Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The entire plot of Pariah is Eisenhorn v Ravenor. So I don't understand people's complaints that there is not enough of that. Admittedly it takes a bit to figure out that is what is happening.

Also a question: what the hell was the City of Dust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The scene in Pariah where the main character was being tested was interesting in this regard. There seemed to be different levels of blanks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are also void shields which in many cases make long range artillery moot.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Space marines also appear to be able deflect bolter shots with their swords at least some the time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I started rereading the Eisenhorn trilogy after like . . .6 years maybe? God drat do those books own. (Also I was amazed how much I forgot.) I know it is well known but they are easily the best BL books available.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can open the ebook files in kindle.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

99.999999999% of imperium citizens have no idea what a demonhost is.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schneider Heim posted:

It floats, it's bound in chains, it projects an aura of maliciousness... I dunno. Actually who cares, it's cool that they're running around and doing things.

Just got the Grey Knights omnibus. Don't know what to expect, but I hope to read more about the Ordo Malleus Inquisitors.

Except for the chains part it could be an Inquisitor or some random dude in a grav lift.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ravenor is there in the joint mission at the end fight of the Eisenhorn Trilogy. Cherubael is pretty out in the open at that point.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He isn't a heretic in my book. Cherubael is much safer bound up than freed. Plus he doesnt even have the Malus Codicum anymore. That was loving with him more than anything.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Counter point. He's rolling with chaos marines

Not technically demons! Well. Most of them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I really liked in Pariah how in the end the mansion was a gateway into Chaos / the Warp . I guess it is kind of a cliched idea but I thought Abnett handled it well and imaginatively.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UberJumper posted:

The nearest galaxy is ~2.5 million light years away, so the tyranids would have had to leave a long long time ago. I am pretty sure even if the emperor didn't setup his lighthouse. I am assuming the tyranids would still be coming, regardless.

My other problem is that everything points to the fact that the warp only seems to exist within the milky way. So how exactly would the Tyranids know about the warp and see the Astronomican?

The Large Magellanic Cloud is only like 160000 light years away. Some galaxies are even closer.

Andromeda is around the 30th closest galaxy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_galaxies

euphronius fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 7, 2013

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would have bought every BL book by now if they were available on Amazon Kindle store. But GW is dumb and now they only get money for their Abnett books.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mass Effect style Inquisitor game would be the best game ever made of all time. It would be better than a 1000 Ocarinas of Time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Horus' skeleton is esp freaky in that picture, more so than normal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What does mobile based 3d action game mean.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Noctis Horrendae posted:

Mass Effect styled game where you play as an Inquisitor, please, GW.

Probably costs too much to make.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Noctis Horrendae posted:

They'd make a lot more money off of an AAA high budget game than they'd make off of Plants vs. Zombies 40k edition - which is an actual thing, though the name escapes me - but GW's business department isn't known for their brains.

Maybe gross but not net and the risk is way higher.

Inquisitor Mass Effect would be the greatest game ever made. It would cost tons of money though and who knows how much it would appeal to people who are giant hams.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ME had the Bioware name with it though.

I mean if Bioware had wanted to make Inquistior Effect I am sure GW would have been all over that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does Imperial guard = astra militaratium or whatever now?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Carrion throne is pretty good . Two thumbs up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What book has Robute coming back in the present?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Carrion throne had me guessing until the end which is good.

Inquisitor books are awesome .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks. I almost bought it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

All right I got Dark Imperium .

I will let you know.

Spoiler re carrion throne : was Spinoza Crowl's daughter ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Another spoiler re carrion throne : was the plot to get the dark eldar into the throne room to help big E a real plot or just a cover story from people who were corrupted and wanted to kill big E? Or both?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They should have had female primarchs in retrospect. Oh well maybe next time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I specifically said female primarchs

It's wierd to me that the emperor is overtly male to begin with

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

But also there is no reason that female humans could not be turned into space marines. Theyed probably look the same.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh is that a "fact"?

It's hard to keep track .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Meridian posted:

I don't know, the reason might not be more than they arbitrarily decided that Space Marines would always be male when they created the idea and it's been that way for 30 years or whatever.

Why are there no male Bene Gesserit? Simply because until Paul no males were able to survive the Spice Agony. Among all the other things 40k ripped from Dune, that one's pretty straight forward.

There is no male reverend mothers you mean.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No you were right. I looked it up and they were exclusively female. Sorry.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't think 40k is full blown allegorical but there is lots of parody and satire of today's politics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

I mean... if you don't look at how the Imperium views aliens what with the general concept of irreversible cultural contamination via simple non-violent contact and immediately see the parallels to real world racist ideologies then... well I guess I'm kind of envious of you for not having seen the poo poo some people spew about other ethnicities.

I didn't disagree with you at all lol. I just said it's not allegory. There is definite satire though as you mention

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What was the gaunts book where he meets up with some eldar at the end. I think that was the last one I read.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh I didn't get very far then.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can someone lightly spoil what happens at the end of His Last Command? I think maybe I read it. Thank you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We got real lucky with Abnett tho.