Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I bought DW8 digital for the PS3, but will absolutely be getting 8+XL for the PS4... it would be nice if they have some sort of discount upgrade program, but that is probably just wishful thinking.

It better have local coop though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I imagine this is going to be a trophy clusterfuck.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
What? I thought it was running at 60fps?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It still has split screen coop, right?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

5er posted:

Just imagine an American Civil War musou.

We need a Liberty or Death musou like yesterday.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoga posted:

I can't help but feel a little disappointed that the ps4 version doesn't look much better than the ps3 version while being unable to keep a steady frame rate. I'm just going to assume it will eventually be patched up like the wii u version of orochi.

the resolution is nice at least... I have a feeling if you gave Omega Force the entire computing power of Amazons cloud they would produce a 30 fps game. I just come to expect it at this point.

and I'm on my phone so I can't multiquote well, but Lunethex I haven't noticed any new spoken dialog yet, though I've only played for a few hours so far. Lu Bu's story cut scenes are voiced, but the narration isnt.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Drakenel posted:

It took me way, way too long to figure out how to raise leadership level in DW8:XL

....go on.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ok that makes sense. I was messing around with commands every once in a while and noticed things like fame +5 pop up, but now I see exactly why. Spamming the 4th one really does speed up the progress - thanks!

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Drakenel posted:

You get +30 feat for a successful bodyguard ploy, so yeah.

Also, it looks like you get feat for playing levels in free mode. Free mode now includes bodyguards it seems, but I just did a level (Yellow Turban Rebellion) on hard, without any bodyguards, and went from level 1 leadership to level 7. I don't know if you gain it from doing the new battle objectives or what.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jibo posted:

Ugh. So I've gotten a few of the 6 star weapons and it looks like they gave them all Heaven as the affinity just like the regular 5 stars. Which means we still have like four or five characters with only Heaven special weapons.

One of the options in the new weapons customization is changing the affinity of a weapon... can you do this for 6 star weapons or are the blocked?

And am I reading this right, and XL has added ANOTHER level of super weapons to get? The secret weapons of base DW8 were 5 star, right?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There really isn't a preferred "order," though I would definitely do Jin last, and probably Lu Bu second to last. Jin occurs after the events of Wei/Wu/Shu, and Lu Bu would be more interesting once you are familiar again with the "actual" stories.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
That is true, the Lu Bu characters all start at level 30 for some reason, so you will get high level weapons from playing it. Story wise you can do it before Jin, but it will make Jin easy because you will find sick weapons to use.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think it is just how it does online. I play online with two PS3's in the same room, and you would be surprised how many games are straight up wacky when you play online. DW8 we noticed that officers could be in completely different spots on each others maps, and whoever kills their version first removes the officer from the map. And then Resident Evil: Revelations, sometimes there are like 50 feet differences in monsters between games.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It sounds really dumb and bad that officers aren't consistent, but if you are playing "strategically" both players are rarely near each other so it doesn't really matter in the end.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently they are porting the PS3 version, which is hilarious because the PS4 is a loving PC yet they picked the version with the absurd architecture to port from :psyduck:

Also here are some screens:

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/03/17/75229.html

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Yardbomb posted:

What's the best version of DW7 to pick up, Empires?

Depends on what you want. If you want a real story get the base DW7 game, and if you want to keep playing with your characters on new maps and such get the XL expansion afterwards. If you just want to goof around and conquer with your own empire (but no story) get Empires. It is hard to say which is "best" because the games have a totally different focus.

edit: the DW7 telling of the story is probably my favorite of the whole series, so I would highly suggest playing it.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

TARDISman posted:

I feel like this is a little more accurate. It's a sign of bad things over there if the 360/One outperforms a system.

I wouldn't worry about that, last week the Vita TV sold 4x more than the 360. The PSP sold like 8x more.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

Everyone here does, but it won't happen since the Japanese don't care about that and they seem to be the only ones interested in making this genre of game.

