Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VotGs
Dec 15, 2003

Don't mind me.

Amberlyn posted:

Wow! It just amazes me how mobile he is with only three legs! Watching him, I kept forgetting that he was a leg short he as so active!

Me, too! I sent the video to my husband--he didn't even notice the Bingster was short a leg until I pointed it out to him.

Such an awesome catte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anima
Apr 27, 2007
1. The unconscious or true inner self of an individual, as opposed to the persona, or outer aspect of the personality.
I love how when the laser turns off he looks so suspiciously at everything oh man. When it turned off it looked like he was clutching his nip from the bird. I am cracking up so badly. I want to get a laserbird but my cat is kind of a dummy and doesn't understand lasers.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Amberlyn and VotGs - I think he's amazing considering he lost the leg just a month and a half ago. But then I may be a little biased. ;) He really has no fear of jumping or running like mad. If fact last night, he and Archie were doing sprints around the house. Mostly up and down the stairs.... loudly. I wonder what my neighbor (we share a common wall) thinks is going on when they go crazy like that. Sounds like a herd of cattle stampeding to me.

anima - When I turn off the bird, he usually ends up wrestling with it. I'll try to get video or pics of that.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

JimmydaFish posted:

Amberlyn and VotGs - I think he's amazing considering he lost the leg just a month and a half ago. But then I may be a little biased. ;)

Wow! He's amazing under any circumstances, but ESPECIALLY because of this! I don't think you're biased at all. That really blows me away! You have every right to be proud of the little guy. :3:

Ambystoma
Oct 22, 2008

At least I looked like a popular idiot.
Such an elegant face! He's lovely :3:

Mighty Amoeba
Jul 10, 2006

I am the mightiest of them all!
Your cat is so loving badass.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah he is.
Here he is trying to kill/make out with the laser bird. Don't worry the toy is turned off.

And now for a photodump........

Good pic of him, horrible pic of me.

Some "catification" I did for him and Archie. The first one was mainly to save my blankets from having a million threads being pulled. When Bingley would jump on the bed, he digs in with the claws and rips the blanket. So made it easier for him to get up there.

Steps to the high window. Thank you Ikea Lack shelves.

And some of Archie because I haven't been taking as many pics of him.

little pink and grey toesies

edited for pic size

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 14, 2014

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Things Bingley has learned this week: jumping on the bathroom counter and playing in the sink is fun, the spray bottle .means I'm serious, and cat noises on the TV are scary. The thing Bingley has NOT learned this week? To make sure the toilet lid is closed before jumping on it. There have been some very close calls.

pandariot
Feb 19, 2012

I'm so glad you keep updating this thread! I was seriously disappointed there weren't any new pictures though :colbert:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I'll get some more pics up soon but had to share this from last night. Both cats were on my lap at the same time! :3: :3: :3:

(Sorry all I could grab was my cell phone.)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Bingley loooooves the steps I put up for him.

more coming soon....

straylightunity
Dec 20, 2005

Scapegrace.
He's so sleek! What a handsome kitty.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

He is very shiny. And talkative. And underfoot. And well, he's a young rear end in a top hat kitty but I love him anyway.

We're 2 months from his surgery and his fur is almost completely grown back. Not quite full thickness yet but at least the stump is all covered now.

Archie and Bingley watching the birds together. They may chase each other like mad idiots but these little moments make me realize they are okay with each other.

Random stuff

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

He's such a handsome boy. :3: I love short-haired black kitties, they're just so... iconic.

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
If they chase each other like mad idiots without squalling like the apocalypse is nigh, then they are truly buddies! My pair wouldn't know what to do if they weren't pretending to rip each other's throats out.

So cute together! Love the cat steps.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Thankfully it is just chasing and boxing but always with ears up and playful attitudes. I still can't believe how lucky I got with these two. I was expecting a long introduction instead of just a couple of days. It's fun watching them since Gus was never (even when he was healthy) the most playful of kitties. Archie has become more kitten-like in the past 2 months. Not too bad for a 14 year old.

Anyway, a few more pictures before the weekend.

Where's the toy?

