Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deltawing
Sep 20, 2007

feels good man
I got VA Compensation back pay and I was able to knock out all of my student loans (about 19k) in one fell swoop! Now the only debt I have is my car loan (like 26k left on it, brand new 2012 Ford Focus).

I recently got my first full-time job making about 46k a year and I'm living on my own. My lease is up in Feb 2013 and I'm looking to getting my own house! Hopefully nothing too crazy as it could be something I could rent out for income later on in life!

Also, started working towards maxing out my Roth IRA for the 2012 tax year and set up 20% contribution towards my retirement with a 10% employer match!

Things are definitely looking up :)

deltawing fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deltawing
Sep 20, 2007

feels good man

Harry posted:

I'd hold off on the house for a bit. No reason to trap yourself in a specific area.

I plan on staying in this area for the long-term.

Nocheez posted:

Also, you spent $26K on a Focus?!

All the features, it's a pretty awesome car. Talk to me 5 years ago and I would've told you I'd never in a million years buy a Focus. They've come a LONG way and are great, economical vehicles with some really great features (heated seats, full leather, navigation/XM, remote start, etc).

deltawing
Sep 20, 2007

feels good man

Harry posted:

Let us know how that works out in a year or two.

Considering I'm not going to lose my job that I love and I love the area and the location, I feel safe with saying I'm sticking around.