Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish more Warriors games came out on PC, I had a whole bunch of fun with DW8, DW8:E and SW4-2.
Particularly SW4:E would be loving amazing to have. I really prefer SW-style combat and I love Empires.

EDIT: Seriously, whom do I have to blow to get Samurai Warriors 4: Empires on PC?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish Koei wouldn't ignore PCs so often.
I don't even mind their semi-lovely ports as long as I get to play some more Warriors.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Policenaut posted:

The game is coming out on Steam in the West.

Oh wow, you're right. That's neat.

Now if only they also released SW4:E on PC, I'd be ecstatic.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tae posted:

DQ heroes was better than Samurai Warriors 4-II and legends of asserland at least

No it wasn't.
IMO the best Warriors game (that's available on PC at least) is between SW 4-II and DW8:E.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Policenaut posted:

The best Empires game is Samurai Warriors 3's.

I feel like the Empires games are much more fun in general.
Because who gives a poo poo about story in Warriors and unlike the totally linear campaign of the normal game, Empires give s you a big sandbox of sorts to mess around in. Which is fun.

EDIT: Come on! SW4:E on PC. Geez.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone know what's the best way to grind skill books in SW4-2?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

Anyone want to sell or unsell me on SW4-2? Looking at it real hard on the Steam sale...

Samurai Warriors have the best combat system of all Warriors games that I've played.
You get a whole bunch of extra offensive and defensive mechanics to play with compared to Dynasty games and Hyper Attacks are like the best thing.

It's a very good and complicated enough brawler.
Playing through the game, I'm also quite amazed at how varied all the characters are. So that's pretty great too.

There's also some story and cutscenes there or sumshit but who cares about that.

Also regarding the controls.
Having a controller is a must for this one and it seems like XBone controllers are borked. I'm using a 360 controller and that one causes no problems though.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 26, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In DW8:XL's Ambition Mode, does picking higher difficulty on a mission raise the rewards you get from them?
I assume it does but I just wanted to be sure.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bloodly posted:

Somewhat, but it also increases the start point of the enemies and their ramp up in stats as you increase your win streak, at least as I recall.

Is there any real point in playing on anything other than Beginner in Ambition Mode then? Other than boredom I mean.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I think that the biggest glaring flaw with Dynasty Warriors is that Zhang He isn't wearing a mask.

KingShiro posted:

I've never played any of the "Empires" versions of the games in all my years of enjoying the franchise.

If you also happen to like either strategy games or Sims then Empires is the poo poo.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 28, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there any real reason to use non-Favorite weapons in DW8?
It seems weird that they even give you an option.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

So in about a week doesn't ROTK 13 release in English on Steam (after some weird delay)? Anyone have any insight on it? Worth buying, pass, etc.?

What is that game even? I've never seen that series before.

It kinda looks like Dynasty Warriors: Total War.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That Update is hella mojor.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Which Romance game is the best one if I primarily want to mess around with diplomacy and characters and stuff.
I've heard that X/10 is supposed to be the one along those lines?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Policenaut posted:

So uh Sanada Maru sounds kind of interesting. It's like they're slowly trying to merge Warriors with RoTK again but in a different direction from Empires.

That actually looks pretty great.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I dig Empires games more than usual ones so having more Empires-like features in more games is loving great, imo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So I just defeated Ma Chao as Wang Yi in DW8:E for the first time and I was quite disappointed that they didn't add a special voice line for that at least.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone know how detection works in Assassination missions in DW8:E? Is it just a sphere around Torch Troops?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I've heard that a lot of people hate DW6 because it changed way too many mechanics or something. Is it actually bad or just way different?
I was considering if it's worth the time to try it out just to see how it is.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The pretty much only thing that I don't really like when it comes to Warriors games is how one-sided the duels between officers are.
Once you learn the basics, every duel becomes a combo practice and there's no real way you can lose other than if you gently caress up running away from a reversal Aerial Musou and the only thing raising the difficulty does is make you spend more time beating up an enemy.

Maybe they'll improve that somehow in DW9. After all...

(whatever that means)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I kinda hope that they'll make troops more important.
Maybe make it so that you need troops to capture bases and you can just do everything yourself?
Dunno if maybe that would the game very tedious though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

That's what Bladestorm was and uh, yeah

I'll have to try that out.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AAAARGH! Why isn't there a mass sell button in DW8? I have reached the weapon limit (1200) and now I have to sell every weapon one by one which is a giant pain in the rear end.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Largepotato posted:

Think you can tag each weapon then sell at the end.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing but that's still 2 button presses per weapon (down - tag - down - tag, etc.) which is a giant pain when you need to sell 800 weapons.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Happy Hedonist posted:

I have this habit of buying these games, playing them for a couple of hours, and then shelving them. So, after a huge Dark Souls binge (played DS2 and DS3 through ng+ on 2 characters) I decided I needed a palate cleanser. I started with SW4E and have put about 60 hours in on it, am through most of the stories in SW4, and I started in on DW8 last night. I actually put a ton of time in Ambition mode in DW8 when it was released on PS4 but haven't touched it since, now I'm doing the stories. I still haven't touched WO3 but am really looking forward to it after getting familiar with the characters.

Please help me, my thumb hurts from pressing square and triangle.

TaurusOxford posted:

Stop pressing the buttons so hard, duh.

Don't listen to that ^ guy.
A Warriors playing session is not complete until your mashing fingers hurt.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Speaking of horses. I hope they'll improve horse pathfinding in future Warriors games.
Both in SW4-2 and DW8(E) very often if I hold the Horse Button while running the horse just loving runs all around me, failing to make contact with my character and let me climb up. I very often have to stop to let the horse approach me properly, which is very annoying.
For some reason though, I think Horse pathfinding is way better in DW8 than DW8E and SW4-2. It's absolutely retarded in SW4-2 specifically.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

They're gonna need a loooooot of extras, I guess.

It's going to be a new kind of play where they use the audience a whole lot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm glad Koei is releasing more of their stuff on PC.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hnnngg....Gimme gimme.

Just please god, let it run properly at 60 fps on PC, please.

EDIT: All I want is bug-free 1080p 60fps on a PC. Please don't gently caress this up.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 8, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Tecmo Koei announced their TGS 2016 lineup.

Kou Shibusawa has said he has a "surprise announcement" to make there as well, so hold onto your hats because Dynasty Warriors 9 may finally be incoming.

Berserk is coming to PC, right? Then why

is it not stated? Or did I dream about another Warriors game on PC?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Policenaut posted:

The PC release is Western-exclusive, just like the PS3 release is Japanese-exclusive.

Ah, that makes sense.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Belzac posted:

There's nothing wrong with the Toukiden port at this date.

30 fps lock. I'm not touching that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Belzac posted:

The game was made for 30 fps. It plays at 30 fps on the 4 console versions. It was designed from the system design up around that. Suck it up.

Err...How about a no? Just because consoles can't handle the game at 60 fps doesn't mean that it's some sort of gameplay decision they made to keep it at 30.
It's about the as dumb as saying that PS1 was rendering games at 320x240 because it was an artistic choice.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Drakenel posted:

Your choice, dude. But it's still kind of an odd thing to be picky about. Specially to folks like me who play old games that probably don't even reach that.

Lol? Even super mario bros. 3 ran at 60 fps.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Attack on Titan game is pretty loving great, I say.
It feels like they took a Warriors game and mixed it together with Monster Hunter and I'm quite enjoying the result.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Has TK at least fixed the the issue with ports where if you're using an Xbox One controller it spins around constantly?

I'm not sure but I've heard something about XBone controllers glitching, so maybe they haven't?

I've been using a 360 controller for all their games and I've never had any problems with those.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Have they said anything about a PC release of Toukiden 2?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

randombattle posted:

It gets samey pretty quick though because every single titan in the whole entire game is exactly the same. Fitting to the source material but not the most engaging.

randombattle posted:

At least in normal warriors games there's other characters. Everyone plays the same and aside from main guy turning into a titan they all have the same abilities.

Sorry but you're just wrong here.
First of all, I don't know how far into the game you got but as the game goes on you get introduced to more different kinds of Titans a lot of whom have their own unique gameplay mechanics and movesets.
I'm only at 60% completion so far but I've fought at least half a dozen distinct titans. Not the greatest variation but definitely not "all enemies are the same".
(Also, it's not like in DW you fought your opponents too differently based on what character it was. Locking one character in a combo is not much different from locking any other character).

Secondly, I've only max leveled 4 characters so far and if you're going for S-Ranks then each one of them has to be played very differently to be effective.
There's a major difference between Eren, that can be a Titan but doesn't have Chain Attack, or Levi, that doesn't get a fancy super but has an insane Chain Attack instead, or Armin, that has insanely poo poo stats and can barely fight the Titans on his own but instead he gets direct control of his followers.

EDIT: I'm not claiming that AoT is the most complicated game or anything but I've been enjoying it a whole lot lately. It uses a lot of Warriors concepts that I love but slaps slick as gently caress movement system on it and makes combat actually a bit more challenging and engaging.
My biggest problem with Dynasty Warriors has always been how simple the combat is and AoT kinda improves that a bit.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 1, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wow, second half of the Attack Mode really goes ham on the Monster Hunter-style of progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Xarbala posted:

And my long wait for a steam port begins.