Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Demiurge4 posted:

It's good to see Abnett back in the Warhammer horse but I wish he'd finish Pariah before starting a new series, even if it's Eisenhorn.

It's possible the Black Library didn't like Pariah and don't want him to continue. I really enjoyed the book but it wasn't a normal BL read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

I don't believe I've read all of the Ghost books. But the ones I have read gave me the impression they were rapidly running out of Tannith natives given their attrition. It's literally going to come down to the Tannith First and Only isn't it?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

They took heavy losses during Sabbat Martyr and were merged with a Belladon Recon regiment. The Tanith are dying out but the Verghastite and Belladon contingents do receive fresh reserve units following Only in Death, where 50% of the regiment became casualties at Hinzerhaus.

I believe I got that far into the series. The Belladon Colonel takes over while Gaunt and his elite are off on the chaos world. When they get back Gaunt and his people are broken mentally and treat everyone like inferior peons. Finally they get wise that they themselves are the real assholes while the Belladon Colonel takes one for the plot and dies in a heroic holding action. Then I remember a desert outpost where they got mauled but managed to win through some funky xeno tech.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Immanentized posted:

the heresy was planned for, the Imperium is for the humans. Malcador made the emperor into what he is now. Primarchs were gonna get culled sooner or later.

Does the first part mean that Malcador anticipated that primarchs would fall and tried to prepare for it?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Malcador as someone who helped focus or mold the Emperor is an interesting idea. I've seen in the lore and snippets people have posted that where the Emperor was detached from basic humanity that Malcador had a much firmer grasp on things. A case of someone with great vision guiding someone with great ability. And then in WH40k fashion hubris bringing it all down on their heads.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

If you skip Ghostmaker you miss the sniper's story and you are doing yourself a disservice.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

bagrada posted:

All I could think about when re-reading early Gaunt's Ghosts was how badass it would be as a miniseries, military horror in the vein of Aliens. Is the Eisenhorn tv show getting anywhere? Google brought up Frank Spotnitz talking about it in May, and I'm sure the pandemic's not helping things, but I'm not going to get excited until I see a trailer.

The pandemic shut television and movie production down completely. And as things drag on we're going to see shows get cancelled or seasons shortened to cut costs. New shows like the Eisenhorn project might be the first to go.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Dark City

I get this is 40k and the stakes were too big just to roll with. But I enjoyed Luce and the crew of misfits and was hoping for more to come.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Didn't an Eisenhorn project get swallowed up by covid? I forget who was bankrolled it but the Man in the High Castle people were going to. E in charge of production.

If Eisenhorn is free Cavill would do a good job with it. Any of the famous inquisitors, commissary, or guard leaders would work too. I agree that space marines should be used as an oh poo poo moment and not the lead.

And if it all goes well he can finally play Valador.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

It's going to be fun to see which bat poo poo insane theory comes true.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

This but for Bequin. That trilogy is my favourite Abnett work yet (Know No Fear is close behind though).

Hopefully good times ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

You know what, I'd like 40k to quit referencing recent history and start making poo poo up wholesale for the other 27k of history in between. I don't care about some goofy perpetual killed MLK or that one of Ravenor's bunch found a plastic figurine of Yuri Gagarin. I want details on the iron men and various human societies that existed in the golden age.

It was a toy rocket with CCCP on the side. So that was just an amusing throw away joke.