Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
While we're talking about Simple Green - if you're in the UK and near an Aldi, you can get their Dettol substitute (I've only tried the lavender version so far), it seems to be working pretty good at stripping paint off my 1992-era Space Marines with metal bodies and styrene arms. I'm a little worried about wearing off the fine details of the styrene bits (the feathers of the eagles on the bolter guns, etc.) so I started at 1:1 dilution with water but it seems to be okay so far. I think I'll use an old electric toothbrush head in the future, manually brushing the thick paint gets pretty tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
My tape measure turned up and I am pleasantly surprised at how sturdy it is. The retraction doesn't work very well when it's past about 30 inches but I can deal with that (okay suddenly it retracts fine). Gets out to about 50 inches before it collapses which is nice. It's totally stupid in the best way and I love it.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

So, I decided that I should start playing as a painting motivator, trying to make a Black Templars 500 point list. Noticed that there's not a lot of options, here's where I'm at now.

Castellan -79
Bolt pistol, power sword, frag and krak

Crusader squad - 175
5 initiates, bolt pistol w/fist, meltagun
Razor back

Crusader squad - 175
5 initiates, bolt pistol w/fist, meltagun
Razor back

Land speeder typhoon - 70

Incredibly low model count, vulnerable for the turn after jumping out of the transports before assaulting. Vehicles get blown up I'm hosed.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

A solid basic list would look something like this:

Thanks for this.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Let's say I have a unit of infantry with 2 ICs attached, and the ICs are right next to each other. Can I move the unit and leave the ICs behind, who then form a unit of two together?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Phyresis posted:

Let's say I have a unit of infantry with 2 ICs attached, and the ICs are right next to each other. Can I move the unit and leave the ICs behind, who then form a unit of two together?
I don't see why not. It specifically says you're allowed to form units made up just of characters by moving two IC's next to each other.

Fletchtar
May 6, 2003
I've read the Look Out, Sir! rule & I'm still not 100% on how that's implemented.

Let's say I have an Independent Character in a squad out in front of a squad during my enemy's shooting phase. Obviously, he takes wounds first given the new wound allocation rules. The LOS rule says a wound (or unsaved wound)can be allocated on another member of the unit within 6" on a successful roll, "& resolve the wound against them instead." Okay, so does that mean if it's an unsaved wound then the member of the squad you reallocated it to automatically takes one wound or do they get a second chance to pass their own armor/cover/whatever saves on it? The way I'm reading LOS, it seems like "resolving the wound against them instead" would mean yes, they'd get an armor/whatever save, but that seems WAY too good.

edit: oh, & I keep hearing people say that charging units with flame weapons is a bad idea due to overwatch, but don't the rules specifically state that template weapons can't be used for snapshots, & thus can't be used for overwatch?

Fletchtar fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 4, 2012

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

What the gently caress, GW. Tigurius can't take Divination? Are you kidding me? I was pretty sure he was supposed to be particularly prescient, so much so that it was a major advantage for him in battle.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Fletchtar posted:

I've read the Look Out, Sir! rule & I'm still not 100% on how that's implemented.

Let's say I have an Independent Character in a squad out in front of a squad during my enemy's shooting phase. Obviously, he takes wounds first given the new wound allocation rules. The LOS rule says a wound (or unsaved wound)can be allocated on another member of the unit within 6" on a successful roll, "& resolve the wound against them instead." Okay, so does that mean if it's an unsaved wound then the member of the squad you reallocated it to automatically takes one wound or do they get a second chance to pass their own armor/cover/whatever saves on it? The way I'm reading LOS, it seems like "resolving the wound against them instead" would mean yes, they'd get an armor/whatever save, but that seems WAY too good.

Basically what occurs is the attempt to hit and wound is made against the character. Once a wound has been acheived, the owning player may choose to either resolve the wound against the character or make a Look Out, Sir! check to place the wound on another model and resolve it against them instead. Any saves of any kind are made after the wound is allocated. "Unsaved wound" refers to wounds that either deny all saves or at least saves that the model in question might be able to make. Armor saves, invulnerable saves, or cover saves are only made after the wound is definitely placed on the model after you choose to roll for Look Out, Sir! and apply the results of that.