Again with the bird......

Cat or seal?

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Well he did it. Fell completely into the toilet this morning.
So he got 2 baths and I was late to work. For such a smart cat, he sure can be dumb sometimes.
:argh:

Too busy cleaning him up to take pictures.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

That's kind of a funny mental image for all of following the thread, though, so thanks!

And I just wanted to mention that I really have been following Bingley's adventures, and have rudely neglected telling you how awesome and adorable he is. Archie is p. cool too :3: But I love three-legged cats for some reason, maybe because it's so cool how functional they are.

I mean, I have a four-legged cat who is *incredibly* clumsy. Bingley's undoubtedly more agile and graceful than she is any day. He's also a VERY handsome and cool-lookin' boy. So erm yeah, keep postin' pics please :keke:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

10,000 views? :toot: Wow, I'm impressed. Thanks goons!

And I better get to taking more pics and videos to keep you all satisfied. Bing's been a little quieter this week since his adventure in the toilet bowl, I think he's embarassed. :blush: But with the long weekend, I'm going to have plenty of opportunities to catch him doing.... something....we'll see what happens.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Could I request a video showing him just walking around? I'm interested to see how he manages the usual moving around, what with the missing leg. :)

(When I saw the pics my initial reaction was 'aww, poor cat :(' and then instantly 'that is so cool! :haw:')

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Hempuli this is for you. He was not super cooperative but you'll get the idea. It's pretty much a step with the front legs and a hop with the back leg. And yes, he meows like that ALL DAY LONG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCvTc67al3w

Then Archie wanted to get in on the action. His meow is so sweet in comparison to Bingley. (sorry about the TV in the background)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE6C3ws7Dls

I hoped to get more videos but it was hot and humid this weekend and none of us felt liking moving much.

Picture time!
Not sure what he was trying to do to the bird here

Laser activated (he gets the bluest laser eyes i've ever seen)

Lopsided kitty

Moth in the window. It was the night's entertainment for him.

Glamour shots. He's got such a lovely kitty profile.

Tuckered out after destroying a toy.

Archie - sunbathing and contemplating life

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 10, 2012

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

So I think he's trying to kill me. He is ALWAYS in my feet especially on the stairs. :argh: I keep telling him if I die, nobody is going to be here to feed him. But he doesn't seem to get it. (yeah, i know, they'll just eat me....)

Anybody have any tips on getting him to stop being such a trip hazard?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

This is probably going to sound quite harsh, but nothing convinced my cat to stop trying to walk under my feet on the stairs until I stopped trying to politely dance round her and she copped a couple of (not particularly hard) whacks.

(She sulked for 30 seconds, then came back trying to screw food out of me, and she keeps out of the way on the stairs now.)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah I've kicked him (not hard but enough) several times but his cat brain doesn't get it. And since he falls over so easily due to the lack of balance, I feel guilty. I know he is super resilient but I can't help it. I've started leaving a squirt bottle at the top and bottom of the stairs to head him off. I just have to pick it up and shake it and he runs the opposite direction. Seems to be working for now.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

It's been getting colder at night. He's discovered how nice a blanket nest can be.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

So yesterday the cats ignored me completely because.......CHIPMUNKS!!!!!! There were at 3 adults and 1 baby that I saw. Archie did eventually get bored but Bingley was glued to the window all day.
Anyhoo, pics ahead -

Look at them, sitting all nice next to each other. Nothing like a little common distraction.

Also most of the time Groupon just has a bunch a deals I don't care about but a few weeks ago they had Frolicats on sale. I had been wanting to get one for a while but couldn't justify the cost. But at half price? Sold! Needless to say, the Bingster loves it. It's even better than the pink bird toy.

Hard to get a good picture of him while he's playing since he's moving so fast.

And finally, Archie on a pillow pile. Looking quite the distinguished gentleman.

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 24, 2012

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Ooh I've been thinking of getting one of those 360 degree frolicats to replace our older one! How is it?

