Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
while i realize it is not the comic book forum, is it acceptable to ask about 40k comics in here?

i have a physical copy of Imperial Gothic, which I like, and is fun, but a lot of the comics seem to be GW selling poo poo "oh here's a necron army oh and now space marines are fighting tau too and oh wow theres eldar look at all the poo poo you can buy" and they're kind of crummy in terms of story.

are there any good ones out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I really enjoyed the short story collection The Accursed, are there any other similar short story collections?

E: i've read all the abnett stuff I probably should have specified. I do really appreciate the suggestion dude below me.

lonelylikezoidberg fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 11, 2022

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Are there corporations in Wh40k?

I know there is some level of capitalism at the individual level, people own shops or businesses or whatever.

It seems like goods produced on large scale are produced under the auspices of the state, either directly or through some form of quota system.

Phrases like "subsector trade" are often used in WH40k but is most Interstellar trade operated through the Administratum and its agents? Or is there some sort of commercial fleet?

If it is the latter I guess that implies the existence of multi-planetary commercial entities.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

FPyat posted:

People's thoughts on Grim Repast?

I prefer a lighter lunch

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I never got the impression that the Orks believed in reincarnation, it was just that Ghaz needed there to always be a Makari, so there always was. It was his position as the focus of so much WAAAGH energy that allowed him to basically bring him back from the dead, an Orc version of Imperial miracles or Chaos boons

Yeah way back in like the 2nd or 3rd edition of the rulebook it explicitly states that Orks believe their spirits will be vomited back into another body after they die by Gork or Mork.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The Imperium should only be inwardly lovely on basis of class and species.

This is the correct opinion

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Sephyr posted:

I like that implication little and less. About as useful as nipples on a breastplate.

How else are you going to intimidate the enemy with the size of your areolas if you don't have your nipples represented on your armor?

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Siivola posted:

They probably were literally a child during 4th edition and formed a deep emotional bond with the lore of the day.

I started out in 2003 or something, took a long break, and now my mind just slides right off any Primaris stuff. :v:

I mean "space marines but even more super" is not exactly a thrilling narrative development.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I too would like to see a book of space marines sucking and loving like the knights templar, but has anyone ever cleared up it up whether they actually have genitals? I vaguely remember some sort of assertion that they don't have cocks.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

:hmmwrong:

THEY ARE MEMBERS OF THE GENESTEALER CULT AND THE CHILD IS A BABY PURESTRAIN

but also

There are other genestealer cultists in the craft that are members of the Adeptus Administratum so you guessed that part right

Isn't that the end twist of a 40k short story? I feel like I've read it before.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

rufius posted:

I’m not sure I’m gonna make it through Galaxy in Flames. Ben Counter is like a bad GRRM, spending endless paragraphs describing every vein and mole one Horus’s dick.

Sweet gently caress what a boring book.

All I want to know is if Horus is cut or uncut

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

War and Pieces posted:

first we need to know whether or not he's actually Italian

Stealing Italian valor is the greatest heresy of all.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Warhammer: it all comes down to dicks

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Is it worth paying the $40 for darktide or should I wait for a sale?

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I vote for ignoring the space marine skin color stuff and making every chapter multi-racial because dealing with skin color and contemporary racism will be a disaster no matter what is done.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
gently caress yeah. Denzel Washington is Guillimane, Jackie Chan is Rogal Dorn, John Leguzamo is Russ.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Commissar chat: The Gaunt's Ghosts books aren't bad they're just boring.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

FPyat posted:

. I've also nabbed the tank book Steel Tread by Andy Clark, though I haven't opened it.

I liked it!

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
It bothers me when chaos space marines refer to imperial forces as "loyalist." Why would a marine in the word bearers conceptualize their own actions as a disloyalty?

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It makes sense since they regard the Emperor as false, therefore they are loyal to a bad cause. They're proud of being disloyal to a false emperor.

You can't be disloyal to a ruler that isn't legitimate.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

So in Angel Exterminatus, Kroeger relives the experiences of a soldier named Karl in the trenches of WW1, and I'm just thinking about how Graham had the potential to create the funniest moment in Black Library history if he'd named him a certain little something else.

Its true they should have named him "Chad Kroeger"

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

I liked that short story about Vulkan, the leader of what is commonly agreed to be the nicest and most compassionate Legion, stomping a bunch of Eldar children into mush.

Do you have any further information about this short story?

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

War and Pieces posted:

What I really know is whether he was Napoleon or Hitler

They both were total monsters so he was both of them

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Are any if you folks playing warhammer darktide?

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

Technically those are just other Tyranids that are being carried for the purpose of puking on the enemy. Or spitting out little beetles at the enemy. Or firing penises at the enemy.

All of these are, more or less, real weapons that they have actually had.

'Nids are the coolest

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Calax posted:

I just got em in the omni-busses.

Omni bussy

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1643418155585269761

Holy poo poo

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

One Night Lord could take Earth at current tech levels, especially if he only flayed the wealthy and powerful.

Hell if that was the platform I'd canvass and knock on doors for him

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I was thinking of purchasing "Unholy: Tales of horror and woe from the imperium" has anyone here read it and do you have any thoughts if so?

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Waroduce posted:

you might like this

Goddamn the name "Dragon's Blood" sucks so much at least "Dragon's teeth" has some mythological precedent.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Isn't that a type of incense/tree

Hell yeah it is.

If a warhammer fanfic writer had any sort of actual knowledge they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, no way it would be any sort of allusion the reader was left to discover.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

D-Pad posted:

Excerpt pulled from Reddit, not sure where it came from but I believe it was an old codex:

Wait so the probe is sending back signals in orkish? Or it amplifies and then returns transmissions it finds? Is that what probes do?

lonelylikezoidberg fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 12, 2023

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
For some reason I thought that tyranids didn't travel faster than light, it took them forever to get somewhere but also hive fleets were so massive that they just couldn't be stopped.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The real question is which of the primarchs are cut and which are uncut

Russ' foreskin was eaten by wolves

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Honestly tho I always just figured they'd have a cloaca because big E would see that as the most efficient

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Alpharius and Omegon cum denial

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
The horror series is rarely much more horrific than regular warhams but it can be very (stupid) fun

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

celewign posted:

I know this isn't the right thread, but I took a break from Warhammer to read Hyperion and... Wtf it ends on a cliffhanger?

Yeah you can keep reading the series but its all kind of diminishing returns

Hyperion is excellent though. Maybe except for Kassad loving the shrike .

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Biplane posted:

Warhammer speeches are so good. I think this one from the First Wall is real good https://youtu.be/NPrvkff5NIw

Is that alex jones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

A dark age weapon.

I always liked this as the real origin of the Emperor.