Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

hopterque posted:

The Lion book ends with him receiving an envoy from the Blood Angels headed up by Dante himself, who was sent by Guilliman to acknowledge and support the Lion and his dark angels/fallen/risen/whatever force, so they're definitely aware of each other and to some degree working towards the same goal (Saving humanity).

I don't think Guilliman had specifically sent him at that point, he'd just appointed Dante to watch over Nihilihus & went back to Sanctus and then Dante heard about the Lion's return and went to investigate personally. I'm sure that word has reached Gulliman by the end of Arks of Omen, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

EatD spoilers:I think it’s nice even with everything that was happening that Horus and The Emperor took some time out to play a few rounds of Horus Heresy: Legions.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I wonder if Loken only survived Istvaan 3 because he had to get ganked by Erebus so Samus could come into being. It’s a time loop, of sorts.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

GW are releasing The Art Of The Horus Heresy which is funny because it's just a collection of the book covers, and most of the book covers quite frankly suck.

Does it not have any of John Blanche's work? Or the stuff from the original TCG?

EotD3 spoilers:
actually maybe that was part of the inspiration for some of the Emps/Horus card battle, since that actually predated the novel series and IIRC actually sparked interest in exploring the whole era in the first place.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 5, 2024

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

NihilCredo posted:

He was canonically defeated in some Z-tier audio drama, though I don't think it was a permakill.

But much more importantly, nothing that would do justice to the memes could possibly ever get past GW's editors.

IIRC he got taken down by the White Scars (after several tries, mind) and his still-living head is on a spike outside their fortress monastery.

I’m sure that won’t be a problem, it’s not as if it’s if his patreon’s chosen Daemon Primarch and legion have had beef with the Khan and the White Scars since the heresy (technically earlier, even given they were poo poo-talking on Ulllanor) are becoming more active and likely getting their own codex this edition.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I kind of feel Chaos Sigmarines already exist, they're just called Chaos Warriors, given they're already stronger than mortals and explicitly empowered by the Dark Gods. Obviously it's not a 1:1 thing.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Heck 40K beastmen aren’t inherently Chaotic like they are in Fantasy/AoS, it’s just they’re so mistreated by the Imperium that a lot of them join Chaos. The 30k Imperialis Militia rules even note that Beastmen were just as loyal and intelligent as their human counterparts.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wish they'd rerelease some of the old Imperial Armour books, they were gorgeous

They’re in the Warhammer Vault, at least.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

notaspy posted:

Just finished Da Big Dakka. Top book, loadsa fun.

I have just worked out what GW should do next with the setting:

The Emperor of Mankind was interred on the Golden Throne

The Empress of Mankind steps off it 10k years later!

I mean the Star Child is a thing again and GW hasn’t specified their gender…

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kylaer posted:

Yes, this was very clever. The Emperor is masculine but the Emperor is just one of the many aspects that nameless entity has worn. The entity has been the entire tarot deck of identities and chose the Emperor in that time and place. No doubt didn't intend to get stuck in it, not to mention in hideous torment, for the next 10,000 years.

I guess that adds an interesting twist to the Star Child.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kylaer posted:

I am the late Sir Terry Pratchett. I am the amazingness which could have happened if GW had offered a better contract.

I liked the bit in Son of the Forest where a character quotes him and attributes it to an ancient Terran sage. I thought it was a nice nod and it worked in context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kylaer posted:

Which quote was it? I didn't notice it on my first read-through and I'll do another at some point but I've got a lot of other stuff I intend to read before circling back to that one.

‘A man is not dead while his name is still spoken.’

sharknado slashfic posted:

Does anyone remember a short story about an Iron Warriors warlord who offers I think Eldar spirit stones in a contest for who is the biggest badass and then the contestants show up and talk about how badass they are and then he throws a tantrum when he finds out no one gives a poo poo about fighting the Imperium anymore

Wow that was a big sentence. My apologies to the book barn.

I believe that was the framing device for the Treacheries of the Space Marines anthology. IIRC he threw his tantrum because while all of the others who showed up were from other traitor legions they were all post-heresy recruits.

Edit: Beaten.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 30, 2024