Fletchtar
May 6, 2003

PierreTheMime posted:

Basically what occurs is the attempt to hit and wound is made against the character. Once a wound has been acheived, the owning player may choose to either resolve the wound against the character or make a Look Out, Sir! check to place the wound on another model and resolve it against them instead. Any saves of any kind are made after the wound is allocated. "Unsaved wound" refers to wounds that either deny all saves or at least saves that the model in question might be able to make. Armor saves, invulnerable saves, or cover saves are only made after the wound is definitely placed on the model after you choose to roll for Look Out, Sir! and apply the results of that.

Thanks. I play Draigowing mostly (though trying to figure out something different that doesn't require me to buy more models) & frankly, that would've made things crazy easy for me & I already feel like it's a bit too strong a list for casual play.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Fletchtar posted:

edit: oh, & I keep hearing people say that charging units with flame weapons is a bad idea due to overwatch, but don't the rules specifically state that template weapons can't be used for snapshots, & thus can't be used for overwatch?

The confusion here is that the rules cover both eventualities where Look Out Sir will occur - either from an unsaved wound on a character in a unit (e.g. a sergeant) or a wound allocated to an IC (which will not have been rolled for yet because of the mixed saves rules). If you read it straight it seems a little confusing.

You can overwatch with flamers because the template rules specify that they get to Overwatch even though they can't snap fire.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Corrode posted:

You can overwatch with flamers because the template rules specify that they get to Overwatch even though they can't snap fire.

Do remember that it provides 1d3 hits instead of placing a template, however.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Holy poo poo a new thread! I love the new title :allears:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Phy, what's the idea for C:SM with Taubros? Gonna try to shoehorn some broadsides in? I was thinking that Shadowsun might be a decent suicide HQ for allies. Two fusion blasters that can target separately (kill two rhinos - or special weapons guys at once!), and now with the assault move being 2d6, and stealth field generators being so good, she might even get away!

I've been thinking about picking up an Eldar Auxiliary for my Tau. One Farseer with one brb power throwing twinlinked on my guys all the time (probably Pathfinders to spread the accuracy love around), and five Eldar Pathfinders, because the sniper rules look cool as hell.

As time has gone on, I'm begining to lean towards a Stealth Tau army - Shadowsun, stealth suits, and sniper drones. Add in some Fire Warriors, Kroot, XV8's, and Broadsides, and it would be fun, even if not numerically superior.

To this end, I can only hope that GW includes those Remoras from Forgeworld in a future codex (or white dwarf?)

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Crisis Suit Commander w/ bodyguard, mostly missile pods, shield drones. I don't know what battlesuit support systems to get now, are you guys positive target lock does nothing now so I can skip it? Never mind, I see it, you just get rid of Target Priority altogether now.

3 Crisis Suits w/ missile pods and shield drones

Fire Warrior Squad to sit on an objective or man the Quad-Gun

3 Broadsides w/ shield drones

Let me know what the heck you are supposed to do for battlesuit support systems now.

The Space Marine list has 2 meltabunkers and 3 Stormtalons

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 4, 2012

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Cassa posted:

Hahaha, hams are great. The person running the next Qld quarter master has already banned Allies, and has a thread out asking for house rules.

poo poo, this is hilarious. A Mackay tournament decided they were not going to allow Grey Knights.

Eyespy said something about me to it but I forget now, so I am not sure on all of the detail. If you are around can you message me the Mackay side of the story? I have Wes' account and a brief google search but Wes is a raging fuckwit at times.

They Call me Derp
Jul 2, 2012

milward posted:

Thanks for the tips. My first goal is 500 pts, and I´ll buy one box at the time and paint to avoid the bazillion unpainted figs I had with SM. I had upwards 2K pts and only a handful painted so I traded some and gave most to my brother to add to his DAs.

I´ll start with a box of gants and paints. I´d ask for an army list but since I don't own the codex yet that might be bordering on :files:.

What is a good HQ at that level? I want a winged tyrant but I can wait if something else is better suited for a small force.

In the same boat with the painting here. So far behind I will never catch up.

Nids look to hopefully be a bit better in 6th(we'll see how the rest of the codex's got bumped).

Tyranid prime is the probably your best shot at lower points. Tervigon is hard to kill, but depending on the scenario, you could end up pooping our enough kill points to cost you the game.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Phyresis posted:

Crisis Suit Commander w/ bodyguard, mostly missile pods, shield drones. I don't know what battlesuit support systems to get now, are you guys positive target lock does nothing now so I can skip it? Never mind, I see it, you just get rid of Target Priority altogether now.

Let me know what the heck you are supposed to do for battlesuit support systems now.

Hard Wired Blacksun filters on team leaders fo'lyfe - they flat out ignore Night Fighting Bullshit, which could be big with Necron Shenanigans, and now that any mission might include it.

Target Locks have been faq'd to, much like the goggles, do nothing, which truly sucks.

Multi-Trackers now let you fire exactly two guns, which barely matters.

It might be worth it to give the commander a shield generator now, rather than drones, as drones PROBABLY(definitely?) don't help in challenges, not that you're going to win any.

You could give the FW team a markerlight if they are going to camp out anyway.

The Advanced Stabilization System is still the default for broadsides, as it lets them choose whether they want S&P or not, so you can opt to not use it if you think you'd rather do Overwatch.

I'm not sure about the Stim Injector now, it's probably worth it. Iridium Armor - now much better with power weapons defaulting to AP3, but downsides continue to be large.

GW still couldn't be bothered to give the C&C node a function.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I'm amazed they didn't put the bit about being able to assault the passengers of the vehicle you just wrecked by shooting in bold, since that's a pretty big change. Only just found it!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Are witchblades power weapons? They're in the Unusual Power Weapon section, but I'm not 100%.

Singing Spears only get Armorbane in CC, and not shooting, right?

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Fuegan posted:

I'm amazed they didn't put the bit about being able to assault the passengers of the vehicle you just wrecked by shooting in bold, since that's a pretty big change. Only just found it!

You could do that in 5th, probably why no one is making a big deal of it.

Vvvv Yes, it could. Subject to regular assault rules, which some RAW'd to make the rule useless vvvv

Scowny fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 4, 2012

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Scowny posted:

You could do that in 5th, probably why no one is making a big deal of it.

Depends, can the same UNIT do that?

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Same unit could in 5th, I don't think that's changed in 6th.

magnetbox
Jun 7, 2002

I Heart Thomas and Guy-Man

bhsman posted:

Nah, Magnetbox found it.

What's my prize?! :tipshat:

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

Phyresis posted:

Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + Multi-tracker. That's what was good before (the alternative being Flamer + TL MP) and it's better now that with the likely increase of 2+ presence and being able to resolve the damage type of your choice first. Hardwired Blacksun filters on the team leader are a good choice due to the increased amount of night fight. Target Lock (on suits) was only ever useful on Broadsides and a commander that hung out with kroot or had a special weapon like a frag launcher, but it's sad that they're gone.

With the new allocation rules, shield drones are excellent on broadsides, since you can almost always ensure they're in front and the weapons that would be hitting them are mostly things you'd want them to soak (krak missiles, lascannons, lances, etc). On suits... they're actually a bit worse now since their positioning always matters, and you can't use them to assign just the ID wounds; if the enemy is in front then he can pour all the bolter fire or whatever on them before doing the missiles and meltaguns.

A thing to remember with Tau: guns first, toys second.

Also, piranhas. 2 piranhas and a pathfinder team is what you want your FA to be.

Nephilm fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 4, 2012

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

magnetbox posted:

What's my prize?! :tipshat:

Uhhhhhh want some Crux Terminatus shoulder pads? :v: I just bought the Power-Armored Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield kit (which seems like a pretty good deal for some alternative Storm Shields and Thunder Hammers for your sergeants) along with my Gamer's Edition and Space Wolves don't really use the Crux.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I agree on the Plasma Rifles being a even bigger deal now.

Could you give me a quick summary of why piranhas are so good now? I know squadrons as a whole are better, but are piranhas worth it?

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

OB_Juan posted:

I agree on the Plasma Rifles being a even bigger deal now.

Could you give me a quick summary of why piranhas are so good now? I know squadrons as a whole are better, but are piranhas worth it?

They were always good - they're the only source of fast melta, and also blocking.

magnetbox
Jun 7, 2002

bhsman posted:

Uhhhhhh want some Crux Terminatus shoulder pads? :v: I just bought the Power-Armored Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield kit (which seems like a pretty good deal for some alternative Storm Shields and Thunder Hammers for your sergeants) along with my Gamer's Edition and Space Wolves don't really use the Crux.

Not to sound ungrateful, but do you have any terminator thunder hammers?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

magnetbox posted:

Not to sound ungrateful, but do you have any terminator thunder hammers?

I do but they're either all cut up (due to replacing their heads with Ork Chainaxes for my Lone Wolves) or they are very Space Wolfy in appearance.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
So is there any ruling that says scout bikers with cluster caltrops can't booby-trap, say, an opponent's fortification? :pcgaming:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Got my first game in yesterday, and I have to say that 6th edition is going to require some changes but so far I'm enjoying it.

Played a 1500 point game against a good friend of mine. I did 1000 points of orks with 500 points of CSM and he did 1500 points of Space Marines.

My List
Big Mek (KFF, Burna, 'Eavy Armour)
5 Lootas
3 Nobz (2x Skorchas, 1 Big Choppa) in a BW (RPJ, Deff Rolla, BS)
19 Slugga Boyz w/ Nob (PK, BP, 'Eavy Armour)
30 Shoota Boyz (2x Big Shootas) w/ Nob (PK, BP, 'Eavy Armour, Big Shoota)
2 Killa Kanz (Grotzookas)
Battlewagon (RPJ, Deff Rolla, BS)

Sorcerer (Doom Bolt)
10 CSM (2 Plasma Guns) w/ Aspiring Champion (PF)
Vindicator (Daemonic Possession)

His List As Best I Can Remember It
Captain w/ Relic Blade
2x 10 Man Tactical Squad (Flamer, Missile Launcher) w/ Sergeant (PF)
10 Man Tactical Squad (Flamer, Heavy Bolter) w/ Sergeant (PF)
10 Man Devastator Squad (4 Lascannons)
Large (8 Man?) Terminator Squad w/ 2 Assault Cannons

Terrain Setup, Deployment, Warlord Traits, Etc
We set up on my new Zuzzy board mat, which I haven't painted yet but am now seriously motivated to do so. The table ended up being 4' deep by 5' wide because that's how big my kitchen table is, so I'll need to cut a sheet of plywood to fit. We used a bunch of Pegasus craters along with some Platformer terrain to create something that basically looked like a bombed out manufactorum complex.

We started out using the rules about terrain, so d3 pieces in each 2'x2' section. It definitely encourages a lot more terrain than before, and having players alternate placing terrain in that fashion creates an interesting dynamic. There was plenty of area terrain but I really need to work on making bigger main pieces to prevent cross-board shooting.

My sorcerer rolled on the Telepathy psyker power table and after having to reroll twice (due to getting WC 2 powers) got the malediction that forces your opponent to make a Ld test to do anything. My Warlord was the Sorcerer (since the rules don't seem to ban allies from being the Warlord) and got the +1" to charge bonus. His Warlord was the Captain and got the +1 VP for each character killed.

Deployment was Dawn of War. We rolled mission number 4, which is the one where you use objective markers with variable values. Not possessing the means to do this (or caring) we did mission 5 which has one objective in each deployment zone. I won the roll and decided to go deploy first so I could go first. I set up both battlewagons along the left flank (sideways so they could pivot and gain a couple inches) along with the Vindicator, placed the lootas into a piece of terrain that had great visuals and good cover in the center of my field, placed the Sorcerer and CSM squad beneath them, and then put the killa kanz and shoota boyz on the right flank. The objective marker went behind my center building where the lootas were.

