Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I started my IRA with Franklin Templeton after meeting with my financial adviser on Friday. And then on Sunday I wreck my car and have my scooter broken during a theft attempt by the assholes around here.

But(!) I have $800 sitting in the bank for emergencies, and August is an extra paycheck month so I should be able to cover all those expenses. It's going to take me a few months to get enough cash saved to fix my car, so I'm just going to fix up the scooter and invest in theft insurance and a good lock, save gas and drive the scooter around while it's still warm. Won't start getting super cold until late September.

Plus my boss is fine with me working from home until I get transportation sorted. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Got a new job at a great company. My soon to be old employer is considering keeping me on as a freelance basis since I can do most of the work in the evenings and weekends.

If it works out I'll be pulling in enough income to be free of my student loans in 2-3 years. I'll be debt free before 30.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I paid off a student loan this week. Bye bye $491 loan. $30,500 more to go.

Feels good.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I started this year with about 40k in debt. I'm looking at ending this year with about 21k while contributing 10% pre-tax to my 401k and will max my 2020 IRA in February 2021. I guess this isn't incremental lol.
I'm following the reddit guide so next will be increasing my emergency fund starting in March. A big improvement is I'm doing yearly planning now vs when I was month to month for over a decade.

Also my company finally hired a UX researcher, and I was the only one on my design team to indicate a desire to move into the field, so I'm really pumped to be trained by her because she was at IBM in their AI division and is insanely talented.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 19, 2020