Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Davincie posted:

what about age of empires

Reminded me of some lost, discontinued webcomic from 98 or 99 that had an awful pun about 'Asia Vampires' as a running joke. Though I suppose 'Code:Vein' is finally bringing that one to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Sakurazuka posted:

I bought it, still haven't played it

I think I played it for about five or six missions. Didn't hate it but it didn't grab me the way a Fire Emblem or Disgaea game does.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mr. Maltose posted:

I would only accept an America Musou if William Sherman single handedly outdoes Wu in the noble field of setting poo poo on fire.

Over the years, the Musou threads have made up all sorts of hilarious ideas about the notion of a DW game based on American history. Overall though we know there's no way to tastefully handle emancipation with animu hyperbole, so I personally hope like gently caress nobody tries.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Manic X posted:

I want then to deviate from Romance just enough to make being Wei not feel like the bad guys.

Make the cutscene of Liu Bei throwing baby Liu Shan on the floor.

I, too, want to play a game as Wei from 2010 Three Kingdoms tv show.

Leal posted:

Cao Cao did nothing wrong!

Gets it.

Super combo-breaker ultra gets it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

egg tats posted:

dynasty warriors x but it's like Jason X

do not pursue Lu Bu IN SPACE

Shiiiit we've already got the Gundam Warriors engine ready to go for this...

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Darth Walrus posted:

Intriguing approach. I guess that means we'll then get SW7 starring Ieyasu?

That's what I was guessing. How does the old expression go? Nobunaga shaped the rice cake, Hideyoshi beat it, and Ieyasu ate it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

DW9 Complete is like $33ish bucks on sale on PSN right now. I had a REAL bad feeling about the changes described during development, and just stayed away from it when players whose opinions I trusted were also sour on it around launch period. But I acknowledge that over two and a half years is a lot of time for patching to occur, and the sale price for all the poo poo that's packed in with it looks pretty good too. Would folks here say 33 is worth it?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mr. Locke posted:

No. Two and a half years have not been as kind to the game as you hope.

Policenaut posted:

Last time I checked DW9 still has a demo on the PSN and it's a pretty good indicator of how the game is. I played it about 2 years ago after some big patching and talked at lengths about it in this thread but ehhh I dunno I gotta say no it's not worth it

Stay the course, it is then. Thank you, fellow citizens.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Sakurazuka posted:

Let a random general one shot me just like good old days.

I saved my musous just specifically for 'oh christ it's Lu Bu / Himiko' type generals. It's become muscle memory for me. If I hear enemy general's musou lighting off, then I light off mine and hope mine outlasts theirs. That has been my survival mechanic for years of these games.

I also would really like to see another Gundam Musou entry and I haven't seen any of the original anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Der-Wreck posted:

Himiko was in the orochi series yeah? With the little totems that shot out the Megaman-esque laser pellets?

I am also a person that frigging LOOOOOVED Gundam 2 without seeing a single piece of Gundam anime. I must have several hundred hours in that game.

Yup, and that little kid would melt you if you were caught unprepared by her mosou.