His deployment placed his objective in a building on my left flank. One of the ML squads went in, and a HB squad was placed next to it in the open. His lascannon dev squad took a commanding position in a building located in the center, and his other ML squad went in a building on my right flank. The terminator squad was 12" up front between the center building and the right flank building.

He failed to seize the initiative. We forgot to roll night fight but after Turn 1 we remembered and it failed anyway.

Turn 1
Top of Turn 1 I move both battlewagons 18" up my left flank. The vindicator pivots and moves 6" so that it can fire on the terminators. The shot lands perfectly and catches four of them, killing I believe 3. We had a pretty significant discussion about how LOSight works. Because my Vindicator couldn't see the closest model the shot ended up taking out one of his assault cannons. The Lootas got 15 shots on the SM squad in the open, hit with 5, wounded with 5, and they fled off the board (giving me First Blood). The CSM squad moved up 6", shot at the terminators, and both plasma guns exploded and killed their gunners (4 1s in a row). On the right flank the killa kanz and shoota boyz slogged through terrain.

Bottom of Turn 1 he moved his terminators forward and whiffed against my battlewagons. The Lascannon Dev Squad nuked my Vindicator with a single salvo in spite of a 4+ cover save. The missile launcher tac squad on the left whiffed against my battlewagon, and the squad on the right was ineffectual against the shoota boyz (I think I lost 2).

Turn 2
Top of Turn 2 my battlewagons surged forward. 19 boyz and a Big Mek jumped out of the one battlewagon and charged the tactical squad on the left flank. The other battlewagon managed to tank shock the terminators (thanks to that last inch from RPJ) but the deffrolla whiffed and the target passed its Leadership. The killa kanz fired on the missile launcher squad but did nothing, and the shoota boyz ran. The lootas fired on the lascannon squad and got 15 shots (again!) and killed two. The CSM squad pulled back to my objective and would stay there for the rest of the game. In the assault phase I did my WAAAGH! and my Big Mek challenged his Sergeant, who said no, and I killed the entire tac squad in a single round of combat.

Bottom of Turn 2 my opponent and I had a conversation about the game. I showed him how I had both objectives and the extra point from First Blood. There was little chance of him getting a VP from killing my warlord, and I was on track to get the point from advancing into his deployment zone. His only real hope was to move the terminators and remaining tac squad to take on my slugga boyz, claim the objective, and keep everyone else from moving up. If his captain could get two character kills (which would be trivial in CC) he could still win. So he moved the terminators forward and multi-charged the BW to get some extra movement. The tactical squad took a turn to run out of the building and was out in the open. Lascannons nuked the killa kanz that could have charged the terminators. The terminators blasted on my BW and stunned the second.

Turn 3
Top of Turn 3 I pulled my slugga squad back so they were deeper in cover. The lootas and shoota squad fired on the tactical squad but left them one model away from taking a morale test. The 3 nobs in the destroyed battlewagon moved forward and managed to get two shoota shots off, which led to the final casualty and forced a morale test. Sluggas fired on the terminators near the battlewagon and actually killed one! The remaining tactical squad failed its leadership test and ran off the board. My second battlewagon was no match for a ton of powerfists and blew up.

Bottom of Turn 3 my opponent moved the terminators within charge range of the slugga squad. He couldn't win but at least he could try to get some payback. His dev squad blasted my slugga boyz, but they went to ground in the fortified cover and survived with a 3+. Terminators decided to charge instead of shoot. Slugga boy overwatch killed another Terminator, and then he rolled his charge range. Thanks to premeasuring we knew it would be 6 inches. He rolled a three.

At this point it was late and our wives were done making fun of Jennifer Aniston on Conan, so we called it.