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

It's great! A little loud but not horribly so. I like that it has 4 different speed options. I usually use the random speed since it isn't as predictable in the pattern (changes direction,stops, starts, fast, slow but always a circle). It also has 4 timer settings; 5, 10, 15 and 20 minutes. I will turn it on with the longest timer when I need to get something done without a little cat needing my attention. I put it away between play sessions to keep it as something exciting and special. The only small complaint is the connection in the middle (narrowest part of the toy) is not super strong. If Bingley gets over enthusiatic and tackles the Frolicat, it has come apart. Not a huge deal but annoying.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Sometimes I wonder how long Bingley was actually a stray. He is so friendly with everybody that makes me think he does have good experience with people, maybe he was even someone's pet. But he is so food oriented that it makes my head spin sometimes. When I feed him and Archie wet food if Archie doesn't finish right away, Bingley is right there. If Archie doesn't want the wet food when I give it to them (finicky bastard), I have to put the bowl up where Bingley can't get to it otherwise forget it he'll eat all of it. When I'm cooking, he is always in my feet. For a while he would get out of the way but not anymore. I have to threaten him with the spray bottle to get him out of the kitchen. (It's open plan so there is no way to lock him out.) And when I'm eating, especially if I'm on the couch, he is right there. Almost nose to nose with me. Doesn't matter what I'm eating, he wants it. Last night I dropped a tortilla chip and he was on it before I could pick it up. And it took him a solid 5 minutes but he ate the whole chip. It's not that he's starving since there is always dry food available, it's just he can't pass up an opportunity for more. Thank god he plays so much so his weight isn't an issue. I've never had a cat that is soooo food oriented so this is all new to me. Archie and Gus were always happy to get their dry and wet food daily and the occasional treats.
Oh well, different strokes.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
Wow, he's a really active cat for only having the three legs. Does he jump up on counters or just stay underfoot?

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

He can jump on counter tops. He's smart enough to not do it in front of me. He does prefer if he has a chair or other shorter platform to jump to first. He's mostly underfoot in the kitchen. Meowing, twisting around my feet, lying down behind me so I trip...... that's when the spray bottle comes out. Thankfully I just have to brandish it at him and he runs off. I don't actually have to squirt him (anymore).

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

My cat Jackie is really similar with food, at least with regard to whatever I'm eating. She also always has her own food available generally speaking, but sometimes she just REALLY wants whatever I'm having, especially if it has any kind of noticeable smell. And usually she doesn't even want to actually eat it - she just wants to slowly sniff it and taste it and try out its edibility, and then she's satisfied, generally speaking. There are certain things she desperately likes. Like cupcakes or muffins or other tasty baked goods, for some reason she LOVES those. And I always thought cats weren't supposed to like sweet things OR grain/bread-oriented foods! Paradoxically, she shows no interest in milk of any sort when I drink it, although she loves drinking from my water glass when she can manage it.

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
I've had several cats who were obsessed with sweets and baked goods and breads. My little girl right now will almost murder me for the crusty edges of pop tarts. :rolleyes:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

^^^Oooo, pop tarts.

I've been making a lot of zucchini bread lately. He loves it. But he isn't exactly discriminating, he wants to investigate everything. A little sniff, a little taste if the sniff was promising, if the taste was good....well then he is determined to get the whole thing. He might actually get me to eat more at my dining table rather than the couch.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Oh my god! They're sleeping next to each other!!!

Better/more pics tomorrow. Cell phone was the closer camera and I didn't want to miss it.

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 14, 2014

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This made me sooo happy. I want kitty piles! :3: :3: :3:

Better pics!

Then Bingley tried to lick Archie and this happened.

That was just too much for the Archie-boy.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
You have to draw the line somewhere. Can't have youngsters licking you!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Life has been fairly routine around here so there hasn't been much to report until yesterday morning. Bingley created a new game, the monster under the rug. The two of them played like this for almost an hour. Bingley was under the rug for most of the time with only occasional forays "above ground" to pounce on Archie. I took a video of some of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4WxQVgLllw

Here are some pics of the rug carnage.

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 22, 2012

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

So it seems the playing under the rug is the new game. This is what I came home to last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

You know what you must do.

cover the whole floor in rugs.

• Locked thread