Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gormless Gormster
Jul 28, 2012

AVE IMPERATOR!

Or something

Arbite posted:

what do the radicals of Ordo Hereticus use?

If I'm not mistaken, they get involved with all sorts of neat xeno and archeo-tech. Also daemon tech. By which I mean a gun with a loving daemon inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gormless Gormster
Jul 28, 2012

AVE IMPERATOR!

Or something

Crigit posted:

What does it shoot?

It shoots bullets.
The difference is that the daemon is an rear end in a top hat. Sometimes the gun doesn't fire because the daemon has decided it would like to sleep in. Other times the bullets suddenly possess magical warp bending powers (Like changing time.)

God help you if you're holding a daemon weapon and aren't paying attention (Remember the Exorcist? Yeah that'll happen.)

Gormless Gormster
Jul 28, 2012

AVE IMPERATOR!

Or something

Baron Bifford posted:

Is there a proper scientific term to describe a trait or combination of traits that are permanently lost through cross-breeding?

The term you're looking for might be negative heterosis or outbreeding depression, where the offspring are less fit than the parents due to the loss of advantageous traits. In this case, loss of the warp eye due to the introduction of a PLEBEIAN.

Also, has there been any word of a new Ciaphas Cain?

Gormless Gormster
Jul 28, 2012

AVE IMPERATOR!

Or something

Arquinsiel posted:

There's a story in some book somewhere about an Ork Waaugh that goes into the Eye of Terror and lands on some Daemonworld. They fight lots of random Khorne Daemons and die horribly. Then the next day, for the evulz, Khorne ressurects them all. The orks live (and die) happily ever after.

ETA: UGH, fukkan teach me to not read the whole thread....

So they pretty much go to Valhalla?

Gormless Gormster
Jul 28, 2012

AVE IMPERATOR!

Or something

Kegslayer posted:

There's a series by Gav Thorpe called Path of the Eldar. The first one, Path of the Warrior followed an Eldar's journey into from an artist to becoming an aspect warrior. It wasn't awful which by default makes it one of the best Eldar book that GW has published.

I think the other two books in the series are about similar Eldar journeys into the path of a seer and an outcast but I haven't read them so can't comment. There's also a Dark Elder novel as well that is suppose to be qiote readable.

I've read all of them. Path of the Warrior started the series off on a good note, since it was relatively enjoyable and also quite novel (HA!) being one of the first Eldar books to actually shed some light on Eldar society beyond the battlefield. The other two (Seer and outcast) are just loving boring , replete with boring characters (The main character of outcast somehow manages to be a contemptible rear end in a top hat who is also incredibly boring. The main character of seer is a frigid one-dimensional brat with daddy issues.) and a boring recycled overarching plot (Literally the same events occur in all three novels, but from different viewpoints.) and boring sequences. The novelty wears off remarkably quickly.

Path of the Renegade (The Dark Eldar one) is quite enjoyable by contrast, creating almost half sympathetic DE characters without sacrificing any of the delicious SOULTORTUREBLOODFEAST grimdark of the Dark Eldar. Again, there is a lot of novelty value to be had because it expands Dark Eldar society and culture quite comprehensively.

Read Path of the Renegade simply because it's the best of the lot, then Path of the Warrior if you're curious. IGNORE THE OTHER TWO and pretend that they were never written.

Gormless Gormster fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 17, 2012