Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Joined the alliance against Dong Zhou as Liu Yan. Got my rear end kicked in minutes by a general using confiscate then his musou which killed me instantly. So I had no more revives left. Finally got down to Dong Zhou, brought him down to about 5% of his life...

Dong Zhou uses explosions!

And I get chained hit by explosions till I died :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've been playing the hell out of this game since it came out, about to finish up my second playthrough and man, I wish there was a way to make friendly AI not use strategems, or at the very least make them not use a strategem to convert my treasure base to a supply base. And lockdown too, its bad enough with the AI but if you got a jackass younger brother who thinks its hilarious to constantly lock you inside of a base :argh:

The lockout thing wouldn't be that big of an issue if bases had ladders and ramps that let you get outside of them, which was in another dynasty warriors game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is there a reason for me to assign prefects at all? I guess they defend the territory they're the prefect of? Doesn't seem that way though, I was the strategist of a kingdom that had a few prefects and a territory was under attack, I spent a turn getting my troops maxed out and the game says "This territory is under attack, the prefect is leading the defense. Turns until the territory is lost: 2". That doesn't sound like assigning a prefect will allow me to take a break and not having to always defend every territory ever (Which I have no problem in doing so I'm really not seeing why I should assign a prefect).

I guess in the same vein is there any reason to assign a marshal or a strategist when I'm the ruler? Again one playthrough I assigned a marshal and didn't get a strategist till the very end, and in another one I had neither and nothing seemed to change.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Going through an evil ruler playthrough and holy gently caress, these strategems are stupidly powerful. Did Koei really think your non evil/spouse/sworn sibling officers randomly defecting is a good equalizer :psyduck:?

Explosions and poison mist pretty much solo entire bases. I can stand next to 4 officers and do nothing and they'll all die. I outright routed 5 officers with base trap, I mean sure I had to lose the base for it to happen but its not like the base has 5 officers defending it anymore for me to just take it right back. Seriously, I am just boggled by how stupidly powerful the evil strategems are

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

U.T. Raptor posted:

For some reason you can only do skirmishes as your main guy though.

And only single player, sorry bro you gotta sit this out :(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

tooooooo bad posted:

Lu Bu does not gently caress around in DW8. :qq:
Probably shouldn't have killed Diao Chan

DW8 already sounds promising. Each new installment of Dynasty Warriors isn't Dynasty Warriors if Lu Bu doesn't gently caress you up proper when you first run into him :allears:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Yalborap posted:

Speaking of, is it just me, or do skirmishes not have any health items, anywhere? The only source of healing I've seen is at your bases, which of course you only have in proper invasions. Am I missing something, or do you really only get the one lifebar of juice on a skirmish?

It seems that way, there is an item that restores your life passively at the cost of having less defense. I never picked it up myself, but I imagine it will work in skirmishes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Now I wanna make Gunther :allears:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
To the goon that posted the youtube videos for the Three Kingdom series, I thank you. I've pretty much been watching the series nonstop for 2 days now. I just love the fight scenes cause it reminds me of cheesy 80's kung-fu movies :allears:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tae posted:

Someone hasn't played Dynasty Warriors demos.

Campaign of Nanman? 10 minutes.

This so hard, I remember playing the DW3 demo and yeah it was only 10 minutes. My brother and I ended up rushing down to see what would happen if we beat it in time. We were so wide eyed and innocent about the game that we went and rented the game itself.

And then we ran into Lu Bu :negative:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
gently caress Tingle, he keeps stealing those 100+ force gems in four swords. Also his stupid extortionate map deciphering services :mad:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is the DW:8E free version not on PS4? Everywhere I look people just mention the PS3 version and I don't see it on the playstation store.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
As long as you play under 2 hours. I tried to do a same day return last week but since I was at 4 hours they denied me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'd get it only if Kuja can be the very camp Zhang He of Squeenix Warriors.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tae posted:

Best Buy leaked Dragon Quest 2 release date, April 25th next year: http://gematsu.com/2016/12/best-buy-lists-dragon-quest-heroes-ii-ps4

So will DQ1 finally get a sale on steam or..?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tae posted:

It gets frequent sales in the square enix store, and that opens in steam anyway.

Eeeh, on black friday when they had the sale on their store (I couldn't grab it before they fixed their error of pricing the game for 18 bucks) it was actually more expensive on sale on their website then it was on steam not on sale. It was 30% off on their website for $41.99. On Steam it was $39.99

E: I mean I got a PS4 last night so I guess I can just grab it on my ps4 for half the price they want for the PC version.

Leal fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 1, 2016

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

chumbler posted:

Nights of Azure will be on steam on 2/7 I think. I like the game well enough, but I'd say wait for a sale.

gently caress, why do I buy games on my PS4 if they're all gonna come out on steam for a cheaper price?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That is what waiting for a steam sale is for :haw:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Lunethex posted:

Liu Bei will just not be a good enough character until he throws a baby.

Press □ to Angrily Toss Infant

code:
                    Throw Son
                        Y
Thank Zhao Yun X         	   B  Stare Intently

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bloodly posted:

You were also pretty much required to stick to your unit commander like a sponge, as he or she would provide healing and buffs to you.

WHAAAAAAAAT

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright so I actually confused destiny mode with xtreme mode in DW4XL and thought this whole time instead of buying health items and them inflating in price to the point they're unbuyable I could of just hung out with my allied commander to get free heals.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Hyrule Warriors has been announced for Switch and will apparently have Breath of the Wild costumes, plus all the content from the original and 3DS releases, including DLC.

Oh my god yessss

I got FE Warriors and honestly, I felt pretty disappointed by it and the whole time I was thinking "Maybe I should get my Wii U out and play some Hyrule Warriors"

I hope the switch version works better with split screen, doing missions that required killing x amount of troops in a time was impossible on split screen cause the game wouldn't render near as many enemies. Especially once the large boss enemies showed up.

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 12, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsTtNhNyA_o

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Morter posted:

Sincere question: how did licensing relate to language dubbing?

Check out FFX, where while the game DID come with a Japanese voice option, it would not allow you to put English subtitles if you used it. Cause of something in the contract. You CAN use our glorious nippon language, but you're not allowed to put filthy gaijin text on the bottom of the screen while its happening.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

WilliamAnderson posted:

Oh thank god. Mentioned in a pinned comment on this video review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0u_vUbT5jM

And preordered. PS you get a discount if you got Amazon prime.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

Which is the better Switch warriors game, Fire Emblem or Hyrule? Caveats: I haven't really played a zelda game since Twilight Princess, and the only FE characters I have any attachment to are from 7-10 (leaving me with just Lyn).

FEW has some extreme cloneage. Not only do a decent number of characters in HW have a gimmick of some sort (say Zelda gets charges that change up her charge abilities) but even if they're just bashing in heads they at least are animated differently and feel different. FEW is straight up the exact same combos on different characters, it feels like taking a regular Dynasty Warriors games and making 80% of the cast generic officers.

It does have some QoL that I'm surprised didn't get put on the definitive edition of HW (why can't I see what the target time, kills and damage for an A rank on the pause menu?), but I got bored real quick after the story as it didn't matter if the adventure battles would make me use certain characters, they all played exactly the same.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Playing Dynasty Warriors 3 and man I miss the OP bodyguards, or just bodyguards in general. Why did they phase those out?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

bodyguards were the best!!!!

they just scaled really poorly and didn't attack very much, that's all. I fuckin loved runnin around with my entourage

Imagine what they can do with the bodyguard system with current tech. Maybe have each bodyguard look unique from one another? Combo system with your groupies? Online integration so you can see other player's bodyguards protecting an enemy general? Dating sim?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Jesus christ, 12 bucks?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Also I don't understand what they're saying so I cannot gauge if they're doing it good or not

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My favorite thing of DW3 is the bodyguards :yaycloud:

Actually in 4 I remember one of the officer's scenarios being you holding a gate, and the gate had 2 entrances and you couldn't let enemies past the gate. So I took one and set up my elite bodyguards on the other.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
DW3 archers :unsmigghh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think this would be the best thread to ask about Attack on Titan 2: When does the shop restock? I've bought out stuff shortly after various stores have opened up, beat the story, and have done 30% of the scout quests and not a single one of them has restocked. Do I have to buy out their entire stock?

E: Alright, confirmed it. I bought out all the stock and like 4 missions later they restocked. Its either that or it seriously takes over half a game to restock.

Leal fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 28, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It seems to be based off number of missions but honestly the shop is pretty inefficient for raising friendship. It's nice if you're close to a level but honestly just taking a friend out on a scout mission gets you friendship EXP way faster.

Trying to get the merchant boss unlock so I can save on grinding cash to buy a million dusters :shepface:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

He Man is a stock dynasty warriors character, so how do you improve upon perfection

Its all about Man Chong

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jibo posted:

My problem with the Japanese voice acting is that it fucks up the audio cues. I pick up on them eventually but time spent diverting focus from the slaughter is just less fun.

I don't even know half the poo poo that is said in Attack on Titan during missions cause I couldn't take my eye off slaughtering hundreds of giant naked people to read what everyone was talking about.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Playing three houses has made me think... When are we gonna get a new Dynasty Tactics?

Whats that, I was the only one who ever played it? Oh :smith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tae posted:

They did 2 years ago, no one played it

uuuuuhhhhhhhhh what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

“Isekai Musou” (Other World Warriors)

I Died And Got Reincarnated As A General In The Three Kingdoms Era And All The Women Want To gently caress Me