Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Last time I checked DW9 still has a demo on the PSN and it's a pretty good indicator of how the game is. I played it about 2 years ago after some big patching and talked at lengths about it in this thread but ehhh I dunno I gotta say no it's not worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

this switch port runs and feels way worse than any of the vita musou ports goddamn

I didn't believe this at first but then I got a JP news article with tweets and links about how bad it is and good lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pizz0luTJXI

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Didn't have Bo Jackson or even a Tecmo Super Bowl guy.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

You could have probably gotten away with a generic looking football guy that looks kinda sorta like Bo and called him "Sportsman" or something. I really wanted some kind of Tecmo Super Bowl in Allstars to the point that I looked up the Katakana for Bo Jackson and Tecmo Super Bowl and filled my suggestion box in the original Japanese "who do you want?" Survey with them.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bandai Namco had a Kamen Rider series about it called Battride War and Capcom fiddled around with it with Sengoku BASARA for years.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kingdom Under Fire was sick until they went down too far on the Korean game path and made it into an MMO.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm still baffled that Tecmo Koei hit the perfect formula for Empires with Samurai Warriors 3's and then pretty much never came back to it ever again, except for a brief jaunt with a Nobunaga's Ambition PUK. Just work with SW3E as your base! It's great!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dynasty 8 or Samurai 4.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I tried that DW9 Empires demo just now on PS5 and boy, I really hope Koei has a plan for 10 because I don't think this is salvageable. I kind of liked 9 at the time but years later playing it in Empires mode I'm like "Wow this feels awful how did I like this so much?"

It's gonna be years before we see DW10 isn't it?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I like the gimmick some Musou games (typically Samurai) have where you can order around your officers through a map screen. I wanna say Chronicle 3 had touch screen commanding so you could just order someone to go to this spot to do reinforcements.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey so I guess Warriors Orochi 3 is getting another update.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So did anyone get Touken Ranbu Warriors? I see it's out now on Steam and I'm curious to know if Omega Force has something up their sleeves after 9 Empires.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The next Omega Force game is apparently a Fate Stay Night one. It's listed as "Action RPG" so it's either a Warriors or a Nioh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PazfxkDW3RU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

What I really disliked about 9s weapons was that they had DLC ones and then introduced free versions but the free versions have different movesets. Sima Shi is my favorite DW character and he's got the lightning sword as his tailor made weapon but the free version movesets suck so bad compared to the paid one, which feels awesome to use but cost me six bucks.