Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Well if none of them acknowledge player 2, I guess my next question would be which DW is the one with the most features, and/or is the best one to play in couch co-op? :sweatdrop:

DW6 has couch co-op for both the story mode and the scenario-at-a-time mode, but I don't think most DW fans like DW6 very much. (It's the only one I've played, so I can't compare.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

If I remember correctly (I might not be), there was no end to your attack chain, and you'd basically keep attacking so long as you kept mashing the button, which was kind of weird and I didn't like. I didn't play 6 very much, I think I played like five or six stages and never touched it again.

You remember correctly; you can mash a button forever and thus attack forever or until someone knocks you to the ground. The game even rewards perpetual mashing to an extent by giving bonus exp at the end of a stage based on the number of times you hit in a row.

As far as the weapons go, I can see how that'd be disorienting, especially the ones that even someone new to the series finds bizarre like Lu Bu's thing (I think it's two sticks, each with two axe blades, that glue together in the middle, from seeing it in his and Diao Chan's cutscenes) or Sima Yi's metal claws that shoot whips or whatever it is he has. I like Wei Yan's giant club, but if I'd been expecting alligators I'd have been really disappointed too!