Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

With Pirate Warriors 3 on sale for like $12 dollars on the Switch, I was wondering if that’s still worth it with Pirate Warriors 4 coming out next year? Are PW sequels generally straight upgrades or are there reasons to go back to older entries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Brother Entropy posted:

they've confirmed that not every character in PW3 is going to be in PW4, if that helps influence your decision

Hell, I guess that’s good enough for $12. Apparently the story mode for PW3 ends in the middle of Dressarossa, which is coincidentally where I stopped reading keeping up with the manga so it’ll be perfect as refresher

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, with BotW out now you'd obviously have to add Prince Sidon and the 4 Champions as well.

You could probably get movesets out of Paya and Riju as well.

Also give me Link from the Oracle games but his ‘weapons’ are just the different animal buddies

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I think HW2 is better than the first in every way except level/mission design.

Which to be fair is at least half the game so it’s a toss up

Scrap Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 4, 2021

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

lowercase16 posted:

I was starting to think I the only one who LIKES the classic map design and gameplay. I like starting out behind the 8-ball and then systematically destroying the enemies' bases and morale. I take my time and take every base before I even think of going after the boss.

The games that move away from that - HW: Age of Calamity, Dynasty Warriors 9, and now likely P5 Strikers - have been leaving me cold. I'll probably still try Strikers, but it's on the back burner for me now. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to it.

You’re not alone and it’s honestly killed my interest in P5S

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Man, I jumped into Pirate Warriors 4 after because I was hungry for more One Piece after catching up on the manga, but man, this game feels so limp compared to the Zelda/FE musous. Like it feels bad to press buttons in PW4. PW3 felt the same way when I tried it out a few years ago.

How are the mainline Dynasty/Samurai Warriors in comparison? I haven't played one of those since the PS2 era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Sakurazuka posted:

Is it worth playing Three Hopes if you're extremely unlikely to ever get around to playing Three Houses first.

In addition to what other people have said, there's a free demo you can try