Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
Are there PS4 dev kit released by Sony somewhere or did they just announced that I won't be playing this SW too ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Unless we start getting some crazy anouncements soon, I'm pretty sure the PS4 isn't going to be out in February 2014 for the game to be released on. I'm just hoping they have a not Wii version that makes it to the US.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Dantes posted:

Are there PS4 dev kit released by Sony somewhere or did they just announced that I won't be playing this SW too ?

Sony has said repeatedly that the PlayStation 3 is locked into a 10 year life cycle. I wouldn't expect a PS4 announcement until 2016.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Belzac posted:

Sony has said repeatedly that the PlayStation 3 is locked into a 10 year life cycle. I wouldn't expect a PS4 announcement until 2016.

The "10 year life cycle" concept only applies to the expected lifespan of a platform's support, it doesn't apply to whether or not Sony will announce new platforms during it. PS2 came out in 2000 with that same cycle and PS3 came out in 2006 but was still supported for years after.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Belzac posted:

You do know that a 10 years life cycle is not incompatible with 2 console lifespan overlapping each other like the PS2 and PS3 right ?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Dantes posted:

You do know that a 10 years life cycle is not incompatible with 2 console lifespan overlapping each other like the PS2 and PS3 right ?

Yes but Kazou has used this statement in direct response to people asking when Sony will announce their newest console. Plus it's not like when a new console comes out you throw your old one out right? I still have my PS1 in it's box in case I ever need it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

I don't think Bandai Namco is going to release Sanctuary Battle in North America. It's no big deal though, you can just buy it from Europe in English for a decent rate.

Just to be sure, One Piece is coming out on the psn right?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ulio posted:

Just to be sure, One Piece is coming out on the psn right?

Yeah, it's coming out PSN in North America and on Blu-ray in Europe in September

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Apparently there's a Chinese sitcom (?) about gamers that deliberately invokes the DW version of Lu Bu for... who knows what the gently caress, along with Samurai Shodown Hanzo and seemingly one of the Terrorist skins for Counter-Strike... funny to me I suppose, just to see the DW series be so acknowledged, I guess he has a special place in Chinese DW players' hearts as much as in ours, except they may have been more prepared for the name! :haw:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Well, that was a lot of info on RotK on the last page. Thanks to all of you.

I decided to take a look at RotK XI (they seem to be using Dynasty Warriors 4 models in the game?) and am working my way through the tutorial alongside a random game i opened up. I could swear somewhere in the Tutorial (and somewhere on the internet) i read that you could put your cities / forces under AI control for some time and take control back after a while.

I'll be damned if i can find the option. Does anyone know where it is? Google failed me on this.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

HenryEx posted:

Well, that was a lot of info on RotK on the last page. Thanks to all of you.

I decided to take a look at RotK XI (they seem to be using Dynasty Warriors 4 models in the game?) and am working my way through the tutorial alongside a random game i opened up. I could swear somewhere in the Tutorial (and somewhere on the internet) i read that you could put your cities / forces under AI control for some time and take control back after a while.

I'll be damned if i can find the option. Does anyone know where it is? Google failed me on this.

That's called establishing a district. Look under the menu options that are lower in the city commands list, and remember that you can manage your districts from any city - not just the ones you want to put on autopilot. Also, a great way to make sure that your main territory has enough AP to do what you want each turn is to use one of your less active districts as a bank of AP and money to reward your officers.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SPREAD TENKA MEWBU OVER THE LAND

Check out Nobunyaga in Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.

I can't help but feel he would have been better suited for Samurai Warriors 4.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Great, a time traveling giant cat warrior with a occult magic and a habit of reciting Noh theater. Just what the DW series needed.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Policenaut posted:

I thought the zero suit Samus and Link being in DW: VS was silly. This is a whole new level.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Great, a time traveling giant cat warrior with a occult magic and a habit of reciting Noh theater. Just what the DW series needed.

From what I'm reading, Nobunyaga is a guest character who has to be created in the officer creation menu. He's not a story character.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
AHAHAHAHA from the beginning of episode 24 of the 2010 series (Guan Yu receiving Red Hare):

quote:

Cao Cao: Over the last two years, Cao Pi has been begging for this horse, but I wouldn't bear to give it away. Son, how did I put it?
Cao Pi: Father, you said that I am not worthy enough for Red Hare... :qq:
Cao Cao: You are indeed not worthy enough for it! This horse is meant for a brave warrior, not the likes of you!

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Cao Cao owns.

And I wish the DLC for 7/XL wasn't so stupidly expensive... I would gladly pay like $20 for all 7/XL DLC, but there is no way in hell I am dropping $5 a pop.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

abagofcheetos posted:

Cao Cao owns.

And I wish the DLC for 7/XL wasn't so stupidly expensive... I would gladly pay like $20 for all 7/XL DLC, but there is no way in hell I am dropping $5 a pop.

The only things that cost 5 dollars are the original costume packs. Don't buy those. The only DLC that actually affect gameplay and add more content are the new weapon packs and the Xtreme and Legend mission packs. If you get all those you're probably up to like 20 bucks.

