

Or is it?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Night Vale is leaking :allears:

http://www.theonion.com/article/federal-government-adds-600000-acres-national-forb-51446

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jurgan posted:

There was something deeply unsettling about The Distant Prince. The obvious ending for the episode was to kill off a few interns, but that didn't happen. As far as we know, no one died or was even in physical danger, yet most of them were terrified to enter. That plus Cecil's closing speech made me think people were somehow changed at the level of their minds or souls. The last time we saw that happen was with The Smiling God. I wonder if they're building up a Lovecraftian pantheon.

You changed in mind, body and soul after posting this.

You changed again after reading this reply.

You will change yet another time when you scroll past it to read the next replies in the thread.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh gosh.

https://twitter.com/CecilBaldwinIII/status/661253132077273088

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Attempted sniper under flight path delayed Cecil's flight out of San Diego. :ohdear:

also, lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Good thing though, otherwise you'd owe Lowtax big in Goon Back Taxes.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jurgan posted:

The new episode was great. I especially loved the bit about immigrants from rival city Desert Bluffs being tagged with garish orange hats. It seems like there was some subtle social commentary there, if I could only put my finger on it...

Didn't think I'd be hearing Pro-Trump propaganda from Joseph Fink and crew but here we are.

:v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Earwicker, I hear your music in my dreams and I know when I die I will be okay cause I will be listening to it forever.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
About Alice Isn't Dead,

So is the Thistle Man Patriarchy? And is the town of Charlatan patriarchy also?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Alice is Slender Man.

:goxx:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Thistle man is the hero, actually.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anaconda Opportunity

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anyone else had Palestine from this eps weather stuck in their heads?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And it's THE DARK PLANET OF AWESOME SIZE, LIT BY NO SUN, AN INVISIBLE TITAN, ALL THICK BLACK FORESTS AND JAGGED MOUNTAINS AND DEEP, TURBULENT OCEANS.*musical sting*

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The new Alice isn't Dead was pretty good too.

The other town :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Benny the Snake posted:

Alice is a Thistle-person, I'm calling it right loving now.

Mokinokaro posted:

That's a bit too predictable for this series.

She is a Fern-person ???