Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

rocket_Magnet posted:

That's a shady reference to the two missing legions, the 2nd and 11th there's little to no information about those two legions aside from mentions in conversations between primarchs in Prospero Burns, a Thousand Sons, and the First Heretic. :eng101:

Look man, that little incident never happened. Nope. Never.

Also- in a few of the HH books they talk about the AI's going rogue and thats why they were banned during the crusade/after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Mr.48 posted:

Didnt really get an answer on the previous page, are the Sisters of Battle books any good?

I've heard things ranging from "meh" to "oh dear god burn it". Enough that I've personally havent bothered to read them.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

lenoon posted:

I think Andy Chambers or Warwick Kinrade wanted to do the primary returning thing after the eye of terror and was quietly pushed out of the writing team as a consequence, there's an interview about it somewhere.

I mean it was heavily implied that russ is still alive and is coordinating the 13th company from the warp - well, what could kill russ anyway?

Where was that implied?

Besides, he's probably already been eaten by something.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Fried Chicken posted:

15 hours is ok, but if you want a good guard book after Gaunt's Ghosts I'd suggest Cadian Blood.

I've always loved the "Oops. What happened to the commissar? Guess he didn't make it. *cough*".

Kinetica fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 30, 2013

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Mowglis Haircut posted:

Most of the Legions have some pretty cool features and themes about them. Only a few chapters into Angel Exterminatus, and I'm actually enjoying it, and the Iron Warriors have quite a bit of character so far. However, whenever Raven Guard are written about, they just turn into awful gravel voiced grim Solid Snake ripoffs who are so super awesome at sneaking and incredibly sardonic and cool and ugh.

Dark Angels too.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
McNeill seems to be getting better at writing, I'm pleasantly surprised given how terrible some of the authors are (and somehow, some of them seem to get worse).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I all ways took immortal to mean that they wouldn't ever die unless they were helped along.