Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ChaosReaper posted:

I held off buying for this for the Xbox since I heard all the bad poo poo about the slowdown. I see that they patched the game. Did it help fix the slowdown from the near unplayable levels it was at release to something like a normal DW game?
The difference is night and day. It's still buggy as hell, so interim save often, but the frame rate is noticeably better. Seems like they frame skip during heavy load, so it's jittery but still fast, as opposed to oh god why Chi Bi the fire aaaaaaaa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

So there's a ridiculous glitch at Baidi Castle where you can reach max level in minutes by exploiting the spawning of siege weapons. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, can you check the 360 version and see if it works? I watched a video of the PS3 version, and it went without a hitch. When I play my 360 copy, however, the game glitches out (as usual), and the siege weapons don't even break. They just disappear or despawn of something.

Any thoughts?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Oh, I can trigger the spawns like normal, but when they die, they just disappear one at a time, unlike the glitch videos where they fall by the dozens with every swing. I'm curious if the 360 version is busted or if I'm just doing something to glitch the glitch.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Managed to make the glitch work how I was expecting. I think the problem was the 360 hardware not being strong enough to spawn juggernauts repeatedly in the corner if too much else is going on. Cut down on the overall enemy count, and it worked like a charm.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Would it be weird to ask for/want a Shin Koihime Musou game that's an actual Musou game and not a strategy visual novel thing?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

U.T. Raptor posted:

(Also, if they were going to axe a Qiao, they could at least have removed the one that looks and sounds like a twelve-year-old :japan:)

They did. They both look and sound 12.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Opened up DW8 on my 360 today, and there was another update. I can't find anything about it via Google. Any ideas?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

New favorite character found.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

She looks pretty awesome. Quad voluge or whatever they're going to call it is really cool. The fact that she doesn't speak like a little girl is really nice as well.

She's pretty much Ginchiyo for DW.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Just popping in to say dynasty warriors 8 for xbox 360 was one of the WORST loving PORTS I've ever seen of a warriors game and the slowdown framerate issues were unacceptable and their patch didnt fix poo poo. The only warriors game I shut off after 5 minutes of gameplay and listed for sale on ebay. How do you gently caress up that badly, not even the ps2 games were that bad with the slowdown.

The patch made the Chi Bi fire sequence playable and seemed to make the thing a little more stable, but drat, I wish I could defend it as a port. Frame rate aside, the game freezes on me whenever it feels like it, and in one instance, I've had character models actually load in correctly, so they'd run around with their upper body in the jump position. (It's hilarious to look at, but it's so amateur that I get a little irritated.)

I just wish I didn't have to buy a whole new console for a decent DW experience. On the plus side, WO1 and 2 were decent ports that I managed to 1000G, so my 360 wasn't a total waste on that front.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ugh, 1000G-ing DW8 is more tedious than WO2 and WO3 combined. I think I might just be done with this game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jibo posted:

What part of it did you find tedious? I mean, yeah, there's some tedium there but it doesn't seem any worse than WO3 in my experience or really any other Musou game where you need to do some grinding. And the grindiest parts (materials and bonds) go by way faster than bonds in WO3.

WO3 took me no time at all. WO2 took a while, but beating every mission on Chaos (there seems to be so many more of them in DW8), collecting massive amounts of materials, and needing guides to find every weapon and animal is just too much work. Also, I apparently missed a few cutscenes somehow.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Which achievement involves maxing all bonds on DW8?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The GIG posted:

Ambition Mode is pretty much the biggest chore to ever play so I don't blame anyone for not getting Plat/1000 in 8.

Seriously. I think I'll just call it a day and move forward. It was fun, though!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder, do our names sound as consistently funny in any other language as these (old, anyway) Chinese names sound in ours?

Dick Trickle.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm talking consistently. For example, like I said earlier, "ng" is an inherently funny sound in English and a common one in Chinese. Are there sounds and patterns that that are common in English but sounds funny to someone else somewhere else?

Maybe I don't see it. Like, names like Deng Ai and Man Chong sound fine to me, but Dong Tuna just strikes a chord so perfectly.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ExMortis posted:

Has anyone run into the Ambition mode objective "Obtain the Medicine" on the fame-related maps? It popped up after I killed the enemy leader, the objective marker was on a big solid piece of terrain. I killed everything on the map except for the mobile unit commanders spawning in. Had to exit back to camp, weren't no drat medicine nowhere.

edit: ^^^ the animals aren't one-time only. Used puchi red hare a bunch.

The medicine appears as a Recover All item and comes from said spawning mobile unit commanders.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Orochi 1 is easily the most difficult warriors game I can remember playing, nothing but memories of being juggled to death by five officers all taking it in turns batting me back and forth between them.