Couple things I learned:
  • Having battlewagons drive 19" in a single turn is insane. In two turns a squad can reliably assault any target within 34". At least at first glance my concerns regarding orks not being a threat anymore are unfounded.
  • The game feels much more tactical than before. Positioning your models is going to be the number one skill that a player is going to have to master. Every flank is going to be critical.
  • Expecting your battlewagon to be anything more than a glorified trukk is not viable. With every CC attack hitting on a 3+ deff rollas are dead. Spend that 20 points somewhere else.
  • Multi-charging is not impossible to do, especially against vehicles. Multi-charging requires that you not charge secondary targets until you cannot reach an unengaged model in the primary target. Well if your primary target is a vehicle then it only requires one model to reach that requirement.
  • I'm on the fence about vehicle survivability improvements. Daemonic possession is probably not going to see a lot of use if it remains 20 points.
  • Vindicators are devastating and I would expect to see many more of them.
  • I'm on the fence about extra protection for characters and ICs. It seems like giving 'eavy armour is a good idea since it's much easier to single them out.
  • With their low armor and only 2 hull points I see killa kanz being shelved for this edition.
  • Vehicle squadrons are interesting. Potentially being forced to stay in place due to a stunned vehicle kind of sucks.
  • Warlord traits seem like a gimmick that will rarely matter.
  • Allies can be useful, but I don't think it's going to be an auto-take. On the other hand holy crap did that Vindicator prove useful. I may have to invest in a Manticore and put together some grot IG allies.
  • My buddy has the worst loving luck when it comes to morale tests.

magnetbox
Jun 7, 2002

bhsman posted:

I do but they're either all cut up (due to replacing their heads with Ork Chainaxes for my Lone Wolves) or they are very Space Wolfy in appearance.

Ah, very well then. If you come across any neat marine bits let me know. Im building a White Scar army.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

magnetbox posted:

Ah, very well then. If you come across any neat marine bits let me know. Im building a White Scar army.

Want some Space Wolf heads, then? :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh yeah, one other thing. Premeasuring for everything just feels so wrong. It slows the game down, gives a huge advantage to shooting armies, and so far it's probably the thing I like the least about 6th edition.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Played two team games last night. Vehicles are squishier now, but let you keep shooting until they wreck(mostly), a flying Hive Tyrant throwing out Telepathy powers was pretty drat rad and forced a squad of Lootas off the board first turn but then crashed(remember it is one check per squad shooting, not per hit) and died on the next turn so it isn't that bad. Wound allocation is pretty easy and has some neat tricks(blocking LOS to important characters so they can't get shot). Look Out, Sir! is pretty nice for a Tau commander and his crisis suit buddies. The not moving heavy weapon guy but can re position the squad is pretty awesome. Snap shots/Overwatch are cool but not too bad since you have to hunt for sixes. Shooting Rapid Fire after moving full distance is HUGE. The Warlord powers are nice but not game breaking(although move through cover chimeras was awesome). The secondary VP objectives are really nice for the new Capture and Control mission, even if it does encourage a alpha strike on a squishy target.

6th is pretty awesome. I am definitively going to change up my mech guard since Chimeras are not as survivable as before, rapid fire guns can now shoot after moving, and your heavy weapon teams can shoot if they don't move. I am definitely going to try out some Telepathy Primaris Psykers+Psyker Battle Squads and am going to run guys off the board.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh yeah, one other thing. Premeasuring for everything just feels so wrong. It slows the game down, gives a huge advantage to shooting armies, and so far it's probably the thing I like the least about 6th edition.

Premeasuring is the best thing to happen to this game. My Mk1.1 eyeball isn't nearly as good as other hams in my group. :colbert:

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 4, 2012

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Phyresis posted:

What the gently caress, GW. Tigurius can't take Divination? Are you kidding me? I was pretty sure he was supposed to be particularly prescient, so much so that it was a major advantage for him in battle.

Yeah, the whole idea behind his fluff was that he's such a ridiculously good-looking psyker, he can predict the movements of entire hive fleets. Guess he can't see dick anymore.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
e!=q

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

Kaysette posted:

Yeah, the whole idea behind his fluff was that he's such a ridiculously good-looking psyker, he can predict the movements of entire hive fleets. Guess he can't see dick anymore.

I thought his fluff was telepathy more than anything else? Predicting the enemy movements because he read their plans before execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Nephilm posted:

I thought his fluff was telepathy more than anything else? Predicting the enemy movements because he read their plans before execution.

That sounds right. I was getting my psychic vocabulary mixed up!

• Locked thread