Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Soulgrinders got a huge buff with the new rules, being walkers and all and sense now you can just double your FOC whenever you want you can take like a lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Make an army consisting of nothing but killa kanz.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Make an army consisting of nothing but killa kanz.

You could run a legit Dreadmob with 1 Megadread, 2+ Dreads and 15 Kans.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Who knows maybe the Ork codex will help offset the less than ideal assault rules? (But I don't expect it to)

CyberLord XP posted:

Which would only require me to spend around $200 to get 6 more Kanz and the Megadread. No thanks.

(Though I genuinely appreciate the suggestion and attempt at a positive attitude).

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 23, 2014

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

CyberLord XP posted:

Plus one squad of mandatory scrubs aka Spanna Boyz.

The HQ Meka Dredd's Metal Monstaz Warlord Trait is pretty cool though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

No.

This thread can't go out like this.

++Help us, Legiones Vomartes++

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I know a guy with a new book, pastin stuff

• Ok, psychic phase appears to go like this: Roll a d6, add mastery of all your psykers. You get that many warp charge points. Each point gives you one dice to roll when casting a power, you need to roll how ever many 4+s match the warp charge value of the power to cast it
  • Your opponent can expend warp charge points to attempt to nullify the power (he gets charge points equal to mastery+ the d6 roll as well) and to dispel needs to roll at least as many successes as the opponent rolled, you get D6 warp charge points to try and dispel with, successes on 4+
  • Perils is if you get more than 1x 6 (unless you're a non daemon trying to summon daemons, or non grey knight trying to use sanctic) Non daemon trying to summon or non grey knight trying to do sanctic perils on any double
  • Grounded tests are one per phase, but a fail means a str 9 no save hit
  • Models that physically fit under a FMC that's swooping can move under it
  • Vehicle explosions are back to str4
  • Flyers that take an immobilised result crash and burn on a 1 or 2 (3+ it counts as crew stunned)

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Posting in this thread to confirm panascope is gay. He plied me with beer and tried to touch my butt.

Warhammer 40k: a game for *boys* from twelve years of age to one hundred and fifty and for that more intelligent sort of girl who likes expensive plastic space man games and books

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

ijyt posted:

e2: also the vomitmarines on the Awful app with .gif disabled makes scrolling take a good 2 minutes.

Yeah so I noticed.
t:mad:t

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

(except tyranids)

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
finalpost.gif

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
With the psychic stuff, do you have to deny the same amount as the opponent had success, or just deny enough to make it so he doesn't have enough successes left to meet the warp charge? For example, player A casts spell "TP for my bunghole" which has a warp charge of 3. He rolls 6 dice, gets 4 successes. Does player B need to also roll 4 successes to deny, or does he only need 2 successes, to cancel 2 of player A's and leaving him with only 2?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
PLAYING THE FIDDLE WHILE GW THE THREAD BURNS

t('_'t)

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
This is like in Consider Phlebas when the Idirans are coming except that instead of ending it by playing a dumb, disproportionately costly game, we're taking a break from our dumb, disproportionately costly game

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

NTRabbit posted:

Winson, it is time for you to perform your charge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Indolent Bastard posted:

Who knows maybe the Ork codex will help offset the less than ideal assault rules? (But I don't expect it to)

Which would only require me to spend around $200 to get 6 more Kanz and the Megadread. No thanks.

(Though I genuinely appreciate the suggestion and attempt at a positive attitude).

Convert the Kanz out of actual cans & some bitz like a proper Ork player.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
^^^Word son^^^

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm just saying sometimes you need to grab some plasticard and get stompy (don't do this it takes forever).

Zark the Damned posted:

Plus one squad of mandatory scrubs aka Spanna Boyz.

The HQ Meka Dredd's Metal Monstaz Warlord Trait is pretty cool though.

Dreads are troops, no scrubs required.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Hello I would like to introduce you to my new character from the Salamanders chapter that is entirely canon.

Phyresis posted:

don't you get it yet? we are all morons, this game is garbage, anyone that gives GW money is a massive idiot, myself included, i'm just the jester that was allowed to point out that the God-Emperor has no clothes

Your meltdown makes my chestpump feel sad. :ohdear: Leave Super Neat Toy alone. :cry:

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 23, 2014

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lungboy posted:

With the psychic stuff, do you have to deny the same amount as the opponent had success, or just deny enough to make it so he doesn't have enough successes left to meet the warp charge? For example, player A casts spell "TP for my bunghole" which has a warp charge of 3. He rolls 6 dice, gets 4 successes. Does player B need to also roll 4 successes to deny, or does he only need 2 successes, to cancel 2 of player A's and leaving him with only 2?

From what a goon earlier posted, it sounds like you have to match the same amount (4 for 4) to deny, even if you deny enough to put him under the warp charge number.

Which is dumb because you might as well just have kept the old way of doing it, so I hope it was an error in communication somewhere.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Wow. Is it time for this thread to die, or what? Winson, you've made a very strong case for the Inquisition. Without the threat of :commissar: this place turns into a Daemon World in record time!

"I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to oblivion."

That time is now.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
You need to match their successes. You're not bungling their cast, you're using your own force of will to match their power. The question I have is if you only have to select the dice you want to allocate to Deny after you see their roll results. I just want to watch my opponent roll two 6s on four dice and then smugly reserve all my dice for other things.

"Proceed, psyker." :unsmigghh:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The new thread is probably a better place to talk about serious 7th ed rule stuff as this thread is consigned to the fire and us with it.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Phyresis posted:

don't you get it yet? we are all morons, this game is garbage, anyone that gives GW money is a massive idiot, myself included, i'm just the jester that was allowed to point out that the God-Emperor has no clothes

Jokes on you, rear end in a top hat! The last time I bought a new mini from GW it was a Red Terror. My entire army has been eBay bought for many times below what GW charges.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
New thread is terrible. Unbound4life.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
unbound, unbent, unbroken

i feel like we are shitposting on the deck of the poo poo-tanic.

gentlemen, it has been a privilege posting with you this week.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

++IMPERIAL THOUGHT FOR THE DAY++

++AN EMPTY WALLET IS THE HERALD OF VICTORY++

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Winson, it is time for you to perform your charge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

CyberLord XP posted:

Dreads are troops, no scrubs required.

Spanna Boyz are 1+ in the Dread Mob list. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/Dred_Mob.pdf page 8.

I dig the converted Kanz though. Grotzookas 4eva.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Goin down with this ship.

e: jumping overboard and pulling the ship down.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gay

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
orks

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
same

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

cautiously optimistic

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

parabolic posted:

++IMPERIAL THOUGHT FOR THE DAY++

++AN EMPTY WALLET IS THE HERALD OF VICTORY++

++AN OPEN WALLET IS LIKE A FORTRESS WITH ITS GATES UNBARRED AND UNGUARDED++

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
MY GIFT TO YOU BROTHERS :vomarine:

edit: it's totally in the list now give it time

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 23, 2014

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
TO THE LAST MAN, AND THE LAST DOLLAR

MY CREDIT CARD SHALL NOT FALTER

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
When I saw the Dawn of War opening cinematic for the first time, I actually fistpumped so hard I sprained something in my back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

(the "goonsay" was strongly implied already)

scuba school sucks fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 23, 2014

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

can we keep this thread and rename it something along of the lines of "warhammer sucks" but like a better title so we can laugh at the tards still giving money to gw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Network Pesci posted:

When I saw the Dawn of War opening cinematic for the first time, I actually fistpumped so hard I sprained something in my back.

:goonsay:

• Locked thread