Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I loved Sengoku Basara, but I found DW7 to be utterly terrible. Controls were stiff and awkward, animations were bad as well. Is Samurai Warriors or Warriors Orochi worth checking out or do I need to bite the bullet and import SB:Utage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

The GIG posted:

If I can suggest something, I'd say get Warriors Orochi 3. That is arguably the best pure Warriors game out there and everything in it is co-op friendly.

Warriors Orochi was so much better than DW7 for me it's not even funny. Pick it up, it's definitely worth getting. (or Sengoku Basara)

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
Are they including any of the DLC or anything in the WiiU version or is it basically the same as the 360/PS3 but with duel mode/new chars? I already own the 360 version and a little bit of the DLC.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
Was wondering why this thread was at the top of the forum and holy poo poo OP:PW2! I'm super excited! I wish I'd known about this earlier.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
Question, if I wasn't a fan of DW7 because of the stiffness of the controls but liked Sengoku Basara, is DW8XL any better or just more of the same?

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

It plays like a Dynasty Warriors game. If you want a Sengoku Basara game, get a Sengoku Basara game.

Well, fair enough. :\

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

I didn't mean that in a cockish way, I just meant that Dynasty Warriors is its own franchise and Sengoku Basara is its own franchise. No Dynasty Warriors game is ever gonna get to a point where it plays as fast as Sengoku Basara, so it's best not to get your hopes up for that if that's what you're looking for.

Yeah, that's a fair answer, just a disappointing one, since SB3U and SB4 haven't (and probably won't) make it stateside.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
How are the gundam musou games if you're a fan of the more fluid OP:PW or sengoku basara style combat?

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Dramicus posted:

Well isn't that fantastic, why bother advertising pre-loading in the first place?

Which Gundam is this and for which platform?

Edit: looks like GW:Reborn and for PS3. Derp.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

TARDISman posted:

No idea how or why but DWG: Reborn just started its download!

Someone post in here when I can buy it, page was just an overview with no buy link earlier :(

Edit: and it's up!

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

PureRok posted:

If I've never watched Gundam, and don't plan too, and the most I ever had anything to do with the series was a Gundam action figure a friend got me as a present when I was 11 will/could I enjoy this new Gundam game? Is it like DW where I can just blow up robots with a cool laser sword?

I was never a fan of Gundam (the weird space drama thing most of them ended up being turned me off, since I was just in it for the gigantic robots) but so far the gundam wing game is pretty rad. It shortens all the big arcs into a few cutscenes from what I can tell which speeds them up to much more tolerable, and gives you enough plot that you feel like there's a point to killing a billion robots. It's fun, too, I'm a pretty big fan so far.