Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm currently listening to the latest episode, I'm really enjoying the weather, definitely going to check out this artist.

I guess it might be too soon to tell, and I hardly expect any official answer on this, but I was curious as to whether there will be an overarching plot of any sort told via the radio broadcasts, or if the show will stick to a distinct episodic format.

e: While I'm posting here, I take it the opening/closing theme is by Disparition, if so could I get the title?

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Len posted:

I downloaded this when the thread first was posted and just got around to listening to it. It was great but now I'm sad that I have to wait for updates. Is there anything similar in tone to this show?

Seconding this request. Twice a month is not enough.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

This was a great episode and all but... I'm a scorpio :ohdear:
Loved that bit where the announcer started abusing that guy who complained about the bridge.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

This was a great episode, but ugh. Those desert bluffs guys are just the worst!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I loved how in the most recent episode Cecil's impression of Old Woman Josie seemed to be a gruff, burly voice.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

De Nomolos posted:

Just listened to the Pilot. Now listening to the latest one. Would other listeners recommend listening to them chronologically?

Definitely.
Also you might be disappointed if you listen to 25 immediately after 1, since it contains a lot of 1 year anniversary callbacks.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Can I ask how far ahead you guys try to stay of released episodes, and also roughly how long an average episode takes to fully produce?

Also fantastic to hear about your surge in popularity.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

John Peterson, you know, the agriculturalist?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I imagine licensing issues make it unfeasible, but I'd love to see a "Best of The Weather" album in the store someday.

P.S. While I'm still the most recent poster, I have a question. I signed up for Tumblr recently, and I thought I'd check out the Night Vale tag, but I don't understand why all these pictures of Cecil have three eyes. Is there some throwaway reference I missed that the internet has latched onto?

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 8, 2013

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I think Station Management (episode 3 I think) provides a nice insight into Nightvale Community Radio and the world it resides in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Likewise, really enjoyed the Perth show. Great work.

It's the first live podcast show I've heard of making its way here, here's hoping it sets a precedent.

I spent the day before trying to catch up on my backlog, since I fell off the wagon a while ago. I'm still about 10 episodes behind, so I'm glad the show didn't contain any major status quo changes e.g. another new mayor or whatever.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 12, 2016