Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I haven't been deep into a Dynasty Warriors game since 3 (played some of 4 and 5 but 3 consumed an entire summer for me and a friend), could someone explain the XL games? If I wanted to play DW7, does XL have the original game plus the extra stuff, or is it actually an expansion pack that only has the extra stuff in it? The OP makes it sound like it was designed to be installed on top of DW7 but obviously since it's a disc and not DLC I'm not fully understanding it.

Mr. Baps fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Chachi posted:

The XL games are side stories that have their own standalone content, but can be "installed" onto their parent game so that you can use your pre-existing progress and whatnot with the new content and add some new features or characters to the old game. The way they work (which is weird these days) is that you pop in the XL disk and then select an option from the main menu that's usually labelled something like "import" or "install", then swap in your corresponding DW disk, let the system read it, then swap the XL disk back in and go.

Huh, I would not have expected an actual expansion pack like that for a console game. Thanks for clearing that up!