The old costume DLC is only 1$ per pack which is a steal. Get that if you're really wanting new costumes.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I just picked up DW7 for 360 after this thread reminded me how much I used to enjoy the series. Is there any way to modify the camera angle? I couldn't find anything, and it's zoomed in way too tight for me. If you're running sideways, you can't see a single step in front of you, and I'm spending as much time swinging the camera around as I am fighting enemies.

e: Also, I saw that there's no XL disc for the 360. Is there a downloadable thing like with SW2 or what?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nipponophile posted:

I just picked up DW7 for 360 after this thread reminded me how much I used to enjoy the series. Is there any way to modify the camera angle? I couldn't find anything, and it's zoomed in way too tight for me. If you're running sideways, you can't see a single step in front of you, and I'm spending as much time swinging the camera around as I am fighting enemies.

e: Also, I saw that there's no XL disc for the 360. Is there a downloadable thing like with SW2 or what?
No, that's the only camera. It's up close to obfuscate the fact that it can't render people very far away.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Nipponophile posted:

Don't use the right stick for anything ever. If you turn your character, quickly tap L1 to center the camera behind you. This is the only way to play these games since DW2. The sensitivity has always been crappy as well as constantly have to fight the auto-turning it does while you move. Just keep the camera behind you with the guard button and you'll be fine.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Belzac posted:

The only things that cost 5 dollars are the original costume packs. Don't buy those. The only DLC that actually affect gameplay and add more content are the new weapon packs and the Xtreme and Legend mission packs. If you get all those you're probably up to like 20 bucks.

The old costume DLC is only 1$ per pack which is a steal. Get that if you're really wanting new costumes.

But some of those original costumes are awesome :3:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I really hope Samurai Warriors 4 has the same art style as the Samurai Warriors 3: Empires intro with the cel-shaded sumi-e look.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Belzac posted:

The only things that cost 5 dollars are the original costume packs. Don't buy those.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo I did not know.

Anyway, I came THIS CLOSE to selling Samurai 3Z today, but finally decided to wait on it. It's not doing it for me though, and I've finished two or three characters so far. Also the career mode is just bizarre and not being fun at all.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Belzac posted:

I thought the zero suit Samus and Link being in DW: VS was silly. This is a whole new level.

When did what? My abbreviation-fu is failing me.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

SirPhoebos posted:

When did what? My abbreviation-fu is failing me.

No abbreviation needed. Dynasty Warriors VS (versus) is a 3DS Dynasty Warriors game that focuses on co-op and PvP. It also has Nintendo characters you can make in the CAW.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Belzac posted:

No abbreviation needed. Dynasty Warriors VS (versus) is a 3DS Dynasty Warriors game that focuses on co-op and PvP. It also has Nintendo characters you can make in the CAW.

Link looks mighty squinty-eyed there.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Link looks more Asian than the entire DW cast.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So the Sengoku Basara dude just told Famitsu that the future of the franchise will be revealed later this month at a special event. Seeing as how Sengoku Basara HD Collection is advertised with having a teaser for "the future" of Basara, yeah they're probably going to make another Basara game. Maybe Meiji Basara? Seeing how they've apparently run out of Sengoku period?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Policenaut posted:

So the Sengoku Basara dude just told Famitsu that the future of the franchise will be revealed later this month at a special event. Seeing as how Sengoku Basara HD Collection is advertised with having a teaser for "the future" of Basara, yeah they're probably going to make another Basara game. Maybe Meiji Basara? Seeing how they've apparently run out of Sengoku period?

Sangoku Basara. Bring it full circle Capcom.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Heian Basara. Everybody just sits around writing dynamic poems at each other.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

That would be seriously awesome (especially for me since I lived in the city where the last conflict in it took place), there need to be way more games set in that period. The problem is that there was nowhere near the number of soldiers and stuff in that conflict.

mikeycp posted:

Heian Basara. Everybody just sits around writing dynamic poems at each other.
Those letters were SO loving EMOTIONAL though. With the right choice of words maybe the recipient could die of romantic longing.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 8, 2012

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Samurai Sanders posted:

That would be seriously awesome (especially for me since I lived in the city where the last conflict in it took place), there need to be way more games set in that period. The problem is that there was nowhere near the number of soldiers and stuff in that conflict.

I have a feeling they can take liberties and fudge the numbers in a game with a main character who uses 6 electricity swords while on a motorcycle horse.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mikeycp posted:

I have a feeling they can take liberties and fudge the numbers in a game with a main character who uses 6 electricity swords while on a motorcycle horse.
I dunno, there are still limits. There were really not that many battles in the meiji restoration. That said, there have been a few pretty good Shinsengumi related games in the past, I played Fu'un Shinsengumi but as you can see, it is a VERY small thing, mostly breaking into people's houses and killing them.

edit: also towards the end, when the real battles started, they were all using rifles.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 8, 2012

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno, there are still limits. There were really not that many battles in the meiji restoration. That said, there have been a few pretty good Shinsengumi related games in the past, I played Fu'un Shinsengumi but as you can see, it is a VERY small thing, mostly breaking into people's houses and killing them.

Fair enough. Shinsengumi Basara would be sweet though.

Maybe it'll be something with the Genpei War then?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
You're thinking of the Bakumatsu period (Meiji period is after those conflicts, at least against the Shogunate), but Fu'un Shinsengumi, Domon makes me think of KENGO 3's "indoors" combat gameplay.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Chortles posted:

You're thinking of the Bakumatsu period (Meiji period is after those conflicts, at least against the Shogunate), but Fu'un Shinsengumi, Domon makes me think of KENGO 3's "indoors" combat gameplay.
You're thinking of the Boshin war, right? I mean, if you mean actually in the Meiji period, what is there to work with?

edit: I guess with some serious romancing, Toshizo Hijikata's last stand in Hakodate could be somewhat musou (or basara)-like. He got shot of course, he brought a sword to a gunfight.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 8, 2012

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

You're thinking of the Boshin war, right? I mean, if you mean actually in the Meiji period, what is there to work with?
Yes, as covered in Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai (and the Dragon War Pack DLC for SHOGUN 2). As for the Meiji period though, honestly all I could think of would be the Satsuma Rebellion of 1877.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Some of the missions in Samurai 3 are such incredible bullshit, forcing you to travel the entire length of the map over and over again with a severe time limit. I've failed one of Aya's stages like that four times in a row now.