Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You know I've never actually looked at Tumblr all that deeply, and I will tell you now - Tumblr people are insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I lost it at the Espanol dobles bit.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

TheJoker138 posted:

The implication that Cecil is not a human seems to be going over their heads.

Clearly the point is that Cecil is not male.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Many headcanons have been shattered by this news

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lovable radio personality Cecil Gershwin Palmer (briefly) ended up on the newest episode of Gravity Falls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEPx6cnsArw

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Odds on Trump having a coffee table made of human bones: pretty good.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I missed it if it was posted, but the Night Vale crew is on Late Show with Colbert tonight - and so is Oprah. You're in the big leagues now boys!

https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That is really cool - I've seen that person posting those before, I want to say on Tumblr. It's been a good year or so - nice to see they've decided to make it official.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Just saw on Facebook that there are plans for a sort of spinoff podcast called Alice Isn't Dead starring Jasika Nicole (Intern/Mayor Dana) as part of a Night Vale Presents podcasting platform. Looking forward to it!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Alas, it's a leap year, the most treacherous of years.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It's very different but still has that Fink voice to it.

Also I am convinced the tiered hierarchy of angels is similar to the social structure of bees.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

MariusLecter posted:

Anyone else had Palestine from this eps weather stuck in their heads?

I kept humming it at work today. :)

Also I just downloaded The Investigators from bandcamp, looking forward to 2 hours of Nightvale stuff.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
What about t̥̄̆ḫ̤̣̰̯̀e̪͉̣̊ͥ͛ͫ ͔ͨ̾͌̂ͤẇo̍m͍̠̩͍̟͕ͤ̐̆ͫ̔͆̚a̦̹͍ͧ̆ͤ͌͂͗̈́n̦̪͖͇̰̝͉͂̓ͩͫ ̙͈̼͚̭͇̆̇ͅf̪̪͎̙̩̟̦ŕ̰̗̺̪͙̲̀ͦ̉̉oͫ͐ͯ̚m͚͍̬̗̅̽ ͕̖̲̱ͥ͒ͫ̈̿̿ͅI͔̳͇̗͙t̺̔ͨ̉͆̓a̟̼̬̮̥͎ͩl̯̦͙̲̣̦̎y̦̎ͥ

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Mokinokaro posted:

Honestly I love him on Night Vale despite being mixed on him overall (there's stuff he's good in, and stuff where he does nothing but annoy.)

If I didn't know Earl Harlan was Wil Wheaton (and I wouldn't except for the credits) I wouldn't care, so I don't. That said Wil Wheaton is an awful person who threw the Fark/Worth1K/SA photoshop contest and so I will hate him and his stupid face forever. :argh:

I don't mind the whole 'spooky NPR' genre - Limetown was great, even if it's unlikely another season is going to come out any time soon (I consider it basically a fait accompli at this point) - though Tanis and the Black Tapes kind of lost me in their respective second seasons, and the whole PNWS "OMINOUS THUD NOISE PLAYS" trope is just... ugh.

Really enjoyed the newest WTNV episode, especially the word from our sponsor.

e: "A podcast? You mean people still listen to the radio?" is a phrase that take up nearly 20% of The Black Tapes.

angerbot fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 15, 2016

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I like TOHC(OTA ) so far, but I feel like it'll take a few episodes to really gel for me.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah but Erica (one of them) usually carries the ball down the lane for her.

"roll roll roll"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Congrats on 100 episodes guys!

Was very happy to hear from Computer again, I went back and listened to A Beautiful Dream after this newest episode.

There will be fewer ice cream flavors, but they will be better.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't know if there's a separate thread for OHC but I just wanted to say that it sounds like whoever foes the foley work for it is having a blast. :)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Why aren't you guys in my city right this second?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I forget the title of the track but there's one Disparition tune that used to be in EVE Online so every time I hear it in the show it reminds me of floating around deadspace complexes.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Earwicker posted:

wait what? I've never played that game but either you are mistaken about the song or they are using it without permission. what song is it?

I can never remember the title but it's the slow "bloo booo weee ooo" one that gets used for "we are having a moment of thought and pondering the universe" moments.

fake edit: Atalanta Fugiens, I'm certain EVE had it as background music at one point

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah I have to say I simply loved that Weather, I know it's one I'll listen to a lot and it fit the theme of the episode so well. I'm moving and so everything is a goddamn nightmare because that is how moving works, so it's nice to have a background distraction.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh, Steve. Oh, Carlos.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
One of the things about AiD is that the main character usually isn't afraid, even when she most likely should be. I'd say the creepiest from the first season is Episode 2 as far as I'm concerned,

I haven't gotten into the second season yet, I was used to walking around for podcasts but I moved and I don't have to walk as much anymore.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I really enjoyed the latest 3 parter :)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
These three parters have me eager about the show again, I refreshed my podcast app thinking "surely it's been two weeks" earlier but it was ONLY ONE WEEK I demand an explanation about why the linear nature of time is oppressing me

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I felt terrible for Lee Marvin, he seemed so down, and on his birthday of all days.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Loved this latest episode, and it always catches me off guard when Leonard starts an episode

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I couldn't finish It Makes A Sound but that was because of personal history, it hit too many of the right places. I couldn't finish it because it was good, essentially.

e: I am very close to finishing DreamBoy though, I think I'm halfway through the final episode. I like it, as a gay man, but there are like two people I could recommend it to and one openly hanky flags.

angerbot fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 13, 2019

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Jurgan posted:

I tried with DreamBoy, but the vivid description of a veiny uncircumcised cock in episode two was too much for me. Sorry, just not to my taste.

Yeah it kind of feels unnecessary, and there's also an S&M vibe that I don't really care for but the story wound up being very good. Anyway I don't think I'll ever recommend it to anyone IRL but I enjoyed it, even if I mostly listened to it walking home from work and kept checking to make sure my headphones were in and my phone wasn't blaring gay sex down the street.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I finished Dreamboy and it was beautiful and a mixture of emotions, not all of them good. With a lot of cock mixed in, not that I'm averse to it but whoof that's a hard sell. Many props to the sound editors and songwriters who may in fact be John Cameron Mitchell? The last song came at me like a fire truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Was re-listening to some back episodes on my walk home from work, and I have to say, I think If He Had Lived might be my favourite episode. It's poignant while appropriately bizarre, and the word from our sponsors is strangely beautiful and comforting.