Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Ghaz has found them :getin:

well someone's gonna get krumped... do'em in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Kylaer posted:

This is my home on the internet and I'm scared to venture outside of it :ohdear: But truly, I don't care about publishing for money, that's what my actual job is for, but I do care about hearing feedback, it's a big motivator for me. If I posted to those sites would I be likely to reach more of an audience?

Here are the links to the old posts:

The tone of the stories kind of seesaws depending on what I was trying to do with the piece, some are more about exploring the setting, some are more slapstick or targeted directly for laughs. As always, I love hearing peoples' thoughts.

I'm ashamed to say that I passed these by back in 2015, but I read them all today and enjoyed them.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Holy poo poo just had a revelation on the surviving Eldar gods

You got Khaine the warrior, you got Isha the healer of disease and then you got cegorathambor (I ain't spelling his name) the trickster.

Did these three survive because their Chaos equivalent intervened? Like we know Isha and Khaine did. Did Tzeneetch interfere to save the trickster?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

bunnyofdoom posted:

Holy poo poo just had a revelation on the surviving Eldar gods

You got Khaine the warrior, you got Isha the healer of disease and then you got cegorathambor (I ain't spelling his name) the trickster.

Did these three survive because their Chaos equivalent intervened? Like we know Isha and Khaine did. Did Tzeneetch interfere to save the trickster?

Khaine did not survive; he was shattered or torn to pieces and there doesn't seem to be anything in eldar mythology about those pieces coalescing into a whole again. Cegorach hid in the webway and Isha was abducted by Nurgle and is used to test the virulence of his plagues.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

This thing about Sigmar lying? What's it about? That there can be more stormcasts?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Azubah posted:

This thing about Sigmar lying? What's it about? That there can be more stormcasts?

In a bit of a disappointment, the interesting tagline just ended up referring to the idea that stormcast lose their memories and personalities over time, something already known.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Fearless posted:

Khaine did not survive; he was shattered or torn to pieces and there doesn't seem to be anything in eldar mythology about those pieces coalescing into a whole again. Cegorach hid in the webway and Isha was abducted by Nurgle and is used to test the virulence of his plagues.

I argue it is close enough since none of the other gods did the shattered existence. And everytime an avatar of Khaine shows up, the bloods and skulls flow.....

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
The whole Khaine/Khorne thing gets played with a bit, especially in fantasy but its, imo, always been pretty clearly portrayed as different entities with everyone kinda shrugging on how they realize its stupid/weird but thats how it is.

Also Cegorach is supposed to be an absolute slippery and tricky bastard and I would extremely upset at the writers and the setting if they said he got away with it cause of ol crow boy.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 22, 2024

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Warhammer elves won't accept any god that isn't terrifically elfy. It is entirely possible that khorne tried to split an aspect of himself off to get some elf worship, and came back a thousand years later to find that it had grown an entire religion and was calling him slurs.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
There is an older piece of lore where Khaine's splintering is because of Khorne and Slaanesh fighting over him but I'm not sure specifically where it's from

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sharkopath posted:

In a bit of a disappointment, the interesting tagline just ended up referring to the idea that stormcast lose their memories and personalities over time, something already known.

I was hoping it would be chaos stormcast but it was just the new editions's starter set

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 22, 2024

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Lame. Would've been cool for chaos ones or that sigmar didn't make them.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Would have been a terrible idea. There are already Sigmarines, and Nagash's undead-Sigmarines were already an unnecessary variation. Chaos Sigmarines, another ten or so plastic sets crowding GW's already strained warehouse and inability to keep things in stock? The ToW launch is already hampered with folks getting parts of their orders canceled.

I'm 'yucking' other people's 'yum', I know, but it's a terrible idea to add yet another Chaos sub-faction, and even worse idea to base it off the singular most boring, cookie-cutter faction.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Ynnead is around now too, right? So that'd be two full, not-being-nurgle-quality-tester Eldar gods out and about doing elfy things.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Turns out Sigmar wasn't the lost 2nd legion primarch, he was actually the 11th

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
There is a Chaos Stormcast and it's Eternus. As anything other than a one off it's an insanely stupid idea since Slaves to Darkness already fill the role of heavily armored chaos dudes way better than slapping a chaos star on a Stormcast.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/d6gcraig/status/1771167884556857779?t=IfyEciYmCq8o-ofiVVYkGA&s=19

(Un)Holy poo poo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Aren’t the Golden Daemons judged backward? Like all entries are judged according to painter errors and not due to matters of taste like color choices and such. Iirc it’s why smaller sculpts tend to win. Less surface area means less opportunity for error. I wouldn’t swear to any of this, I read it somewhere ages ago.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

Aren’t the Golden Daemons judged backward? Like all entries are judged according to painter errors and not due to matters of taste like color choices and such. Iirc it’s why smaller sculpts tend to win. Less surface area means less opportunity for error. I wouldn’t swear to any of this, I read it somewhere ages ago.

Based on some of the entries I've seen win over their competition over the years it wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

It's great but symptomatic of how a lot of high level miniature painting is meant to be appreciated in 2D form. It'll look amazing from one specific set of angles and really odd from all others.

