Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd
My wife and I paid off the last of my student loans in October, making the final payment one week before my co-op (and income) ended. I basically spent the whole month staring anxiously at our spreadsheet with my fingers crossed. So we are officially out of debt.

Over the last three years, we've paid off two sets of student loans, I've completed an MBA by going to school at night and working to pay for it during the day, and somewhat successfully made the transition out of journalism and into finance. I dumb-luck rolled my way into the co-op and then the new-company job I have now, which is supposedly temp to perm, fell in my lap the day after I got in touch with my staffing agency.

It has been terrifying, and continually not knowing whether or not I will have stable income in six months for almost two years has not been fun, at all.

On the other hand, looking at our spreadsheet each month and seeing the numbers go up instead of down is the best feeling ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU