Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I got a promotion today! I started as a temp with the company in August, went full-time in November, and just interviewed for and received a promotion to a newly created position within the company today. The job came with a 20% pay increase (it is still not an impressive salary but 20% is 20%, haha). I graduated in May, this is my first "real-person" job. I have a really good health care plan now! I'm thrilled here, and I should be completely financially independent within the next few months, which is a huge deal for me :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I moved to a different city with about no money after graduating college with some huge loan debt; this was in May 2012. From that point I spent 3 months unemployed and from there I was hired as a temp, hired on full-time, promoted with a 20% bump in salary, and just paid off 70% of a loan I took out for moving expenses. I have a 3% 401k with employer matching half of that, health care for the first time ever, a flex-account, and a grand in savings. My net worth is still -$20k but hey..getting there :)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My credit card will be paid off by my next paycheck and I can start loading money into my emergency fund, which is a weird but good feeling. I've started cooking at home as well which has reduced my food costs and I feel better, so even more savings should be appearing soon.

On top of that, even though my company didn't turn a profit last year, I got a raise! A 1.5% raise, but a raise nonetheless. The raise was enough to cover the increases I made to my FSA and 401k contributions this year so I'm only seeing $8 less per paycheck.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fully paid off one credit card! It was the only one I was paying interest on; I've got 2 more to go; both at 0%APR until August 2015, one at a $418 balance and one at a $2.4k balance. I'm going to buffer my savings up from 800-1600 by the end of the year, then get rid of the remaining balances. Feels good :)