Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
One thing that comes across in a lot of fanart of Cecil is that he looks absolutely exhausted, with dark bags under his eyes. I think it really fits the way he sounds.

The last episode (25) was particularly fantastic, by the way. Really touching. I hope this doesn't portend to Terrible Things happening to Carlos and his beautiful, perfect hair... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Perky, sure, but with some underlying weariness. Like my dad on a long drive trying to keep the mood cheerful, but if he runs into traffic then the veneer slips (that is, when Cecil starts laying into Steve or the Apache Tracker). Cheerfulness as a coping mechanism, perhaps, since so many horrible things happen in Night Vale - not to mention Cecil's own run-ins with re-education.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Massive congratulations on the number one spot! The latest episode had me (and I'm sure plenty of other listeners) grinning from ear to ear with how adorable it was. I'm so happy for the two of them! Which is weird considering the everpresent horror-terrors that surround them. I also love the idea that Carlos would start a phone call with "I'm calling for personal reasons."

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Finally caught up with the last couple of months. The tenth anniversary episode had me very emotional. I can't believe I've been listening since the very start, since I saw that thread in GBS and thought "Huh, sounds neat". It took me a while but once I got it, I got it. Now I've been to four live shows, shaken hands with most of the cast, and listened faithfully for an entire turbulent decade. Dang. Got me feeling a kind of way.