The difficult is jacked up significantly, and it will literally make you better at Warriors games. Orochi 2, on the other hand, is stupidly easy, and what's more ridiculous is that the base horse is as fast as Red Hare in the previous game, so actual Red Hare is like an F1 racer.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If I still don't own a Wii U when this comes out, I'm buying this anyway.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Maleketh posted:

Triforce abuse also neatly solves the problem of how to bring Orochi back (again).

Stop it right now. I want it already.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yardbomb posted:

Euuuggghhhhhh, Bao Sanniang's musou attacks in 7.

Hey, she has just as much a right to be there as anyone else.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Sometimes I like to imagine what'd it be like if Koei were to make a Warriors title based on the American Civil War.

I have been wanting Civil Warriors since 3XL came out.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I can't begin to imagine how offensive the game would be to some people.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Maleketh posted:

I fail to understand how anyone could not like Sima Yi.

Or Wang Yuanji.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

oh poo poo yessssssssssssss

I hope Edward still looks exactly like Mitsuhide.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Iunnrais posted:

I think I actually do want to know the story, so I'll go for DW7.

That said... the PS3 store offers DW7, and DW7:Xtreme Legends, both for the same price. Xtreme Legends says it's a "stand alone expansion"... does that mean it includes everything from the main DW7, or is it a different game?

To get the full experience, you get them both, but I'm not sure how DW7 does it, since all XL games prior used a disc swap method.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Davincie posted:

also hot spring cutscene :mrgw:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Don't forget the costume DLC!

The Warriors franchise finally gets good.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Koei actually made a statement saying something to the effect of "They don't have a leg to stand on with this, so we're not worried."

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Over 1000 hours, only 80%.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Xiahou Ba is SSS+ God Tier in WO3/WO3U, and you should be using him for everything.

Give him a weapon with Osmosis on it (5+, 10 ideal), hit R1, use his EX attack, refill your gauge, repeat literally forever. With Dragon Tongue X, he is incredibly OP even at Lv.1 and literally unstoppable at higher levels. I've promoted him 3 times, giving him tons of crystals for Atk and Spd ups, and he's just unreal.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Instead of Skull Kid or Happy Mask Salesman, you give us ANOTHER LINK?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

R3 enters Rage Mode, and your Musou during that is a Rage Attack.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Happy Hedonist posted:

I played a bit of Samurai Warriors 4 Chronicle mode and I'm sick of 2 star battles. What do I have to do to up the star ratings to 3+? The 2 star battles are stupid easy and I'm quickly growing bored of them.

Once you get strong enough, play exclusively on Nightmare until you have to deal with rare weapon battles. If your partner isn't strong enough to survive it, just set them to Wait in a safe spot while you finish the rest. The experience gain in the end helps power-level partner characters, and you'll always get great weapons.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

grrarg posted:

Has anyone been watching the Sengoku Musou anime? I can't figure out why they made it. It is a bad advertisement for the games. It skips a lot of the best characters since it starts with Hideyoshi's death. It focuses on the Sanada brothers like 4, but it looks like their storyline will be wrapped up less than halfway through the season. The Ii guy that is new in 4-2 was in like 2 minutes of episode 4.

I'm enjoying it a lot, though it's the equivalent of a bunch of in-game cutscenes with no fights connecting them. The series doesn't really need advertisement, considering how well Sengoku Musou does in Japan every release. It's very much a "This is for fans of the series", if only for the fact that Episode 0/the OVA were bundled with the SE of the game, and no one really gets an introduction. It just kinda assumes you know everything already.

Also, the OP/ED are both awesome.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

They're worst in DWG2 but they suck in every game they're in and I don't know why OF insist on having them. I hope they learn something from Hyrule Warriors, fighting giant enemies in that isn't amazing or anything but it's way better than any other time they've tried it.

They'll decide that every Mobile Armor should work like the Imprisoned.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I love that the voices come from the controller. It's fun.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wish we'd gotten Orochi Z over here, because I'd love to play the originals in full HD with all the extras, as opposed to getting the 360 versions and the PSP version of Orochi 2 together for the full experience.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dewgy posted:

So I just dropped ten bucks on W:O1 on PSN not realizing it was a PS2 classic since I got the code via Amazon... and I already have the disc. :saddowns:

Since I'm apparently frigging collecting this game now, is there any appreciable difference in the 360 version or should I just suck it up and play what I bought?

I have purchased every Orochi game multiple times for *reasons*. The main difference is widescreen and achievements.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rutibex posted:

I am really digging that they include the entire soundtrack from every Dynasty Warriors game, that's a nice touch. Playing DW2: Yellow Turban Rebellion brings me back.

You know you've reached peak Musou-crazy when Yellow Storm and Yellow Storm ver.2 sound completely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gauntlet Mode is forever.