Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Azran posted:

Reading Pariah and it may be the first time I see a fantasy/sci fi writer mention half-swording/mordhau in a sword fight. Abnett owns.

Also all the grimdark fades away if you are reading a book about North Korea at the same time.

I visualized that one as taking place in Shanghai for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

jadebullet posted:

Edit: Black Library submission was rejected. Oh well. Good luck to everyone else who submitted.

That sucks, sorry. You can take comfort in knowing that BL's taste is...questionable. I feel like the combined powers of this thread could take over their business and do a better job from day one.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well I took a several-month break from following BL and 40K stuff, and I missed MoM being released so I'm antsy to shove it into my face.

Now eagerly reading. Has Abnett returned to us yet?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well because I find it hard to eschew a 40K omnibus, I picked up Forges of Mars the other day. Have been meaning to get around to those books since I've heard they're tolerable McNeill.

I still can't find MoM in stores...is it digital-only right now?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The leopard growled wetly, "Noice."

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Relevant Tangent posted:

Not only are Jokaero a thing, you can field an entire army that is just them and an Inquisitor. You'll lose, but your army of monkey-slaves will live forever in the tales of your foes. Because they've all got Lascannons/Heavy Flamers/Multi-meltas simultaneously, so they're going to blow-up a ton of stuff on their way out.

It's posts like these that make me want to get into the tabletop game, but then I remember I shouldn't do that.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Syncopated posted:

1 weird trick to become a Black Library writer. People with hair hate it!

That sure is a lot of bald white men. Those few guys with hair better watch out.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DARPA posted:

Finished Prospero Burns and enjoyed it much more than A Thousand Sons. I think the human having his own story, while the Hersey happens as a backdrop, made it way easier to get through.

That said. "wet leopard growl" may be the most overused phrase in all of English literature. And it's just in this one book. How did the editor not resolve that before release?

Editor?!?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Night Lords monologue too much. If they didn’t have plot armor they’d be dead from a bullet to the back while they were running their mouth after every kill.

That's the best part. The trilogy is completely self-aware about the campy aspect of the Legion and carries itself like a B-rated action flick.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay please somebody come play Combat Cards with me on iOS. I've never really been a fan of deck-builders but this one is fun and lots of 40k detail.

I'll start a clan once I scrape together the coins.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hey if anyone in here plays Combat Cards on iOS, I started a goon clan: Awful Astartes is now accepting players.

Join clan ID "L6PHQ"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sextro posted:

Checking it out now, and is it me or are tau OP???

Also it’s set to private so I don’t see how to join.

The factions are actually pretty balanced, I'm at an arena plateau at about level 30, I can't seem to find a faction that breaks through.

I just set the clan to Requests.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

NihilCredo posted:

:staredog: Well there's my answer to the question "who the hell plays those blatant least-effort shovelware/p2w money grab mobile ccg's?"

This one is fun to grind along as an f2p player, at least. Much less imbalanced than most of its type.

Also the art on the cards is awesome.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I knew there was a reason I wanted to click on this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

"Look at my hat y'all!"