Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

uiruki posted:

Hyrule Warriors just unlocked and it gets pretty drat choppy in portable mode. Definitely one to keep an eye on if you’re thinking of getting the western release.

Edit: it’s hardly Musou Stars levels of unplayable but it’s still a bit disappointing.

When it's docked it runs waaaay better - could really do with a 30fps cap option or a FEW style detail option as I think it could get to 60 a fair bit of the time if they scale it back a bit.

Anything has to be better than HW Legends. How does it compare to FEW in portable mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Help, I have a problem. I'm already 100 hours into FE Warriors on Switch, plan to get Hyrule Warriors again, and now I heard that One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 DX is coming to Switch in English as well. There's just not enough time to beat all this Musou!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

French Revolution Musou, let me kill the royalists and the clergy.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Actually yeah, a Musou game that goes from the revolution until 1830 would be great, Napoleon would be awesome, the Duke of Wellington, Louis Napoleon, and there are well definited costumes for the French Legion as well as the British army. Probably also have Prussians and Russians as well.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

LanceKing2200 posted:

Ugh, they are easily the worst part of the game. At least make it like, 25% of your max health so that way heart containers are an actual reward.

I'm so loving glad FEW switched to percentage of health as a damage rating. WHy on earth didn't they go back and fix that?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Gamebrained posted:

Small addition: The health damage score counter has been changed in this version. It is now percentage based, and for most battles you can take up to 150% of your character's health in damage and still keep the top rank. This also means that the bigger your character's health bar is, the more lenient this quota will be. It's a great change and gives an actual incentive for heart piece hunting.

Oh thank god. Mentioned in a pinned comment on this video review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0u_vUbT5jM

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I'm thinking of passing on WO4 until I see some good reviews or previews.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

ZiegeDame posted:

Someday someone will realize the solution to lack of weapon diversity in FE crossover games is to use fuckin' Hector and Ephraim.

Not having Hector was a goddamn crime. I assume FEW2 will be FE6-10 focused with some characters from Genealogy of the Holy War maybe.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

After playing Hyrule Warriors for quite some time I deeply regret first off buying it for my friend for Christmas and also purchasing it myself. These lovely boss fights are a complete deal breaker in my opinion. The mechanics for it are completely stupid and unfun (wait until you can use the one item that works on it during an opening while you can do nothing else :downsbravo:). They're not tough usually, just an awful time waster at best.

I really wish that whoever designed that system was fired.

There are ways around it but they aren't obvious. You can make a fairy learn the knock down skill that auto downs enemies, or use your magic finisher to do the same thing. They aren't great but the game is still great imo.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Policenaut posted:

Oh, so this is what they're doing with DW9: a Korean Smartphone MMORPG.

What the gently caress

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Give PC online co-op this time you jerks!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Why is the camera so dogshit in PW compared to HW?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

HenryEx posted:

Wizzro is fun to play. So is Cia.... in very small doses.
Tetra was in my like top 5 played characters too, i think.

Get rid of Ruto forever tho

They made her so much better in DE with her entire moveset being so much faster, I can't fault you for hating her but she's honestly very powerful

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Any idea when the HW2 DLC is coming out?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

HenryEx posted:

Cuz American market needs one localization (English, maaaaaaybe Spanish) and Europe needs five of them (British English, French, German, Spanish, Italian)

French Canadian my dude.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Does DQ Heroes 2 on PC ever go on sale? $80 CAD for a six year old game is brutal. Did they ever say why they didn't release it in English on Switch?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Morter posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes is good the first, maybe 2nd time around.

No kidding. I'm onto 5th playthrough to go for full completion and jeez is it a slog. Still need to get 12 more combat arts for the 100 combat arts, and a bunch of levelling for the 70,99, and 120 achievements and I am getting somewhat annoyed about how the weapon upgrading works. Having to unlock them upgrade repeatedly on separate menu options sucks honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hunter Noventa posted:

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Definitive Edition on PC is pretty good too. I haven't played the whole thing yet, but it plays well and has tons of content. Maybe a little bit on the harder side at default difficulty, at least when it comes to fighting some enemy commanders.

I never grew up on the PS2 Musous, not having camera lock on for commanders is driving me a little nuts.