Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mikeycp posted:

I finally finished the episode of my DW retrospective on the first game. Check it out if you're so inclined. It's a neat game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmHMhspTkc

I had no clue it started as a fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mikeycp posted:

Yeah! It's weird! I kinda want a Sangoku Musou 2 to see what 2018 Omega Force would do with it. Also to see what they would name it.

It's so weird that a series that's famous for letting you kill/KO hundreds of people started as a Tekken knock off.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Deakul posted:

Any word on Hyrule Warriors ever coming to the PC? I'm assuming that since it's a Nintendo property that it's pretty much a no go?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is it hard to believe there's people in China who still get salty about anything associated with Japan?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Isn't there a Joan of Arc game that's Musuo esque, but by a different company, and kinda terrible? PS2 era?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Bladestorm?

It's actually PS3/PS4 and made by the SW team.

Maybe, I could have sworn I was thinking of something earlier.Is it any good? because playing as Jeanne D'Arc while killing a thousand English bastards seems amazing to me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

That's one of the problems with Bladestorm, you play as a generic grunt not one of the interesting characters

I seriously don't understand character creation as a feature in Musuo games, playing as these playing as one of these outsized personalities was the main appeal of the series from the start. You don't get that with a blank slate protagonist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Himuro posted:

What is the best Musou of the past few years? Last one I played was Samurai Warriors 4 and I hated it because of what they did to SW, my favorite Musou series. I guess Zelda Warriors? ARE SW2XL HD or SW2E HD in English yet? Because I could just go with that.

One Piece 3

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Did Zeus have wings?

He did when he turned into a swan to get some strange.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Don't know how the PC port is, but Pirates 3 is my favorite musou game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nickiepoo posted:

I haven't played any of these games in forever (DW3 on PS2 iirc) and had a hankering for stupid couch coop where we kill thousands for the fun of it.

Is DW8 the best place to dive back in on the PS4 or are there any other strong contenders for my time?

I like One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 more, but if you want the Romance of the Three Kingdoms storyline, 8 or the Xtreme Legends version is probably best.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nickiepoo posted:

Okay, awesome. I only watched one season of One Piece probably around the same time that I last played Dynasty Warriors so I feel like it might be a bit lost on me unless it's literally following the story of the anime from the start.

It was a goofy and fun anime though so maybe I'll give it a look.

I hadn't seen a single episode of the cartoon before I played it. After beating it I tried to watch the cartoon then realized there was 700 some odd episodes and quit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I loved Pirates 3 and had never seen or read it before. After, I was going to watch it but noped out when I realized there's literally 700 episodes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

And i want a pony.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The first video game with Shaquille O'Neill's name on it was a fighting game. As long as it's called something like "Bo Jackson's Warriors Orochi" you could probably get there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Takoluka posted:

"Bo Jackson in the Three Kingdoms" could absolutely be a DLC pack that I'd pay for.

Bo Knows second century Chinese warfare.

He'd have knocked Lu Bu on his rear end the moment they met.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Azran posted:

How's One Piece Pirate Warriors 3? I've never read the manga or watched the anime, in case it matters.

I loved it and was completely unfamiliar with the anime before I played it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

God, do these games ever go on sale? Want to pick up either Warriors Orochi 4 or Attack on Titan 2 on PC and theyve been $60 forever arrgghh

I bought Pirate Warriors 3 for $5 on a PS4 digital sale like two years ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How would a Dynasty Warriors 9 Empire game even work if they wanted to do one?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Maybe I'll make him fat this time.

How do you name your guy Cactus and not make him fat?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

16 year old you had also never seen a sammo hung movie apparently.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I see a new door opening to me. Recommendations?

I dunno, pick one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pflpy4srthw

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Crusader Kings Musou when?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Just because I'm listening to a podcast about it, Musou 30 Years War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So the One Piece live action show on Netflix reminded me how much I liked One Piece Warriors 3, then One Piece Warriors 4 came out and at the time it just didn't have as much content as the complete version of 3. Did they ever add stuff to it or am I better off just re-installing 3?