Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

moths posted:

His thing is that he won't personally accept the offered gifts. He saw how the attached strings ensnared Horus, and won't make the same mistake.

He'll leverage it, as demonstrated by allowing Erebus to do wizard poo poo, but he's going to keep a buffer between himself and the warp. To Abaddon, it's not "accepting a gift from Chaos," he's letting Erebus use his own damnation to assist the cause.

One thing that surprised me the most about this whole series was how beloved Horus was by everyone. His sons, brothers, the Emperor, the Old Four, everyone. And how he attempts to reciprocate that love, even to the end.

Horus's greatest crime was being loved too much.

I guess the real heresy was the friends we made along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I really, really, want to read about someone calling Kharn a pussy for still not killing Erebus, after what he did to Argel Tal.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Azubah posted:

Added wrinkle, one of the Cawl lessers is their opponent.

Another wrinkle, the treasure is in the middle of Comorragh.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Dog_Meat posted:

I'd read the book that explains why Dorn is so pissy, but I'd completely forgotten what it was all about so this was kinda hilarious for me, too.

Turns out Sigsimund was right though. He did a LOT more for the Imperium by defying daddy's orders and coming home for future glory in the long run. Being unleashed as a champion-seeking, officer hunting murder machine and waffle stomping anyone who threatened the pilgrims probably did a lot more good than dying on a ship in the early stages

Although now I say that... I can't remember much about that book... wasn't the Fist fleet about to actually beat Perturabo in the void before being called home?

I believe so. If I remember right, Pollux had to choose between destroying Perturabo's flagship (while Perturabo was in it), or following Dorn's orders and returning to the Terran muster.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
There's also an omnibus "God-Machines", that has knights in it.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
PROMETHIUM CAN'T MELT PLASTEEL BEAMS! THE HIGH LORDS KNEW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

So what do you guys think Erdas whole magic thing dealio was

My guess is something similar to how the Wolves, White Scars, and eldar channel the warp. Some sort of lens/filter.

Not that we'll ever get anything more about her.