Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Has anyone else not been able to pause in the PC port? I've tried keyboard and controller bindings and nothing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Bamco has found that you can babelfish a translation and people will still eat it up, so at the very worst they'll just do that. Not that it'll hurt a Warriors game that much.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just picked up SW4 for the ps4, and I'm not sure if Hyrule Warriors just spoiled me or not but the combat feels way clunkier, or maybe it's just how Oda and No play (only played one map so far) Looks great graphically at least.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Playing around with SW4 some more, I retract my statement of the combat feeling clunky. Nobunaga is really stiff in his animations but the other people seem fine.

I don't care that they didn't dub the game (which is apparently standard practice for the spinoffs) but would it have killed them to subtitle the little things they say when musouing and stuff? :mad:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is it just me or does trying to access the PSN shop from in game in SW4 just give you a blank screen

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How do I get more weapon types for my custom unit dude for Chronicle mode? I haven't even made a guy yet cuz only being able to start with like 5 of the weapon types was kind of a turn off.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

If I knew the great sword in chronicle mode came with a gun, I wouldn't have waited so long to start it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there any reason to continue using someone as my second in Chronicle mode, after I have their weapon and friendship maxed out? Other than just liking the character, obviously.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't watch the video because I'm at work, but is it just straight up chronicle mode but on vita? Or is it an expanded thing with more stuff to do.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I assume there's zero chance of us getting SB4 right

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

JoJos would make a good ultimate ninja storm-esque game tho, but not musou

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's written by the same guy who did Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did they ever end up patching the DW8 PC port to be less of a hackjob? I'm guessing not.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lotish posted:

I don't know what qualifies as "hack job" but they did release a few patches, and we got some of the important quality of life changes (like being able to make custom characters with any Way of Life title or tactic you've previously unlocked).

I was mostly looking for better controller support

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there any chance the PS4 version of Bladestorm will get a price drop or go on sale anytime in the near future?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Bladestorm is fun, but I did a single Nightmare mission and now I have more money than I know what to do with and maxed out the Sword stats despite having done only two missions in the main story. Oops.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It'll probably be the last-gen version like DW8 was.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

That's what TerraFormars is for.

.....That would actually make a decent Warriors style game.

Please make this happen

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope that they make a Terraformars musou game at some point

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

PW3 is really cool so far, but it's pretty silly how every single mission cut in dialogue or cutscene is recording blocked. Koei went kind of overboard this time

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jibo posted:

I don't know if there's any truth to it but a fellow Warriors enthusiast recently was telling me that the recording/streaming blocks are due to some kind of weird contract stipulation or licensing thing with the Japanese voice actors rather than TK just deciding that they don't want stuff recorded or streamed.

It probably is, and I could be wrong (I never tried recording stuff in a non stream environment on Touikden or SW4) but One Piece seems to keep audio intact when recording unlike their other titles so I guess blocking all the cutscenes and poo poo is a compromise. At that point I'd rather just be audioless though honestly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'd like to play One Piece Pirate Warriors at some point, but I'm way behind on the series (I'm watching the Alabasta arc right now for those of you who know the anime) and don't wanna get spoiled. Could someone please tell me what arcs each game covers?

Pirate Warriors 3 goes through the cliffnotes version of every major story beat as Tae posted, 2 is its own fake story so you could play that without spoilers (other than characters existing)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Dessarosa arc in PW3 is apparently an original work done in collab with the anime staff who do the filler stuff according to some article I read.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm still really sad that Arlong and Kuro still aren't playable in PW3...I always liked those villians.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

now that I think about it has kuro ever been playable in anything?

He's playable in Treasure Cruise...That's about it as far as I know.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The translation is a bit weird though, all the attack names are in kind of awkward English but they keep 'Kizuna' instead of just making it 'Bond'?

I liked how they made Mr 2's special "Oh Come My Way Karate" instead of Okama, unless that's the official english name change or something. Funny either way.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

I thought okamas were just flamboyant gays or hardcore transvestites, or has the language shifted since the 90s?

People make up their own definitions for words these days. You're correct in its meaning

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does Koei still refuse to use DirectInput or whatever for thier PC ports?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DQH doesn't play around with its "defend the X" maps. If you gently caress around even a bit you can easily lose before you can make it back to defend in time.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Nomura is actually cool.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Huh

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Bring on Disgaea Warriors.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I played like an hour of the wii u version of Orochi 3 and it didn't really grab me. Is the ps4 version better?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did Arslan Warriors end up being good? I'm itching for another game to play and It'd be either dropping 25bux on WO3U or waiting for Arslan. I never watched the anime or read the book or whatever. So if it's really only for the fans I'll pass.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wasn't terribly impressed with the demo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there any particular reason to use the recommended teams in Orochi 3? I'm enjoying it but it's getting kind of tedious switching to level 1 characters every other map and you don't get enough growth points during the story to bring them up to par.

Also so far all my deaths have been from getting stunlocked from full to 0 by the main villain dude at the end of some maps. Really annoying.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

So Arslan Warriors is out today and I have no idea what kind of warriors game it is. Anyone?

If the demo is anything to go by, its the bad kind.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's the vita version and still runs like poo poo last time I looked.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Game of Thrones Warriors confirmed

eugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like I'm the only person who really disliked DQH.