Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I had heard of Night Vale a while ago but never listened, but I ran out of podcasts and gave it a try. I binged my way through the whole thing over the past couple of months. It made sitting in traffic in a car with no A/C every day much less miserable. I'm twenty something episodes into Good Morning Night Vale now and it's absolutely hilarious; those three have amazing chemistry working together. I also had no idea until one of the guys (I forget if it was Jeffrey or Joseph) mentioned Something Awful that goons were involved or that Earwicker is Disparition.

I'm really looking forward to seeing A Spy In The Desert next week in New Haven with my brother and a couple of friends, if you see a group of men who are not short, that's us.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Did Cecil get a new mic somewhere in the six months to a year ago range?
Oh good, I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I was just browsing the earlier parts of this thread and one of the things that came up was a discussion of location. I know it's a desert town, somewhere in the southwest, not in Texas, which leaves one place where, in 1983, the US had abandoned missile silos (thanks to an air base closure) that fits the description: Roswell

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The writing and Cecil's performance in this episode are both amazing. It reminds me half of the creepy recordings that BBC(?) made about what it's like to be schizophrenic and half of a kind I knew in high school who got expelled for taking half a sheet of acid and chasing it with a bottle of Robotussin, and later celebrated his 18th birthday by having a probate judge deny his petition to legally change his last name to "Drugs."

SalTheBard posted:

My Wife wants to get back into Night Vale, but hasn't really listened since Hiram McDaniels was elected Mayor of Night Vale. Which episode is a good jumping in point for her?
It's really hard to pick out a place to pick up, but if she's OK with skipping big parts of the story arc, the Trial of the Century are the rest of the Hiram story; Strangers episodes are another story arc; Toast is essential; and A Story about Huntokar is probably my favorite episode, but listening to the 8 episodes before that really build the story. Any of the 3 part stories stand well on their own. All 3 episodes of The Birthday of Lee Marvin are also some of my favorites.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm consistently sad to go to artist pages from the weather and find that they're no longer around.

On a happier note, I am as assless as a pair of chaps because I literally laughed my rear end off at Bloody Laws, Bloody claws. Please expect to be served with legal papers demanding compensation for this loss in the amount or 85 cents, payable in 1933 silver certificates.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm a bit behind and catching up on the last few months, but I think The Delivery Man is going to be my new go-to standalone episode to play for people to introduce them to Night Vale.