Hah, so I looked up if Liberty or Death had a Japanese release (it did), and discovered it was designed by Stieg Hedlund, who happened to be a lead designer for Diablo, Diablo 2 and Star Craft :stare:

And he was going to collaborate with David Lynch on a video game :stare: :stare:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think all but like, 1 or 2 missions are coop. The story levels you are given 2-4 characters to choose from each level, but you can play any level in free mode which lets you pick any character, and for most fights either side.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PureRok posted:

People seem to say to do Lu Bu's last. Jin should definitely come after you've done Shu, Wu, and Wei. They don't matter very much what order you do them in. I usually do them Shu, Wu, then Wei, since Wei transitions into Jin pretty well (since they're related). Others say to just alternate between Shu, Wu, and Wei. Like, Shu 1 then Wu 1 then Wei 1.

Just, do Lu Bu's last is mostly what I've heard consistently.

Lu Bu last is because it starts you out at a higher level, so you will get weapons that will make you really powerful if you go back and do the other campaigns. Plus, playing the 3 campaigns first gives you context as to why Lu Bu owns so much.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PureRok posted:

I agree. 7 is the one I recommend to people who can't decide between 7 or 8 when getting back into the series since the PS2 era. The only thing I like more about 8 is the ability to choose who you play as (even if it's only a small choice) per level.

Plus no coop in 7's campaign is completely lame. The only way to do it is through XL, but even then it is a really idiotic setup where you have to individually select and play every story level, and even then only after you have already beaten it single player.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The only good bow seems to be the one that new Wu guy (the one that looks like an elf and never shuts up about fire) uses... and even it isn't great. But at least he is super mobile while using it.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I mean... it isn't good... but you can strafe like a mofo!

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Prism posted:

He's no He Man.

Aren't most of these guys Nanman troops? It would be cool if in 9 they get their own campaign Lu Bu style, but then again I have no idea how much backstory they have either historically or ROTK.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
XL does not come with the base game. Get 7.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Does anyone else just use two ex-weapons for their characters? Like, I've got Zhong Hui using one heaven and one earth set of flying swords. Like, if I want to use another weapon, I'll use another character.

If you do this with Lu Bu and constantly switch between them it is pretty much cheating.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

senae posted:

So is DW8XLCE the best version of 8, or is there a potential better one?

Yes, that will be it for the base 8 game. There is an 8 Empires game coming out, but that is a different style game (no story, you sort of build your own dynasty, it has create a character, etc).

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If any game were in need of some sort of season pass for DLC, Dynasty Warriors is it.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It is seriously confusing how we have been conditioned to replace $800 phones every single year, yet there is an incredible amount of resistance to moving on from 9 year old PS3s and 10 year old 360s.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Just to confirm, you can play the entire Orochi 3 game on the PS4 split-screen from the start, right? I don't think this has been an issue since like Dynasty Warriors 7, but I just want to make sure.

cool, thanks.
VVVVVV

abagofcheetos fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 11, 2016

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This is apparently a thing:

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/dynasty-warriors-live-action-movie-production

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
has the most important question been answered: is there still coop?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is there still no coop? :(

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Takoluka posted:

WHERE'S MY SWITCH VERSION

Taintrunner posted:

it would be nothing but an endless chain of 1v1s

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The GIG posted:

When's Liberty Or Death

This would be the goat musou

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Drakenel posted:

The VA isn't that bad, sheesh. What they should be making fun of is how everyone that does these gameplay videos always sucks rear end at the simplest game. They don't mix up the attacks, they don't pick up the drops, they spend a ton of time just staring at the menus and not doing anything. And they'll just swing at nothing or stand still for periods of time.

going for that cpu enemy experience

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Airspace posted:

For a small project I have brewing, I've got a question for real old-school KOEI fans.

Are there any major gameplay differences between the SNES and PSX versions of ROTK IV?

Twitch plays the unification of china

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hosed up that ill probably play Orochi 4 before DW9 solely because of the inclusion of coop.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Good lord someone please provide context to that glorious trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's an official movie being made in China, due out next year.

Director: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3469952/

I can't wait!!!!!!!