Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

Intergalactic, all-planetary, everything super-supreme champion
Even if Big E didn't bork up his sons. I think the Necrons and the Nids would still be a threat. And dear lord. Imagine a Warboss who survived a hundred encounters with Angron and Cruze. He'd be the size of a titan and carries a Mek like a club that fires Rokets and flies to planets on a red Meteor like a surf board while Orky metal plays in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

Big Willy Style posted:

It is Kaldor Draigo of the Grey Knights.

For ever in search of that fine rear end warp dust

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

Going through Talon of Horus and I do like the Thousand Sons guy's perspective

How him and other Sons don't hate the Wolves but consider them the decieved when they learned that Horus was the one that turned the mission from police action to execution. God drat do I love the Thousand Sons. I always liked that their turn to chaos was a tragic misunderstanding and then to throw stuff like this in there. If I played the actual tabletop I think my two armies would have to be the IG and the Thousand Sons. Just so much to that legion.

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

You mean the Skjall's perspective? Which guy do you mean?

I am god drat terrible at remembering (and spelling) names. Khalon or how ever its spelled. The guy with the Wolf daemon.

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

Baka-nin posted:

I used to be a massive 40k nut but now I'm having trouble getting back into the books. Apart from HH and the long running series like Gaunts Ghosts, could someone recommend a recent 40K book to dive back into? I've heard some good things about Ahriman and in general I like the Guardsman books but they were really very different from each other.

I liked that Commissar book that came out last year. All Guard book.

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

Uroboros posted:

Pretty much the best part of the entire book. I love it when the loyalists get to do a little smack talk to the traitors considering pretty much everything is set to go their way minus Horus dying.

Everyone hates on Vulkan Lives, but at the end when Vulkan puts Kurze in his place is great, and honestly I'd prefer it to Kurze's stupid batman treatment.

Vulkan....even batshit crazy and hurt is nothing to gently caress with. At least that book gives a better reason why Vulkan is out of the fight than he disappeared but find his magical Kamidoga hidden across the universe and he'll come back like Captain Planet.

It also implies how incompetent the Angels are. They have Curze on their ship. They know this. And they decide the fact he is loose in the bowels of the ship that its better to pull into orbit above an unknown loyalty faction planet and risk A) unleashing a monster on friendlies or B) giving him a chance to reunite with traitors. They were lucky Vulkan fell from orbit to that planet. Only a psychotic hulk could take Curze down because he didn't care about being hurt. He was already hurt beyond caring anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

What are some good series to get into Warhammer Fantasy with?