Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Personally I'm looking forward to Hokuto Musou 2/Fist of the North Star : Ken's Rage 2. Man I loved that first game and I think it is way better then people give it credit for. It's a really methodical and slow paced Warriors game which is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Alacron posted:

I feel like I'm the only one who liked the story mode in Ken's Rage.

It probably helped that I've only read a little bit from the beginning so most of it was new material for me.

Also, screw you guys for getting Pirate Warriors before me! :arghfist::saddowns: I have to wait until Tuesday, same day as when my classes start.

Man I loved the Ken's Rage story mode. It was awesome to play a Musou game that felt so different by not giving you a random rear end army for no reason. One guy vs an army is way more awesome when there aren't friendly mooks standing around doing nothing. Yeah it is a slower game then Dynasty Warriors but that isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Shin Hokuto Musou's page opened and uh...that's a lot of character slots.

I can't even think who that could all be, other than wasteland raider A, B, C, D, and E or something.

Hokuto no Ken 2 has a metric ton of one off bad guys that get exploded. I imagine that most of them will be those guys.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This may seem a bit out of place but I picked up Bladestorm a while ago and my god that game is a lot of fun. Being a mercenary in the hundred years war is pretty fun when you know the outcome of the war ahead of time. I don't quite have a good grasp on the strong/weak against thing cause lance horsemen seem to kill everything super great even things they are weak to.

Maybe there's some command mechanic about marching with or ordering multiple squads around that I'm just missing but god drat riding into battle with a bunch of heavily armored ladies with an unstoppable charge and unbreakable armor is amazingly fun.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

tooooooo bad posted:

It's pretty cool but don't expect it to actually play like a Dynasty Warriors game. I don't really want to spew a big essay in here about how it works but you should definitely at least read the Wikipedia article on it before you go looking for it. One thing I'll say that Wikipedia won't: bad bad framerate. If you're extra sensitive to that kind of thing you might want to pass on it. It was on 360 games on demand a while back, I assume it's still there and horribly overpriced as a result, but I had a pretty good time with it and thinking about it now I kind of want to go back to it.

Maybe I'm just oblivious to it but I haven't noticed any bad framerates on the ps3 version. It is a strange game and not very dynasty warriors but I think it's pretty fun.

I also payed 5 bucks for it so really you can't go wrong.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Bat also learns some Hokuto Shinken but yeah it's just Kenshiro as far as they say successor wise.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

The weirdest thing about HnK for me is just how soon after the apocalypse it takes place, like ten years or so. What on earth were all those people doing back in the normal, modern Japan? Were all those guys with spiked shoulder pads and mohawks normal salarymen back then, or what? And were there people all over the modern world running around offing each other with super magic martial arts head exploding poo poo? I totally want to hear more about what life was like before the bomb in HnK world.

Ahem...

Souten No Ken is pretty good though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Ugh, Ken's Rage 2 is 60 dollars on the PSN. What the hell happened to Warriors Orochi 3 at $50, Koei?

You do however get all the dlc for free.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's the most obvious. Play two minutes of any dynasty warriors games and it's all super hot dudes gettin physical and talking about conquering another hot dude.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I can't wait to chop all of those limbs off.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Takoluka posted:

I think Berserk is one of those legacy anime that people really remember. I hear people talk about it a lot (mostly the old stuff), even if they're not current with it. I'm surprised that we're not seeing more publicity about the Attack on Titan game, since Berserk seems to be following not long after.

Musou games are sure thing though. They are always popular regardless of if they are original or anime tied. Zelda, One Piece, Gundam, HnK, they've all been successes over here. Berserk Musou seems like a 100% sure thing to go forward on because you'll have all the people who just buy all the musou style games coming along with all the berserk fans.

It's a win win for bandai to push it since so many people already know that they want that kind of game. There's no need to convince people the game will be good or not like the AoT game.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Well I picked up the Titan game and initial impression is, best Spiderman game since the one on the original xbox. The travel is super slick. Combat is basically you just dissecting people but that's fun in its own way. Not exactly high art here but its a worthwhile play.

It gets samey pretty quick though because every single titan in the whole entire game is exactly the same. Fitting to the source material but not the most engaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Fighting samey enemies is what I have been doing for years now with the warriors franchise, I have made my peace with it.

At least in normal warriors games there's other characters. Everyone plays the same and aside from main guy turning into a titan they all have the same abilities.