Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I'm debt-free - I'm fully funding my 401(k) and my ROTH IRA, I have a balanced budget and a 1 month buffer of income plus and emergency fund, now I'm setting aside cash for vacations! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

the last two years going from unemployed and deeply in debt to a much better place...

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

the last two years going from unemployed and deeply in debt to a much better place...

one year later and now it's up 66%

these forums really helped me get my head on straight when it comes to managing money (also YNAB helped too)

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

CaptainRat posted:

I pushed the buttons to trigger all this a few days ago but the transactions have finally processed and I now have six months worth of savings in an emergency fund and I've set up automatic transactions to max out my IRA.

awesome!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Cacafuego posted:

After paying off my private student loan late last year, I’ve paid $5500 to my federal student loans in the past 3 months!

Unfortunately I still have $69,800420 to go :v:

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Love Stole the Day posted:

I saved almost a thousand dollars this pay period (i.e. every two weeks)!

that's impressive! what are you going to do with it?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Jato posted:

Today is a good day. After many failed attempts at planning and budgeting and then finally getting my poo poo together over the past year - for the first time in my adult life I am debt free!

congratulations! that's a huge achievement!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

one year later and now it's up 66%

these forums really helped me get my head on straight when it comes to managing money (also YNAB helped too)

another year, and things are chugging along nicely up 62% - we got a much bigger than expected tax bill after we married but luckily we had a big emergency fund to absorb it, also we were able to save for our wedding so we didn't go into debt but still had the wedding we wanted, of course all of this is somewhat muted by the market taking a huge dump too but we're 30 & 35 years from retirement respectively, so whatever.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

another year, and things are chugging along nicely up 62% - we got a much bigger than expected tax bill after we married but luckily we had a big emergency fund to absorb it, also we were able to save for our wedding so we didn't go into debt but still had the wedding we wanted, of course all of this is somewhat muted by the market taking a huge dump too but we're 30 & 35 years from retirement respectively, so whatever.

normally i just update yearly on this but we hit a really nice milestone this week, for the first time ever our net worth is above 500K and we're up 40.6% from this post from march this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

congrats goon, also congrats on your perma?!