Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Telsa Cola posted:

I think if people running other armies are going "Oh uh wow yikes", which sounds like the case, then it's a pretty bad nerf.

Two of the best players in the world, who make a living playing and talking about this game, just said on camera "This is the worst codex we have seen in the last five years". They have been wrong in the past but I agree that it looks dreadful from a design point of view. As a custodes player, I'm glad I've got into Kill Team recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/17/court-lelith-hesperax-in-a-new-special-edition-novel-from-black-library/

This weeks Black Library news is definitely not something I would've expected to happen.

Because it's Lelith Hesperax: Queen of Knives by Mike Brooks.

Guess Da Big Dakka gave him a taste for more.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Are women just worse custodes?

j/k

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

MariusLecter posted:

Are women just worse custodes?

j/k

Yes. Men are also just worse custodes.

Sorry, I don’t make the rules. :biotruths:

Cooked Auto posted:

This weeks Black Library news is definitely not something I would've expected to happen.

Hell yeah. Keep with those Xenos books.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Take my money, Mike!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I liked Brook's deldar in Da Big Dakka, I'll be curious to see how that style works when it's the primary viewpoint of a book.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Nice.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Just finished Da Big Dakka. Top book, loadsa fun.

I have just worked out what GW should do next with the setting:

The Emperor of Mankind was interred on the Golden Throne

The Empress of Mankind steps off it 10k years later!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

notaspy posted:

Just finished Da Big Dakka. Top book, loadsa fun.

I have just worked out what GW should do next with the setting:

The Emperor of Mankind was interred on the Golden Throne

The Empress of Mankind steps off it 10k years later!

I mean the Star Child is a thing again and GW hasn’t specified their gender…

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Big E is genderqueer by "his" nature anyway, slay emperxr

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Black Griffon posted:

slay emperxr

— Horus Lupercal, upon awakening on Davin after his ordeal

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I was there when the Emperor slayed.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sephyr posted:

'Betrayer' has the flag-captain of the World Eaters fleet as one of the POV characters, and shows two separate, massive voidfights in decent detail.

Betrayer is also a good book in its own right, and the flag-captain is a recurring character.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Lotara Sarin, who shot a World Eater in the (helmeted) face for deserting his post. :allears:

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Black Griffon posted:

Big E is genderqueer by "his" nature anyway, slay emperxr

This is 100% canon, by the way, everyone. Malcador explicitly states in the End and Death that the being we know as the Emperor has been male, female and neither over the long years in "his" various different aspects.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When you read the book, the pronouns adapt to what you expect them to be. His psychic aura is that powerful

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Guilliman has the Emperor's Sword, the Lion the Emperor's Shield, and when the Khan returns he'll be resplendent in the Emperor's Cat-themed Knee Socks.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

lost for ten thousand years; the emperor's blåhai

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

lost for ten thousand years; the emperor's blåhai

someone go check with the Carcharodons

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Guilliman has the Emperor's Sword, the Lion the Emperor's Shield, and when the Khan returns he'll be resplendent in the Emperor's Cat-themed Knee Socks.

Guilliman: Brother! I see father has gifted you his bike!

The Khan: It's not a bike, it's a chopper, baby.

Guilliman: wait, what?

The Khat: That's what he told me, I have no idea what does that mean.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Corax returns, gets the Emperor's Fedora.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Sephyr posted:

Theres a dozen super neat poo poo they could do with corax and that would be the least cool.

Like what the hell is he now

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Warden posted:

This is 100% canon, by the way, everyone. Malcador explicitly states in the End and Death that the being we know as the Emperor has been male, female and neither over the long years in "his" various different aspects.

Yes, this was very clever. The Emperor is masculine but the Emperor is just one of the many aspects that nameless entity has worn. The entity has been the entire tarot deck of identities and chose the Emperor in that time and place. No doubt didn't intend to get stuck in it, not to mention in hideous torment, for the next 10,000 years.

Sephyr posted:

No that's clearly Perturabo's.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

Theres a dozen super neat poo poo they could do with corax and that would be the least cool.

Like what the hell is he now

Corax has never been and will never be cool.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Corax has never been and will never be cool.

He's a weird shadowy daemon prince thing who is maybe a loyalist going after one of the lamest traitor primarchs so hes cool through comparison to his nemsis, sorry those are the facts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kylaer posted:

Need to edit the Perturabo computer glow image to include a fedora.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Kylaer posted:

Finding out that it was bequeathed to him is what's gonna switch Pert back to the Imperium's side. He's going to remain just as much of a chud, though.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
:perfect:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/17/court-lelith-hesperax-in-a-new-special-edition-novel-from-black-library/

Guess Da Big Dakka gave him a taste for more.

Hell yea

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Speaking of Corax, are raven guard the chapter with the fewest books written about them? Aside from the heresy, I think they have like one short story collection set in 40k (sons of corax), that is mostly about another chapter anyway

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kylaer posted:

Yes, this was very clever. The Emperor is masculine but the Emperor is just one of the many aspects that nameless entity has worn. The entity has been the entire tarot deck of identities and chose the Emperor in that time and place. No doubt didn't intend to get stuck in it, not to mention in hideous torment, for the next 10,000 years.

I guess that adds an interesting twist to the Star Child.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

He's a weird shadowy daemon prince thing who is maybe a loyalist going after one of the lamest traitor primarchs so hes cool through comparison to his nemsis, sorry those are the facts.

imo Lorgar was cool mid heresy when he was actually doing poo poo, now he just sits in a tower and reads all day, go out and play with your goth brother you big nerd

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Lorgar is living the dream.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Sephyr posted:

Seriousish answer, since we really didn't see it used in volume 3, I bet we finally get something on the Emperor's Claw!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Arbite posted:

Seriousish answer, since we really didn't see it used in volume 3, I bet we finally get something on the Emperor's Claw!

Aka The Emperor's buttscratcher.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Arbite posted:

Didn't his left hand get minced by Horus in the final fight?

Would be an interesting point if the Emperor was the toxic masculine aspect he took for the final battle and he chucked off all the female/motherly bits as the Star Child.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The ejected traits are conventionally "feminine" so that's a pretty safe bet.

It's going to be amazing.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

Would be an interesting point if the Emperor was the toxic masculine aspect he took for the final battle and he chucked off all the female/motherly bits as the Star Child.

Oh hey is this why all the living saints are female?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Z the IVth posted:

I feel like this might be somewhat what was being hinted at but without being quite as gender reductive about it.