Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Legion by Dan Abnett, I think.

Lore question: it seems almost every genuinely magical object in WH40K is an unholy daemon-possessed thing. Are there any Warp-imbued objects that DON'T draw on unholy power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sandweed posted:

Isn't there a piece of gear made from a small piece of the emperors amour that captains and stuff wear instead of a helmet?
Yeah, the Imperium has a lot of holy artifacts, but I think the vast majority of them have no true supernatural power and humans are overly superstitious.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Angry Lobster posted:

Haven't seen the Ultramarines movie, but drat, that video quality looks like a bit more polished cinematic from a game made in the 90's, like Chaos Gate. The videos from Mark of Chaos definitely looks better than this.
One thing I love about these little Warhammer videos is that any character can be killed at any moment. A character can look badass and have a dramatic entrance and look like he's about to do something important yet get killed unceremoniously in the next shot, just like a piece in the tabletop game. There is no plot armor.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I forgot how nasty this thread could get.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Arquinsiel posted:

For once it wasn't you. Good job buddy!
I has a cookie! Who wants to share?

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

It looks off; think about how wide his shoulders would have to be for them to end up anywhere that made sense under the armor.

Pretty cool looking though.

edit: actually a second glance means it may be closer to right than I thought, if you realize the shoulderpads are all armor and look at the arms under them.

In most Warhammer art, I think none of the artists thought to first draw a human form, then draw armor over it. This was pretty apparent to me in the Dawn of War games.

This artist at DeviantArt designed power armor around the human form.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I read that worship of the Emperor in the Imperium varies a lot from world to world. The Ecclesiarchy tolerates some variety because it is futile and dangerous to impose a rigid standard across a million worlds. What are the minimum requirements for a denomination to be non-heretical?

Uroboros posted:

Yeah, the arms seem to high up on the body. Maybe the pauldrons are what gives me this impression, but it seems like the head is set way to low. Then again there are people who make actually suits of terminator armor for cosplay, and they fit in the drat things.
If you look at those videos of cosplayers, you will see that they can barely move in those things. Often, they walk on stilts, and those hands are fake.

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 14, 2014

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I thought it was a good idea to have one sympathetic and vibrant race to contrast all the others. They don't have to be perfect, just likable.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I thought they were created in much the same way as Loyalists: they implant their (corrupt) gene-seeds into human recruits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sandweed posted:

The Emperor could have prevented the entire Heresy by telling some of his idiot sons about the webway project.

"Don't tell Magnus this Horus, but the reason I'm putting you in charge is that I'm going back to Terra to build a new Space Highway straight through the galaxy" *puts on yellow hardhat and telleports away*
It's daft because He had to divulge the Webway Project's existence to all the tech-priests who were working on it. Malcador was in on it too, I think.