Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
So I was into Dynasty Warriors years ago, and I'd like to pick up 7 for nostalgia's sake. Do I buy 7, 7 and XL, just XL? How do the XL versions work these days? The only one I used was 3 or 4 back in the PS2 disc swapping days. Do they use the same data now (do you keep levels/stuff from 7 in XL or do you have to earn it all over again?). Also is it better on PS3 or 360? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Belzac posted:

If you just want to get back into it I'd just pick up 7 for starters and if you burn through that and want more, get XL. XL is best thought of as an expansion pack. It adds more content and characters but you need to disk swap to play the old content with the new features.

You can take all your levels and items and etc from 7 to XL but not from XL back to 7. So if you're a person that plays for achieves you'll want to max out 7 first before moving on to 7. You can still use the disk swapping to play 7's content but you'll still be considered in XL for achievements.

I only play Warriors games on PlayStation but the Xbox version is a direct port minus the possibility of using XL. If you have the option of one or the other, probably PS3 because it's the native console and the option to play more is there if you want it.

Thanks, that helps. I'm gonna Amazon this in!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh I dunno, I read that they were entirely too heterosexual and the Tokugawa government banned them for being too burlesque.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izumo_no_Okuni

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
So if I haven't played a warriors game in a number of years and I want to buy one, which is the one to do for? I think the last DW game I played was 7, SW was 2, and I've never played an Orochi

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Pirate Warriors 3

I don't know anything about One Piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Oh, I guess I should add that I'm going to play on PC ideally because I'm mainly looking for a fun low-thinking game to play while I bike, and the consoles are all in the living room.

So does the pirates 3 recommendation still stand for the PC port?