It's extremely creative but nothing in the actual painting technique really stands out (at GD level) - most of the goons in the mini painting thread can probably paint to this level with some degree of effort even if we're not creative enough to come up with the concept.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I feel like the concept and modeling effort should count for something. It's well executed with decent painting.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Z the IVth posted:

It's great but symptomatic of how a lot of high level miniature painting is meant to be appreciated in 2D form. It'll look amazing from one specific set of angles and really odd from all others.

It's extremely creative but nothing in the actual painting technique really stands out (at GD level) - most of the goons in the mini painting thread can probably paint to this level with some degree of effort even if we're not creative enough to come up with the concept.

The instagram post actually shows it flipped and from both sides and it looks great there too. The guy put in significant effort specifically to avoid the “only look at this from one angle” problem.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The instagram post actually shows it flipped and from both sides and it looks great there too. The guy put in significant effort specifically to avoid the “only look at this from one angle” problem.

All the individual bits are very well done. I mean the composition as a whole only works from one angle because it doesn't really make sense from the others. I don't mean to say the painter has skimped on painting the underside and I'm sure if you split it in half you would end up with 2 still amazing if less creative pieces.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This is something that would be a snap in 3D printing, I can't imagine having to model "mirror Z axis" by hand.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

moths posted:

This is something that would be a snap in 3D printing, I can't imagine having to model "mirror Z axis" by hand.

I just assumed it was 3D print with maybe some bits added on like the ghosts. Only explanation that makes sense and it's not like the judges are going to scrape the paint off to go "aha it's a 3d print, off to the bin with you!".

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

moths posted:

You would """""""only""""""" need to make two regularly mirrored models, then glue the bases together.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Z the IVth posted:

I just assumed it was 3D print with maybe some bits added on like the ghosts. Only explanation that makes sense and it's not like the judges are going to scrape the paint off to go "aha it's a 3d print, off to the bin with you!".

I saw that it was hashtagged golden daemon, so I figured the normal GW rules applied.

They'd also need a printed (mirrored) scan of an AoS figure, which is way beyond anything I'd try to pass off at a GW competition.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The Golden Demon winners were announced and the vampire reflection piece took gold and the slayer sword.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/24/golden-demon-2024-winners-revealed-at-adepticon/

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/MeU_317/status/1772226384007455148?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Should have been a Space Hulk issued Cyber-Altered Task

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

The reason the God-Emperor hasn't gotten up from his seat on the Golden Throne for 10,000 years is because a felid is sleeping in his lap.

e: Glad the super cool mirrored vampire won the Slayer Sword. It's an excellent concept fantastically executed.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 26, 2024

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Z the IVth posted:

All the individual bits are very well done. I mean the composition as a whole only works from one angle because it doesn't really make sense from the others. I don't mean to say the painter has skimped on painting the underside and I'm sure if you split it in half you would end up with 2 still amazing if less creative pieces.

I saw it in person and it looked amazing from every angle. I guess I didn't hop on top of the case.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

AnEdgelord posted:

There is a Chaos Stormcast and it's Eternus. As anything other than a one off it's an insanely stupid idea since Slaves to Darkness already fill the role of heavily armored chaos dudes way better than slapping a chaos star on a Stormcast.

I don't want Chaos Stormcast as much as I want broken and disillusioned Stormcast renegades that have created their own enclave kingdoms and have to balance fighting for their ideals with the need to survive lest they be cast back into the forge.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

LashLightning posted:

Would have been a terrible idea. There are already Sigmarines, and Nagash's undead-Sigmarines were already an unnecessary variation. Chaos Sigmarines, another ten or so plastic sets crowding GW's already strained warehouse and inability to keep things in stock? The ToW launch is already hampered with folks getting parts of their orders canceled.

I'm 'yucking' other people's 'yum', I know, but it's a terrible idea to add yet another Chaos sub-faction, and even worse idea to base it off the singular most boring, cookie-cutter faction.

It just seems like an obvious way to go in the future.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I kind of feel Chaos Sigmarines already exist, they're just called Chaos Warriors, given they're already stronger than mortals and explicitly empowered by the Dark Gods. Obviously it's not a 1:1 thing.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Sigmarines are literally just Order Warriors and its very weird to go "Well why doesnt chaos have any"

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Telsa Cola posted:

Sigmarines are literally just Order Warriors and its very weird to go "Well why doesnt chaos have any"

They should have inverted the trope and let the "Good guys/Order" bury their evil counterparts under a mountain of bodies instead of having supermen of their own.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Z the IVth posted:

They should have inverted the trope and let the "Good guys/Order" bury their evil counterparts under a mountain of bodies instead of having supermen of their own.

Then it would still be a dumb fantasy clone of 40k.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

*looks at OG warhammer fantasy*

Yeah that would be wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/27/discover-the-untold-story-of-the-siege-of-vraks-in-this-new-death-korps-of-krieg-novel/

This week's Black Library reveal is a new Death Korps of Krieg book, set on Vraks.

Obviously there's a collectors edition version.