Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
They Call me Derp
Jul 2, 2012

milward posted:

Thanks for the tips. My first goal is 500 pts, and IŽll buy one box at the time and paint to avoid the bazillion unpainted figs I had with SM. I had upwards 2K pts and only a handful painted so I traded some and gave most to my brother to add to his DAs.

IŽll start with a box of gants and paints. IŽd ask for an army list but since I don't own the codex yet that might be bordering on :files:.

What is a good HQ at that level? I want a winged tyrant but I can wait if something else is better suited for a small force.

In the same boat with the painting here. So far behind I will never catch up.

Nids look to hopefully be a bit better in 6th(we'll see how the rest of the codex's got bumped).

Tyranid prime is the probably your best shot at lower points. Tervigon is hard to kill, but depending on the scenario, you could end up pooping our enough kill points to cost you the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread