Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Woah, that is way sooner than I expected. I probably won't get it right away, but it's really cool that it's coming to Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I did it. I 100%'d DW7. I don't have any regrets, but I don't have any joy either. Huh.

I'm not touching another Warriors game for months, but is the grind for DW8:XLC at least a little different of an experience? Doing the same three stages over and over again was a pretty tiring experience, and that's saying something with a series with not a whole lot of variation in its stages to begin with.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy

Brony Hunter posted:

Sima Yi is the chillest motherfucker in the universe in the Drama.

Uh, actually Pang Tong is.

Followed by Sima Yi.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Aw man, I wish they'd reboot Dynasty Tactics instead of making the silly Zhao Yun game.

Is there any info out on how ROTKXIII plays?

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Lol I knew Berserk was slow-paced, but what the heck happened to the guy to mess up releasing updates for so long?

Meanwhile, One Piece just keeps going.

There's kind of a huge gap in quality. And Miura is old and doesn't have the power of the stone mask like Araki.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
On the bright side I like some of the social aspects shown off. They chat and recruit Yue Jin in town (I guess it could just be a cutscene). There's marriage? Some sort of home life. Sun Ce and Zhou Yu become oath brothers. I think it's a good idea to create more interactions and cutscenes involving CAWs l, especially with how detailed character creation is. I just hope it's in service of more fulfilling campaigns instead of being fluff.

Would have been nice to see some of the strategic elements shown off. Gameplay from TGS shows you can field specific troops and can control units like normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Three Hopes grunts *could* kill you in the highest difficulty and mages would hurt you without you knowing with fanning projectiles.

SW5 had real jerk design choices with shield enemies that would disperse into crowds of mooks and stun you out of normal attacks long enough to get hit. There was also a tendency to hide a bunch of cavalrymen at the top of a steep summit behind archers or just past the horizon line who would charge forward in unison to get a cheap shot in.