Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.
As of this morning, we are now officially free of our all revolving debt!

It's entirely thanks to a workman's comp benefit so there's not much to learn from our situation, except that it sure would have been sweet to just blow all that money on awesome poo poo we want...but instead, we paid back credit card and personal debts that had been hanging over our heads for years. After that, we built up a little emergency savings fund so we won't have to keep putting unexpected expenses on credit, which is how we got in this situation in the first place. (And we're going to spend a little bit on ourselves as well. Buying such luxuries as new sheets and a coat rack. We...don't really have extravagant tastes.) Now, the huge chunk of our budget that was going towards paying off credit cards can be used partially to pad out the parts of our budget that are always a struggle to stick to, and partially for building up more and more savings. I'm just embarking on a new career path as well so it's perfect...we've been given a fresh start. :)

I feel a little bad that we didn't have to fight and claw our way to financial freedom the way so many people do, but it's an incremental improvement nonetheless and I couldn't be happier about the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU